Daves R/C Tracks    Hubbard,OR >

Daves R/C Tracks Hubbard,OR

Like Tree4Likes

Daves R/C Tracks Hubbard,OR

Old 07-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldguyzrule
A few pic's from today's action..........................

http://picasaweb.google.com/klcrouse2/DaveS7509#
Very nice pic's once again. Unbelievable quality. See you next time.

My wife would like to know what lens you have? Give me a PM when you get a chance.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

hey everyone, sorry I missed another one, looks like Jeff and Todd Powell had a couple good battles.

hope to see you all soon ...
Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for hosting us out of towners. We had a great time, and we already making plans to come back on our drive home. A real top notch facility, you all are lucky to have something like that, especially outdoors!

I took some pictures as well, but didn't get to take as many as I had hoped during racing on Sunday. They can all be seen here.

Here are a few:

Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the pictures guys. Nice of Ken to stop by and take some pictures, maybe the next time he comes out he will have a controller in his hand.

Dave
Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wed

HELLO All
OK any information on putting together a crew for a track change on wed. I might be able to make if I have any information on when and time.
I would do what I can in helping . DON
Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

What time is everyone going to be ready to move dirt tomorrow?

In simpler context what time do you want me to show up Dave?
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by REED-T
What time is everyone going to be ready to move dirt tomorrow?

In simpler context what time do you want me to show up Dave?
We will be here all day. Tractor is ready. Put water on the dirt pile today, souhd be good to go.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well if no one makes up their mind then how is anyone supposed to know when to come?!

Since no one else has made a decision, I have decided that the work party will start at 4:00 PM and last until approx 8:00 PM.

Here are my ideas for what track changes would give the most bang for the buck as far as moving dirt. Keep in mind I have never built a track before, so I have no idea what I am doing. I will not be offended if you don't use any of them.

1. Just after the start finish line there is a 180 degree turn and then 3 small bumps. The first 2 are too small to double forward, but it can be done backwards. I suggest we build up the first bump so that it is possible to double these 2 bumps. Then there would be 2 options, taking the corner tight and rolling over them, or taking it wide and doubling.

2. Just before the straightaway starts there is a fairly large jump just before a 180 degree turn to get on the straight. Currently everyone just rolls over this jump to set up for the turn. I think we should add a new jump before this so you can land on the downside of the existing jump. Then downsiding it would set you up well to make that 180 turn quickly, while a sloppy landing would cause you to go wide and lose time.

3. Add a landing ramp after the dropoff - I know this is the planned change but I don't think it will make the track a lot better. That jump is very tricky the way it is, and can be done quickly if you land on the way outside where it is slanted. Currently I think it is difficult but not too difficult. I think this makes it fun even though it isn't all that "smooth".

I work till 5 tomorrow but will call after work, hope to be there by 6...

Derek
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rasheed
well if no one makes up their mind then how is anyone supposed to know when to come?!

Since no one else has made a decision, I have decided that the work party will start at 4:00 PM and last until approx 8:00 PM.

Here are my ideas for what track changes would give the most bang for the buck as far as moving dirt. Keep in mind I have never built a track before, so I have no idea what I am doing. I will not be offended if you don't use any of them.

1. Just after the start finish line there is a 180 degree turn and then 3 small bumps. The first 2 are too small to double forward, but it can be done backwards. I suggest we build up the first bump so that it is possible to double these 2 bumps. Then there would be 2 options, taking the corner tight and rolling over them, or taking it wide and doubling.

2. Just before the straightaway starts there is a fairly large jump just before a 180 degree turn to get on the straight. Currently everyone just rolls over this jump to set up for the turn. I think we should add a new jump before this so you can land on the downside of the existing jump. Then downsiding it would set you up well to make that 180 turn quickly, while a sloppy landing would cause you to go wide and lose time.

3. Add a landing ramp after the dropoff - I know this is the planned change but I don't think it will make the track a lot better. That jump is very tricky the way it is, and can be done quickly if you land on the way outside where it is slanted. Currently I think it is difficult but not too difficult. I think this makes it fun even though it isn't all that "smooth".

I work till 5 tomorrow but will call after work, hope to be there by 6...

Derek
Way to take the initiative Derek. I like your ideas on the track changes. Of course I have never built a track either.

I had a thought on the track layout. I think we should add dirt to the turn where we start every race. The one leading into the large jump on the right side of the track. Bank the corner higher and start the banking sooner so poeople can see the entry into the corner easier and it might provide enough momentum to make the downside of the big jump.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vwjuice
Way to take the initiative Derek. I like your ideas on the track changes. Of course I have never built a track either.

I had a thought on the track layout. I think we should add dirt to the turn where we start every race. The one leading into the large jump on the right side of the track. Bank the corner higher and start the banking sooner so poeople can see the entry into the corner easier and it might provide enough momentum to make the downside of the big jump.
I think that that big jump into the wind on the right side of the track should just be turned into a giant banked corner around that end of the track. Not just a berm but an actual banked corner. This along with Dave E.'s Ideas he already has, could make for a pretty cool track. JMO
Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I will see if I can make it after work. Traffic might not let that happen.

Watching the 2009 Nats track they have some neat sections that can be done similar at our track. I am a big fan of timing jumps, meaning jumps with downside jumps or jumps that is best to slow down and downside for the next obstacle/turn. Supercross style. The middle of the Nats track had a neat center section like that. The off camber turns looked neat too. I liked what they did on the back straight section also.

What ever gets done it will be great.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Default GOOD MORNING

HELLO Sorry I wont be able to make it tonight for track work, I wanted to but something came up that I have to take care of tonight. DON
Old 07-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rustbucket
HELLO Sorry I wont be able to make it tonight for track work, I wanted to but something came up that I have to take care of tonight. DON
I will be going to the track to help this morning. I have been involved with several track changes and you don't want to start them too late in the day. They always take longer than you might think. See you in a little bit Dave.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry Derek I extended the work party to all day long. Dave will be there and it will give more of a chance for everyone to help out if they can.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by REED-T
I will be going to the track to help this morning. I have been involved with several track changes and you don't want to start them too late in the day. They always take longer than you might think. See you in a little bit Dave.
Thanks Terry - Ditto that - starting to late with this type of dirt and the unknown could be disasterous. Lets start with small changes to see how the dirt settles and packs in. A lot of good ideas though that could play into later changes and/or next years layout. See you in a few - headed to the store to pick up some supplies be back around 10:00.

Annette

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.