R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   Four Seasons R/C BIATHLON - 5/30/09 - 3rd Annual (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/290193-four-seasons-r-c-biathlon-5-30-09-3rd-annual.html)

bshookup 04-15-2009 08:58 AM

Four Seasons R/C BIATHLON - 5/30/09 - 3rd Annual

2009 FOUR SEASONS R/C BIATHLON

It’s that time of year again. Its time for one of the Northwest’s most unique RC events, the 2009 Four Season’s R/C Raceway Biathlon. Four Seasons has both an indoor off road track and outdoor asphalt on road track, and every summer we get a little crazy and run them both on the same day. The winner can claim the title of Northwest’s best all-around driver!

Here’s how it works: We run three rounds of heads up races on the off road track and three rounds of heads up on road races. Racers accumulate points based on finishing position with one throw out, and the racers with the most points win.

CLASSES:

Sedan
  • On Road = 4wd sedan - 13.5 motor
  • Off Road = 2wd buggy or truck - 13.5 motor
Slash
  • On Road = Slash Spec.
  • Off Road = Slash Spec.
SC 10
  • On Road = Assoc. SC 10 or Mod. Slash - any motor
  • Off Road = Assoc. SC 10 or Mod. Slash - any motor
WGT
  • On Road = WGT: 4 cell - 13.5, Lipo - 21.5, or Lipo - Silver Can
F1
  • On Road = Tamiya F103 - Silver Can
Outlaw / Novice
  • Any 1/10 Scale Electric Vehicle
  • Any 1/10 Scale Electric Vehicle

So, if you sign up for the 13.5 sedan / 2wd buggy-truck class, you will run your buggy or truck for 3 heads up races off road and also run 3 heads up races on road with your 13.5 sedan. (There will be plenty of time to switch motors between cars/truck if you only own one 13.5). If you sign up for the Slash class you will run your Slash on both the off road and on road track. Can you imagine 10 Slashes battling door to door on the on road track? (The Four Season’s clean tire rule will be strictly enforced on the on road track).

Order: We will run two rounds of off road, and then we’ll head outside and run two rounds of on road. Next, we will run one more round of off road inside and finish the day with the final round outside on the on road track. Starting position will be randomly assigned for each round.

Saturday May 30th

Track opens at 10:00
Racing starts at 12:00

Four Seasons R/C Raceway
2941 Sleater Kinney Rd. NE in Olympia
(306) 491-2430

P.S. Off road layout change for the event!

P.S.S. You can find a flyer on page 5 of this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...-annual-5.html

teambighead 04-15-2009 04:39 PM

Does 13.5 mean that a 19t brushed motor is legal? Or is it brushless only?

bshookup 04-15-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by teambighead (Post 5689293)

Thanks for the clarification. 13.5 is intended to mean 13.5 brushless only. Everyone is welcome to run a slower motor such as 27 turn brushed with bearings or 17.5 brushless, but no 19 turn. If this is going to prevent anyone from participating, PM me and we'll work to line up some equipment for you.

13.5 was the biggest class last year and is a ton of fun on both tracks.

jubilee 04-15-2009 06:39 PM

This was a flippin' blast last year...Dave and I ran novice because all we had were stadium trucks on the asphalt. A total gong show, but super fun nonetheless. Would be really cool to see some of the quick draws battle it out on and off road! Pretty sure I'm in again this year...:nod:

loriding69 04-15-2009 07:42 PM

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO its on now!

jwg191 04-15-2009 07:50 PM

Sounds like fun. I was woundering if I could run a b44 on the on road track or would I have to run novice. I do not have a sedan but might want to be in the race. Some thing to think about.:)

skypilot 04-15-2009 09:47 PM

weekend after the reedy, not sure if i can make it,

bshookup 04-16-2009 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by jwg191 (Post 5690254)
Sounds like fun. I was woundering if I could run a b44 on the on road track or would I have to run novice. I do not have a sedan but might want to be in the race. Some thing to think about.:)

We would rather not mix classes on the on road track. Maybe it is time to pick up a used sedan for the season :nod: There is a strong tradition of loaning out cars for this race, so if you put the word out, I bet someone would loan a roller to you for the day. Hope you decide to come out and play.

Originally Posted by skypilot (Post 5690862)
weekend after the reedy, not sure if i can make it,

What!? the Reedy Race is the official Biathlon Warm Up Race!

Ex-Champ 04-16-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by loriding69 (Post 5690206)
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO its on now!

Bring it on brotha!!

jwg191 04-16-2009 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=bshookup;5691827]We would rather not mix classes on the on road track. Maybe it is time to pick up a used sedan for the season :nod: There is a strong tradition of loaning out cars for this race, so if you put the word out, I bet someone would loan a roller to you for the day. Hope you decide to come out and play.

I would like to buy a sedan but I have little money to spend on another class. Just an idea for having some fun. I think it would be cool to see a bunch of 4wd buggies tear up on the on road track.:)

skypilot 04-16-2009 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by bshookup (Post 5691827)
We would rather not mix classes on the on road track. Maybe it is time to pick up a used sedan for the season :nod: There is a strong tradition of loaning out cars for this race, so if you put the word out, I bet someone would loan a roller to you for the day. Hope you decide to come out and play.

What!? the Reedy Race is the official Biathlon Warm Up Race!

maybe i should bring back a few pros from the invite class.

have you seen the list, its like, dang gena. theres gonna be some serious big names there.

jtveten 04-17-2009 08:40 AM

I have a Losi XXX Graphite Plus roller, and a blue with white racing stripes vintage body you can have for $100.00. I completely went through it and replaced bearings, rebuilt diffs, belt, spur gear, etc. ran it twice in the trans am class. Very good and durable on road car. I'll bring it with me this Saturday if you, or anyone else is interested. If anyone needs a good lipo batt I have 2 TrackPower 4900's I'll sell for $60.00 each or both for $100.00.

[quote=jwg191;5694275]

Originally Posted by bshookup (Post 5691827)

I would like to buy a sedan but I have little money to spend on another class. Just an idea for having some fun. I think it would be cool to see a bunch of 4wd buggies tear up on the on road track.:)

loriding69 04-17-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ex-Champ (Post 5694088)
Bring it on brotha!!

:lol:
Oh yeah!

Maybell 04-17-2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by teambighead (Post 5689293)

Bighead running onroad!!??:weird:

EVERYONE BRING YOUR SHINGUARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::ha:

jtveten 04-17-2009 12:37 PM

Forget the shinguards, better wear a cup!:nod::nod: