Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!* >

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo
Oh....Dang...Thats a GREAT Idea.....LMAOO....I bet it be more than 50 that have it off. "First Annual" 3 Day "RC Offroad Challange"
need a cool name ..................................... hidden hangar challenge ?

area 51 area 52 .... you know
Old 07-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Legend

Guess with all the disappointment I`m making round 4 a throw out & doing the regional instead....
Old 07-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

f the rules

can we have a race at your place and not have anything to do with the NCT on that weekend tracy ?

i would definitely be in for that and i am sure there would be at least 50 other racers who have that weekend off
No problem Monty, I'll open up for a 3 days Aug 7-9, nothing to do with nct ... if there are guys that have made plans to race that weekend and want to still get it on somewhere come to area52.

PM me with your thoughts on race details.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leopard1
We dont even care about money ... but if theres a few bucks left in our humble little donation can .. that would be bitchen ... I just want you all to come race here on behalf of our local racers that would like to dance with the big dogs for fun.

Maybe all the directors could do a quick vote by phone to vote themselves in as round 4 sarigate hosts and come run the thing and take all the bread and pay for whatever you all gota pay for ... I cant move the friggin track to oregon

peace out
Agreed

Sorry Monty C.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leopard1
No problem Monty, I'll open up for a 3 days Aug 7-9, nothing to do with nct ... if there are guys that have made plans to race that weekend and want to still get it on somewhere come to area52.

PM me with your thoughts on race details.
I will be there.

I agree, "F" the rules, this is more of an emergency decision to be made and is in the best interest of the racers, you know us, that keep the NCT going

I think Area 52 has proven themselves, ran there last Year, even Scott Brown was there and said it was a great event!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

So with round four being cancelled, how are the E 1/8 points gunna work?? Still 3 out of 4?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ex-Champ
So with round four being cancelled, how are the E 1/8 points gunna work?? Still 3 out of 4?
Yup, Well, I guess it would be 3 out of 3.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

WOW, Gotta love the DRAMA on DRAMA tech.......

FYI, Tim got ahold of me when he found out the race couldnt happen at the facility. He exhausted every possible place to have the race. He is very concerned about this whole issue.
Rise contacted us about hosting the race, I let them know that it is Tims race, and if he hosted it there it was good..... However, that wouldnt work due to lease agreements.
EWCT????????????? Dont blame the NCT for that. Get he track owners to the meeting. I would love it to be spread evenly throughout.
Dave you are correct, I wasnt coming to the rage this year, due to the job change, no vacation, and 30% pay cut.... first rage i was gonna miss... I dont think i have missed it since its been part of the NCT.
This was NOT an NCT issue, Tims race got cancelled, Nothing he could do about it, Too close to the date to have someone else put it together. You guys seem to be blaming the NCT, and Rise for this..... think about it.
FYI this could potentially happen to any track out there. The plug could get pulled at anytime. The city, County, or land owner could shut us down anytime the want. Unfortunatly it happened to tim. BIG eye openr for me, thats for sure.

Leopard, thank you for stepping up for the R/c community. Wish i could go.
Make sure you make the meeting this year.
Thank you all.

this was not to bash anyone, or piss anyone off, just some facts.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crashin73
WOW, Gotta love the DRAMA on DRAMA tech.......

FYI, Tim got ahold of me when he found out the race couldnt happen at the facility. He exhausted every possible place to have the race. He is very concerned about this whole issue.
Rise contacted us about hosting the race, I let them know that it is Tims race, and if he hosted it there it was good..... However, that wouldnt work due to lease agreements.
EWCT????????????? Dont blame the NCT for that. Get he track owners to the meeting. I would love it to be spread evenly throughout.
Dave you are correct, I wasnt coming to the rage this year, due to the job change, no vacation, and 30% pay cut.... first rage i was gonna miss... I dont think i have missed it since its been part of the NCT.
This was NOT an NCT issue, Tims race got cancelled, Nothing he could do about it, Too close to the date to have someone else put it together. You guys seem to be blaming the NCT, and Rise for this..... think about it.
FYI this could potentially happen to any track out there. The plug could get pulled at anytime. The city, County, or land owner could shut us down anytime the want. Unfortunatly it happened to tim. BIG eye openr for me, thats for sure.

Leopard, thank you for stepping up for the R/c community. Wish i could go.
Make sure you make the meeting this year.
Thank you all.

this was not to bash anyone, or piss anyone off, just some facts.
What does the rule book say for points for the rest of the series? 3 of 5 now? That I would think would be the only NCT issue.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

I think that The NCT should use this as a learning experiance and have a back up plan in place for issues like this. i agree with cory though that even is there was a back up track in place it would have still been too late

on another note people that want to race can race thins weekend July31-aug2 in Spokane wa. for the RCPRO rnd 3.

things to note about this race:
100% new layout!!!
ALL the dirt has been sifted to remove any rocks 3/8" and bigger. ( not a small task)
NO LATE FEE!!!
New enlarged pit lane

Now that summer rage has been cancelled this would be a great race to attend! Sign ups are on where to race
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are the NCT rules posted anywhere? I checked on Northwestchampionshiptour.com but couldn't get the rules link to open.

It would seem that best 3 out of 5 for points would be more fair to racers than best 4 out of 5.

I am fine with it either way, but it would be nice to know for sure.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Not suprised with all the hub-bub with this post. What we need is a decision from the gods on the points. I could only attend 4 NCT's this year and the Rage was one of them. If they do not make it a 3 out of five I will not be traveling to Clarkston to race.

I know that no one cares about my opinion, nor anyone else's based on the slams and negative resposes, but if the rage is officially cancelled the 3 out of 5 is a reasonble solution.

My last note, is I want to thank all of you who are taking the hits and slams, and still willing to make things work. I want to get away from life at work and race and have fun with the friends I have made though the NCT. I want the NCT to stay around. It is a great place to spend time, and I have them grandkids who I hope to have racing in the future.

Please let us know so we can make decisions for the rest of the season.

Dan
Old 07-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

From the 08 Rules "rain out of an entire weekend" says reschedule with host? nothing about dropping entire race. I say 3 of 5 as well, give 2 drops and allow people who were running the last 4 races as their season to still have a season.
I have attached the 08 rules since the links on the NCT site have never worked
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 07-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just to let everyone know, Skagit river raceways had a club race schedule for aug 8th. we cancelled it for the NCT in Canby. we have now put it back on the schedule so we are racing that weekend at Burlington. we have been averaging 55-70 racers every club race so come on up to Burlington if you want.......just a option for people looking for a race that weekend.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With the points series a 4 out of 6 the best way will be having the throwout round be this one, if this goes to 3 out of 5 more racers have no reason to attend any more races.the idea behind having the last two count as points is to generate interest and excitement over the last two races instead of "well I raced three I'm done".We are already in preperation for the NCT finals in Pasco and hope to see many racers there it would be a shame to see only 50 racers show up for the last two because they think it means nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.