R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   Rookie to xray? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/326279-rookie-xray.html)

Drillit 09-09-2009 11:37 PM

Rookie to xray?

1 Attachment(s)
Are these any good?

Attachment 498008

DaredevilD 09-09-2009 11:43 PM

Depends on who you are asking some will say yes and some will say no. How much money do you have?

joeymdz 09-09-2009 11:51 PM

are you looking for a new car?

Drillit 09-10-2009 12:11 AM

I got a couple bucks left over from my accident claim,(I got my arm stuck in the seat tryin to wash my socks) so i'm just looking for something that would make a good basher. you guys know of any good parking lots to run in? My culdesac sucks!

New car? not really, I just thought this car looked like a good place to start.

I snagged a killer 1/8 E something or other power system off e-site.
what would be a beginner speed control to run with this?
Will it run 5 of those new airplane rechargable battery cells?

sorry for all the questions, got to start somewhere.

dpatterson26 09-10-2009 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Drillit (Post 6324701)
Are these any good?

Attachment 498008

I would start with the T2R, its gunna be a little more affordable for someone with your budget. Go check out the lowe's lot, Home depot has lots of obstacles to dodge when you feel that you get good enuf.

Drillit 09-10-2009 12:22 AM

nther ?

would this be a better drift car, or should i just run it modifyed class with the 5 cell battery?

by the way i just figured out its actually 5s pack, not 5 cells of the nicads like they run in french.

dpatterson26 09-10-2009 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Drillit (Post 6324787)
nther ?

would this be a better drift car, or should i just run it modifyed class with the 5 cell battery?

by the way i just figured out its actually 5s pack, not 5 cells of the nicads like they run in french.

I think if you are loooking for a drift car I would get an ASS tc4. I understand you can run 5 cells on one side and put a looonnnnng wire on it to get the sixth cell on the other side of the chassis to help accomodate the weight and keep even side to side when it the car is balanced it seems to help it transition from side to side when you are going around corners and a very hight rate of sppeed thjat the drift cars cary and helps keep them under control so you dont hit pips or trees or curbs or rocks and knock out dog bones and blame your buddy for doing it and stuff its always more fun to do it that way because its never fun to say that you are no good and cant drive u always need an excuse to say that you cant do it rather than just aking the blame for it especially when the last guy blames it on the guy that drove it last before he gave the remote controlller back to the origianl guy that had it if you know what i mean???????

Sorry to be so long winded i am just looking to help wherever i can to hekp this be a more funner hobby for everybody that is inbolved that loves our hjobby as much as we do and to keep it as cheap as possible, do you know where i can get more of them nickle batteries becausae i a need a new one i had a cell go bad in one of my packs that i bought at the begining of last year and i could not get anybody to warrant it for me so i still have 1 bad battery that i canot use anymore if you know of anybody that has one they are not using please let me konow so i can buy or if they wanted to give it to me that would be even better to befcause my bicycle repair business a little slow the the economy wright now

Thankx dudes.

Drillit 09-10-2009 12:40 AM

loosing 1 cell is no big deal, this guy expianed it to me just this evening, know kidding check it out.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...2th-scale.html

el salvador 09-10-2009 12:48 AM

Rookie to Xrated?

Originally Posted by Drillit (Post 6324787)
nther ?

You been takin ALL your Meds like the Doctor told ya Mark? Ya Know we've had similar issues up here in "Greater (OK lesser) Seattle"! :ha: One of the "Locals" posted on the H-30 thread, "I'm so excited, I almost stayed home and medicated!". Unfortunatly, it was the Timing/Scoring system that didn't get sufficient medication! :rolleyes:

Warning-Injuries from "Accidents" are nothing to "ef" with, next thing you know, your "Sanity" could be the NEXT casuality, Take your Meds, Bitch! :deathstar

Drillit 09-10-2009 12:53 AM

yes Siree, quickly before i loose my van to the jones'

Drillit 09-10-2009 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by dpatterson26 (Post 6324809)
I think if you are loooking for a drift car I would get an ASS tc4. I understand you can run 5 cells on one side and put a looonnnnng wire on it to get the sixth cell on the other side of the chassis to help accomodate the weight and keep even side to side when it the car is balanced it seems to help it transition from side to side when you are going around corners and a very hight rate of sppeed thjat the drift cars cary and helps keep them under control so you dont hit pips or trees or curbs or rocks and knock out dog bones and blame your buddy for doing it and stuff its always more fun to do it that way because its never fun to say that you are no good and cant drive u always need an excuse to say that you cant do it rather than just aking the blame for it especially when the last guy blames it on the guy that drove it last before he gave the remote controlller back to the origianl guy that had it if you know what i mean???????

Sorry to be so long winded i am just looking to help wherever i can to hekp this be a more funner hobby for everybody that is inbolved that loves our hjobby as much as we do and to keep it as cheap as possible, do you know where i can get more of them nickle batteries becausae i a need a new one i had a cell go bad in one of my packs that i bought at the begining of last year and i could not get anybody to warrant it for me so i still have 1 bad battery that i canot use anymore if you know of anybody that has one they are not using please let me konow so i can buy or if they wanted to give it to me that would be even better to befcause my bicycle repair business a little slow the the economy wright now

Thankx dudes.

didn't you have a paper route just 25 minuets ago? dang did you git run over by a senator in his hummer? must of had good witnesses!

dpatterson26 09-10-2009 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Drillit (Post 6324864)
didn't you have a paper route just 25 minuets ago? dang did you git run over by a senator in his hummer? must of had good witnesses!

ummmm.....i don't remember1!!!!

Drillit 09-10-2009 01:24 AM

well lie back, put your feet up,be carfull, and before you now it, the checks will start rollin in as if you hit the lottery.

Drillit 09-10-2009 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by DaredevilD (Post 6324710)
Depends on who you are asking some will say yes and some will say no. How much money do you have?

honestly, i'm not a cop n i only got like 23 bucks.

Mr. Burpsalot 09-10-2009 05:02 AM

EDIT= I'm out.....