Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!* >

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

*! IMPORTANT SUMMER RAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!*

Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 PM
  #136  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

I`ll bet after not having a #4 the #5 attendance could be even better, rather than worst....
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 PM
  #137  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Poweredbysbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,403
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asmazure
With the points series a 4 out of 6 the best way will be having the throwout round be this one, if this goes to 3 out of 5 more racers have no reason to attend any more races.the idea behind having the last two count as points is to generate interest and excitement over the last two races instead of "well I raced three I'm done".We are already in preperation for the NCT finals in Pasco and hope to see many racers there it would be a shame to see only 50 racers show up for the last two because they think it means nothing.
Agreed 4 out of 6 is the best... However it appears that we aren't going to have a 6 race season. I'll let you in on a little secret. Ok don't tell anyone... The Summer Rage is canceled!!! So that makes a 5 race series this year...
Poweredbysbc is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
  #138  
Suspended
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Corey - Sorry to hear about your pay cut, you are the 6th person I know in the auto field that has taken a huge cut like that, my Wife's step dad took a 40% cut as a service adviser.

Thanks for clearing it all up and yeah you have always made the rage and hopefully we will see you at the next event, along with that old guy
Rube is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
  #139  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Devilmanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asmazure
With the points series a 4 out of 6 the best way will be having the throwout round be this one, if this goes to 3 out of 5 more racers have no reason to attend any more races.the idea behind having the last two count as points is to generate interest and excitement over the last two races instead of "well I raced three I'm done".We are already in preperation for the NCT finals in Pasco and hope to see many racers there it would be a shame to see only 50 racers show up for the last two because they think it means nothing.
I disagree. There are more than a few who planned their summers and races ahead of time, and needed the last three rounds to be in the points. If I am out of the points in all my classes because a race was canceled, I will bag the NCT this year and use that money to travel to other races.
Normal years I wouldn't care as much, but I missed the ones I missed for my new baby, and she comes first. So in light of that and a posted NCT schedule, my summer was planned with my wife taking time off work for races and babysitters lined up for months to come. Unfortunately, I made commitments and promises to sponsors that included points results for the NCT this year, and it sucks that I have to go back on promises because of circumstances out of my control.
Those that have not made two rounds yet are going to want one thing, those that have two in already are going to want another. Unfortunately, the Rage has typically have the lowest turnout so a lot of guys counted it as a drop already. That is really too bad for those of us on the SW side who have had to travel 3-8 hours for every other NCT.
Devilmanak is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 PM
  #140  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
i1justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

guess its time to move on.... lets get the Great Snake posted on Wheretorace

Last edited by i1justin; 07-27-2009 at 03:16 PM.
i1justin is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:37 PM
  #141  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
asmazure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kennewick washington
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Devilmanak
I disagree. There are more than a few who planned their summers and races ahead of time, and needed the last three rounds to be in the points. If I am out of the points in all my classes because a race was canceled, I will bag the NCT this year and use that money to travel to other races.
Normal years I wouldn't care as much, but I missed the ones I missed for my new baby, and she comes first. So in light of that and a posted NCT schedule, my summer was planned with my wife taking time off work for races and babysitters lined up for months to come. Unfortunately, I made commitments and promises to sponsors that included points results for the NCT this year, and it sucks that I have to go back on promises because of circumstances out of my control.
Those that have not made two rounds yet are going to want one thing, those that have two in already are going to want another. Unfortunately, the Rage has typically have the lowest turnout so a lot of guys counted it as a drop already. That is really too bad for those of us on the SW side who have had to travel 3-8 hours for every other NCT.
Chris,you are right there is no winner here as far as the points and NCT goes
it seems to be a no win situation no matter what.Hopefully I will see you at the last two races.Remember do not plan ahead! with the new little girl she is the schedule maker now!(trust me i have 4)
asmazure is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:50 PM
  #142  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Best thing for the NCT COM to do NOW is insuring #5 is not affected and the NCT goes on to Pasco's Final...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:51 PM
  #143  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
asmazure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kennewick washington
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The ruling was made that it will be 4-races counting towards points.Three have been run. If you are in it for the points, hope to see everyone at the last 2

there are some great awards from Pro-Line,Upgrade,Xray.for the end of the season!
remember the top unsponsored driver in 1/8th truck and buggy will be offered a deal with Xray

the top three unsponsored 1/8th drivers will get gift certificates from Pro-Line
150...first
100...second
50.....third
asmazure is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
  #144  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
slidejob26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: skid row woolley
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asmazure
The ruling was made that it will be 4-races counting towards points.Three have been run. If you are in it for the points, hope to see everyone at the last 2

there are some great awards from Pro-Line,Upgrade,Xray.for the end of the season!
remember the top unsponsored driver in 1/8th truck and buggy will be offered a deal with Xray

the top three unsponsored 1/8th drivers will get gift certificates from Pro-Line
150...first
100...second
50.....third
Thank you Shannon, now we can just focus on Lewiston and Pasco. The NCT is a killer series, lets get signed up for The Great Snake Shoot-Out and get back to racing in the nations largest regional series!
slidejob26 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:22 PM
  #145  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Devilmanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

xxxxxxx
Devilmanak is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:24 PM
  #146  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Poweredbysbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,403
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asmazure
The ruling was made that it will be 4-races counting towards points.Three have been run. If you are in it for the points, hope to see everyone at the last 2

there are some great awards from Pro-Line,Upgrade,Xray.for the end of the season!
remember the top unsponsored driver in 1/8th truck and buggy will be offered a deal with Xray

the top three unsponsored 1/8th drivers will get gift certificates from Pro-Line
150...first
100...second
50.....third
Count me out now... This in my opinion has made it so whatever turn out needed to go to Clarkson and the final will now not go. If say a guy like me needed and was going to the last three will now not be able to finish. This decision only promotes people who went to the first three rounds. The Schedule was posted and people made plans for it. Now this makes those worthless. If you make it 3 of 5 the sponsors will not only get the current exposure (wich is all that they will get by this decision) but the people who had only entered one race so far.
Poweredbysbc is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
  #147  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,844
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

this really blows , i planned on doing wenatchee , burlington , canby and pasco

cant make lewiston and now out of any points

what happened to the double points final possibility ? nevermind

Last edited by houston; 07-27-2009 at 06:48 PM.
houston is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM
  #148  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Munn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The decesion of best 4 out of 5 does not affect me since i plan to do lewiston and did the first 3 races, and i might do the finals.... maybe other plans waiting to see. But i do think that best 3 out of 5 makes more sence for the people who did plan to do the last 4 or who have only made 1 race so far. But it is what it is and i still plan on going to the race
Munn42 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:31 PM
  #149  
Suspended
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Why not let Area 52 hold a race and count it as a bonus point round, specially for those that have only done 1 race to date.

They have the place and the knowledge to run a big race, I am down to run it how it is, its the same for everyone!

It can be a points only race, no shirts, no awards and lower the entry fee.

When do the racers have some input, seriously?
Rube is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:36 PM
  #150  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Munn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rube
Why not let Area 52 hold a race and count it as a bonus point round, specially for those that have only done 1 race to date.

They have the place and the knowledge to run a big race, I am down to run it how it is, its the same for everyone!

It can be a points only race, no shirts, no awards and lower the entry fee.

When do the racers have some input, seriously?
I dont know how that would work out but i can say i would be there
Munn42 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.