Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!* >

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

So you guys make a lot of good points. Although very gracious offers and ideas form tri cities and Walla Walla it makes me very nervous to try and coordinate an NCT race over the phone as well as trying to direct volunteeers for a track that I am not extremely familiar with. It also changes things for the local racers who weren't planning on travel and lodging expenses for Round #4. I am more familiar with springfield but being 2 hours south it still provides the same expense issues and an additional 2 hours for a majority of the racers comming from the north.
We all must remember the process that each host has gone through to secure their own round of the NCT, sometimes waiting a year or more and even preparing proposals and resumes for the racing facility! Any new hosts must be the decision of the host commitee.
As far as Rise is concerned. This is a very tough situation. I have always tried to stay out of the politics of the hobby I think they always have a way of ruining good things and this is a perfect example. Rise is a logical solution to this situation but because of the details surrounding his startup this year a lot of my key players will not have anything to do with the track. I do not want any guys who have been supportive to my racing programs over the last 8 years to be left out in the cold over this.
The best thing might be to set another date in September giving the host commitee a chance to entertain alternate locations and/or hosts.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyrcguy
Rise is a logical solution to this situation but because of the details surrounding his startup this year a lot of my key players will not have anything to do with the track. I do not want any guys who have been supportive to my racing programs over the last 8 years to be left out in the cold over this.
They are not being left out in the cold, they are choosing to be left out in the cold over politics

Sorry, but there comes a point where you suck it up, build a bridge and just get over it, Rise started out wrong, however none of us have been out there to race so we cannot judge their program based on someones attitude.

If its at Rise RC, it does not mean they need to actually run the race, Brian Phillips can run the event.

Even Monty says Rise should have it and he has had the biggest complaints about Rise, not sure he would go, but again you just need to step up and get over it, doesn't mean you need to hang out with the guy, we just want a place to race.

Only reason I say Rise is because its in the same area and is less of an impact for the racers and political views should be set a side.

I would hate to see Round 4 canceled due to 8 - 10 people have a beef with Rise, but what about the other 150 racers, shouldn't they have a round to race as planned?

To step up and put your name on Round 4 and then 2 weeks prior cancel it, then to say I do not want Rise to have it, well sorry Tim, love ya man but that's about as political as it gets. I am not a big fan of Rise either but personally I will put my views aside and go there to race if that's where Round #4 is.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by houston

i say if rise rc thinks they can handle it then it should happen there.

dont think they could but you never know
Thats why the hosts should let them do it with a stipulation that an experienced race director must direct the event.

regardless of having to prove yourself to get into the NCT, we are suppose to have a round to race in 2 weeks, so there needs to be an exception made to please the racers and keep the points moving.

If they get it, you gonna go big guy?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

I mailed-in my race info and payment check. Can you please send it back to the return address on the letter? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At this point I would like a refund on my entry fee and I will send it to the boys in Lewiston. I think round #4 is history, time to look forward to the Great Snake Shoot-Out.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

I've been on the rise track. Layout isn't great in my opinion.
Blind 40 foot triple on the left where the landing is back of track,
Euro "S" turns,
two 200' straights,
Just no love and yes this is just one guys opinion

Point is if your use to really technical tracks or just tracks with love it won't be the same.

SUCKS.... Summer Rage is always a blast
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tim, what was the fines for? and why did the fines come a year later?

Torry
Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by I B RACIN
Tim, what was the fines for? and why did the fines come a year later?

Torry
I don't know the exact details because fortunately I am not the one holding the bill. The inital fines surrounded the driver's stand and land use, that was at the end of last season. The fines never got paid and requests of the county to take down the driver's stand were ignored by the landowner. So a few weeks ago he got additional fines, interest, and penalties!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rube
Thats why the hosts should let them do it with a stipulation that an experienced race director must direct the event.

regardless of having to prove yourself to get into the NCT, we are suppose to have a round to race in 2 weeks, so there needs to be an exception made to please the racers and keep the points moving.

If they get it, you gonna go big guy?
i am refering to the dirt work and layout that they would have a tuff time with .

the directing would be up to the nct to provide

i am sure mike shawn hudson is reading and not sure what to say about it
Old 07-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i am refering to the dirt work and layout that they would have a tuff time with .

the directing would be up to the nct to provide

i am sure mike shawn hudson is reading and not sure what to say about it
Old 07-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SO if you were planning on making the last 4 rounds for NCT points, then this puts a damper on things...any of those people would be out of the series points this year.

I hope something can be worked out...It's nice to only drive 2 hours for a change instead of 6-8 hours!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This is not good for anyone involved!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rube
They are not being left out in the cold, they are choosing to be left out in the cold over politics

Sorry, but there comes a point where you suck it up, build a bridge and just get over it, Rise started out wrong, however none of us have been out there to race so we cannot judge their program based on someones attitude.

If its at Rise RC, it does not mean they need to actually run the race, Brian Phillips can run the event.

Even Monty says Rise should have it and he has had the biggest complaints about Rise, not sure he would go, but again you just need to step up and get over it, doesn't mean you need to hang out with the guy, we just want a place to race.

Only reason I say Rise is because its in the same area and is less of an impact for the racers and political views should be set a side.

I would hate to see Round 4 canceled due to 8 - 10 people have a beef with Rise, but what about the other 150 racers, shouldn't they have a round to race as planned?

To step up and put your name on Round 4 and then 2 weeks prior cancel it, then to say I do not want Rise to have it, well sorry Tim, love ya man but that's about as political as it gets. I am not a big fan of Rise either but personally I will put my views aside and go there to race if that's where Round #4 is.
i applaud you sir.

and you have no idea how hard it is for me not to post a picture of the waffle.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by skypilot
i applaud you sir.

and you have no idea how hard it is for me not to post a picture of the waffle.
Of the waffle huh, not sure what that means, but ok
Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Attached Thumbnails *! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*-eggo_chase.gif  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.