Alaska Hobby Shops

Old 06-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Alaska Hobby Shops

What and where are the hobby shops/tracks in Anchorage, Alaska. I might be movin up to alaska in the next couple months and was wonderin if theirs a RC scene (I HOPE SO)
Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wondered that too being it can be dark and cold all day......you'd think with all the dudes up there ther would be a off the chain rc scene but never seen anything.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You need to check with Chris DeWinter, I think he knows the scene up there pretty well Devilmanak on here.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slidejob26 View Post
You need to check with Chris DeWinter, I think he knows the scene up there pretty well Devilmanak on here.
True dat.
Anchorage House of Hobbies, call and speak to Ryan. (One of the owners.) He is tight with the club and would be happy to hook you up with info. 907-277-7778
Also, the club has a forum.
http://www.aroararacing.org/forum/
There is another track in Soldotna, about 3 hours away, next door to another shop, Arctic Motorsports.
Don't expect too much as far as turnout if you are used to racing around here, they get pretty excited if they have any B mains.
As for shops in Anchorage, there is Anchorage House of Hobbies and a "mall hobby shop" in the Dimond Center, but they are very limited on products and stock zero parts.