Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships >

ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships

ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships

Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I am sure a lot of you are driving but who won?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fantastic race. Doc,Bob, Jeremy and Casey put on a wonderful event. Just a big ol' pile of laughs and nothing lacking except racers. But we who were there din't care, having too much fun.

The track was vast and interesting, having the balls to the wall speed section and a very intricate technical chunk that required extreeeeem balance. Surface was clean with not too bad tyre wear.

11 1/8th scale and 7 1/10th scale was the total entry. Anywhere else and that would have been boring. But not this w/end. There was a lot of struggle getting cars set up to take the blistering speed the track was capable of providing, so there was some 'repair bills'

TZ Richard TQd and won 1/8th with Andy Wells hot on his heels for 25 minutes til his car took flight and gained a massive body tuck. Richard drove a flawless race, most lost 0.5 second dinging a flapper a bit seriously. Rick pulled off 3rd. By end of race, that was the only cars still running. Clayton was 4th I think.......

1/10th scale had me TQ over Casey then Tom C. 6 minutes before warm up, I saw a glitch on my radio, thought it needed binding only to have it come back to life. This problem accounted for a weird journey to the boards on the last tune up run. So my car was a dangerous piece of equipment that was really fast when connected radiophonically. It took 2 laps before the problem grew and 6 laps before it took a side trip of its own and ploughed the wheels off the left side. Car didn't work too well after that so I retired !! Mike Godson in the mean time did battle with Casey each having technical episodes that had em pitted a couple of time. Mike won by a lap and is now Region 11 1/10th scale Nitro champ !! Great race Mike...........Casey 2nd, Tom 3rd, me 4th !!

Really hope this club survives to do this again next year. Seems strange that there can be a beautiful track set up permanently thru the summer and there is no support from local racers..........

Jacko
Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
11 1/8th scale and 7 1/10th scale was the total entry. Anywhere else and that would have been boring. But not this w/end. There was a lot of struggle getting cars set up to take the blistering speed the track was capable of providing, so there was some 'repair bills'
repair bills? anyone have the end of straight click of doom?
Old 08-31-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default You Guy's Missed Out!

Thank's for the race report Jacko. I believe you captured the action, but may have left out what a great race weekend this was. We all ate steak every night courtesy of TZ and URCAR, were treated to very professional race comentary/direction, and had a huge world class track. Doc Holiday and crew are to be commended for their effort.

If you ever get another chance to attend a Spokane event, jump on it. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats Mike & Richard! Mike has to be grinning ear to ear! Richard has been wicked fast in 8th scale all year. Sounds like Andy had the heat on high, too. I am sorry that I missed this event. I am working full speed at the shop in prep's for IIC. See you all soon.
Brian
Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what a weekend!!!!!
Congrats to Richard and Mike for your wins!!!
hope everyone enjoyed themselves!

one little screw cost me the win LOL oh well next time!!

I know I had a blast!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
what a weekend!!!!!
Congrats to Richard and Mike for your wins!!!
hope everyone enjoyed themselves!

one little screw cost me the win LOL oh well next time!!

I know I had a blast!!!
Only after I had one little wire snap buddy boy.................!!

Jacko
Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Only after I had one little wire snap buddy boy.................!!

Jacko
LOL
you were Fast Jacko!! you seem to take some of my bad Qualifer luck into the main with you tho LOL
Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Oh happy moments this evening, quietly going over the carnage that is my car. Forensix led me to a dry joint on the positive terminal of the Traxxas battery pack dammit. Then review of the destruction makes me have great faith in Mugen's design capabilities.

Along with the mechanicals, were the memories of the w/end . It really was thrilling racing. Makes me more inclined to focus on equipment and avoiding the malfunction. I learn so much at races like Spokane.

Thanks to all of you.

Jacko
Old 08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

yes thanks to Doc and his crew you guys worked your asses off. That was one of the funnest races I've ever been to, and man that track I got the straight at 250 plus feet down a little hill and the whole track at 360 or so feet that is a guesstimate. Nice job Mr president (Mike Godson) a great win for you, and nice wire to wire win Richard,I will be back to try another time also way to go Rick and Mark 3rd and 4th, I think I can safely say we all had a great time thanks again. Andy
Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Congrats to Mike And Richard. I also would like to thank Doc, Bob and Casey for all there hard weok getting the track ready for the race and also big thanks to Doc for letting me run 1 of his 1/8 scales this weekend it was a blast had fun running it just wish I had drivin one before friday night.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Great weekend of racing. Congratulations to the winners Mike Godson in gas sedan and Richard St. Cyr in 1/8th scale. They were well-deserved.

Thanks to Doc, Bob, Casey, and Jeremy. Your dedication to your program made a fantastic race weekend for all. I hope your club grows and you can have a successful race program throughout the summer of 2010.

Chevron - Great job on the mic and directing the races. With Jacko's new $h!t kickers, he was calling himself "BP".

Rick and Reed, thanks for all the pit help.

Pat, there's nothing like a nitro car, huh? Especially an 1/8th scale!!!

Richard and Andy, the first 5 minutes of the 1/8th scale main was the best racing I've ever been in. Unfortunately, an engine failure claimed my race. As you can see in the pictures, the piston skirt on the exhaust side broke off. Half of it was in the bottom of the engine case. The rest was scattered around on the sleeve.
Attached Thumbnails ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-piston-exhaust-1.jpg   ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-piston-exhaust-2.jpg   ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-sleeve.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

I also wanted to say thanks to Doc and his crew for all thier hard work to put this event on. was an amazing layout with supper smooth and fast asphault. It had been a long time since we had raced on Doc's side of the hills, and would have just hoped more folks would have supported this club's only big race of the year

Thanks again guys
Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the kind words guys! You guys are all class acts, and all champions in your own rights. It was my sincere hope that everyone would have a great time, and from the sound of things, we succeeded.

Congrats to Mike and Richard on their well deserved wins......two great champions!! Congrats to all for surviving the weekend. I hope your parts bills aren't too high.

Andy, the track isn't quite as large as you make it out to be. Just think, we could have made it another 50' longer for you! I tried to provide a nationals caliber track............fast, yet challenging and with something for everyone. It just ended up a bit larger than what you guys are accustomed to.

We made a very last minute purchase of traction compound for this race.
It was untried, so I was very nervous about it's use. Needless to say, I am quite pleased with the results!!! It's called Lane Choice, produced by VP Products. I believe the bite was outstanding - better than VHT, and at half the cost. We sprayed about half the product as well, further reducing the cost.

We're planning a memorial race for 2010, so stay tuned for more info.
I'll work harder on the crowd control for that one Mark!

Once again, thanks!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

a few shots
Attached Thumbnails ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-img_6455.jpg   ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-img_5975.jpg   ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-img_5981.jpg   ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-img_6443.jpg   ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships-img_6454.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.