Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!* >

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

Old 07-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

I thought it might not go through only because the land owner had so many problems last year.....
Old 07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBLUE View Post
George, this is where you start pissing me off. You have no clue what the hell you are talking about and I suggest that you stop spreading bullshit rumors that you make up in your little bullshit head!!

HIGH 5
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

WOW!

I don't get on my computer for a week, and all this springs up. Bummer, sucky news.

I saw a few people tossing arround Walla Walla as an option. Our hands would be tied on this one, with this short of notice. We have to file our event permit with the city a minimum of 90 days before the event. Not to mention, trophies, t-shits, sponsors, crappers, entries, flyers, layout change, hiring a RD, ect, ect, ect, ect......

It takes a minimum of two months to plan a race like this.......two weeks just aint goin to happen.

Just like Rick said, anyone who has never been involved in putting on a large R/C event, has no idea what it takes to make it happen.

I think there are provisions in the NCT rules to handle situations like this, due to rain outs or event cancelations.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the simple fact is this will be one of everyone's throw out rounds for the series so let's support the remaining races!the other unfortunate part about this whole thing is there was no support as far as pre entries if the racers expect these races to go on signing up and pre paying allows the event manager to plan and purchase the needed things for the race this takes thousands to get all this and with only nine pre paid entries on where to race I would not start spending. The racers need to take a look at themselves on this one! also if you can sign up and pay early remember that is helping for the shirts,trophies,generators,porta cans,permitting,etc,etc not just padding someones pocket. unfortunatley if this was my race the plug would have been pulled too.......
Old 07-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asmazure View Post
the simple fact is this will be one of everyone's throw out rounds for the series so let's support the remaining races!the other unfortunate part about this whole thing is there was no support as far as pre entries if the racers expect these races to go on signing up and pre paying allows the event manager to plan and purchase the needed things for the race this takes thousands to get all this and with only nine pre paid entries on where to race I would not start spending. The racers need to take a look at themselves on this one! also if you can sign up and pay early remember that is helping for the shirts,trophies,generators,porta cans,permitting,etc,etc not just padding someones pocket. unfortunatley if this was my race the plug would have been pulled too.......
Ummm look in the mirror didn't see you signed up anywhere!!!! Sorry Shannon have to mess with ya a little
Old 07-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Brian.....always can count on you!...at least to bust my bawls hahaha
the fact of the matter is i was not going anyway. 4 kids and the racing have not been a good mix lately!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asmazure View Post
We had a low entry count going into the weekend of round #3 in Burlington, we NEVER thought about pulling the plug just because of entry count being down a little. We just held our breath, stayed with the plan of putting on the best race we could and waited for the racers to show up. We got 160 entries and a pretty smooth weekend. If no one signs up early, oh well they don't get a t-shirt the race goes on!

I'm not saying thats what happened with The Summer Rage, I'll take Tim at his word that they had problems with the land owner and the county. It may not be a fair statement to say this could be the racers fault for not signing up early, and yes I did sign up and pay early.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post

Please don`t blame Rise for not going forward to help us.

After the bashing Rise has taken from those special few ....
+1 On that ..
Old 07-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

slidejob you are right this was not just because of a lack of early entries,I know there were other reasons but my opinion is with only 9 prepaid entries i would be getting worried.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The problem with counting this one as a drop, is that many of us planned our summers and drops ahead of time, and were counting on making the last three rounds for points. Unless the NCT wants to count three out of five rounds instead of four out of six, I suspect that there will be people who bag the rest of the year's NCT races.
And with 4 out of 5 events where they are located, it could be renamed the EWCT
with a hint of but these are toy cars so mostly
Old 07-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+2 on that.
Somebody slap me for agreeing with George on something.
It isn't up to RISE though, I don't think a track can simply volunteer to take an NCT round, though that is the obvious solution. RISE very well may have offered, I spoke a bit with Shawn about it but don't know. After all the Dramatech with RISE, I don't blame them one bit for not discussing the matter on here!
I am not sure how the NCT works, but I am confident that those in charge are working hard to get it figured out.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+3
Old 07-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Legend

I pm Mike @ Rise last night...

Don`t think Rise is not concerned , he`s whats to help but Tim & Greg have not even ask him ...

My advise to everyone is support the Roar regional and let the NCT COM figure out what to do...
Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

This is really a shame

I personaly can attest to the $2500 fine being assesed , and I believe, was prior to Clint & I's Final Race last year.
Clint and the Owner where confident they would get it work out through the State Senate....
But the owner is a different type of guy. He had a HUGE mud bog and hosed up his neighbors paved access, and refused to fix it for months.. that is why this all started 2 winters ago. Too bad he had a GOLD mine their if he would have acted correctly. personal property is a tuff one for a businesss like this, I know

I am sure Clint and Tim did all they could to try and solve the issue. I heard the fines where well over $4000

Tim has always been great for the RC Community, so please dont slander him and assume things you just dont know about.

This is an unfortunate situation to say the least... Been there almost done that as well

RC Racing has been directly effected by this lovely economy we are all dealing with.

Sales are down
RC Turnouts are very lowe in a lot of areas
People want to stay home instead of driving to races

Bottom Line.... Support your local racing scene, Support the NCT and the decision they make on this event. If this is the only hickup the NCT has, count yer blessing that you still have the NCT

Stav
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe this round should move to Stav's new home track...I bet they could put a race like this together in two weeks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.