Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Schedule updated
Download here---> http://www.tricitiesrc.com/php/media/revisedschedule.pdf

Old 06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Default Club Race #4 Results

Well Club race #4 is in the books! Actually it finished about 2 weeks ago but again I have been lazy in getting the write-ups finished. I need to get reporters for each class to give a synopsis haha. With graduations and fight night the same day we expected lower turnouts but we were wrong. Way to go guys another 50+ entry day. The weather did not hang on long enough for us to squeeze in the Double A for electrics but we had some great racing all day. Congrats to the Podium Finishers! And be sure to check out how the series points are shaping up!

SPEC SLASH

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jesse Howell
3)Greg Anderson

10th 4WD Buggy

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jade Russell
3)Jason Walters

2WD TRUCK

1)Justin Wilde
2)Rob Howe
3)Victor Sandoval

MOD SHORT COURSE TRK

1) Jesse Howell
2) Kelly Hill
3) Mike Malloy

8TH SCALE TRUCK

1) Darren Shank
2) Gar Matthews
3) Emilio Gonzales

10TH GAS TRUCK

1) Kason Russell
2) Dave Robinson

8TH SCALE BUGGY

1) Darren Shank
2) Jade Russell
3) Victor Sandoval

All the PDFs from all heats on Saturday can be found at 6/6/09 Results

SPEC SLASH

This class continues to be one of the most competitive out there. 3 Drivers qualified in blistering 9 lap paces. The A-main saw Justin Wilde get out front early but Jesse Howell was tired of being the bridesmaid in the Slash race and caught Justin a few laps in. Jesse was able to take big risks on the large jumps and was all over the back of the leader. A bobble in the back section of the track by Jesse allowed Justin to pull away and hold on for the Slash Win.

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jesse Howell
3)Greg Anderson

Full Results of Slash Main

10th 4WD Buggy
The largest turnout yet for 4WD buggy saw 7 cars qualify. Thermal issues plagued a few drivers all day and led to a main of 4 cars, with TQ Jade Russell Leading the way. The first few laps was a back and forth battle between the top two drivers with Justin Wilde leading after 1 lap then Jade leading after two. On the third lap Justin got back around and never looked back taking the A main victory and sharing 100 pts on the day with Jade who finished second. The summer series is separated by 1 pt as Jade leads the way and Justin followed a close second.

1)Justin Wilde
2)Jade Russell
3)Jason Walters

Full Results of 4WD Buggy

2WD TRUCK
Back to business as usual with the 2wd truck class and 10 entries! Attrition took its toll through qualifying and only 5 cars were able to make the main. TQ Justin Wilde got out to an early 10 sec lead in the first lap and that was all it took as he drove to the victory. Rob Howe drove a fast clean race and the usual stock truck driver drove his way into a second place Mod finish. And a big thanks to Victor who came from Portland area and while visiting family found some time to do some RC racing with us was able to get the podium finish!

1)Justin Wilde
2)Rob Howe
3)Victor Sandoval

Full Results of 2WD Truck

MOD SHORT COURSE TRK
Another 5 vehicle day for Mod SC and another day of great racing! Mike Malloy got out to an early lead after Jesse made a bobble. Mike looking to cap a great day of driving for him as he made his first A main in Slash earlier in the day now was looking to get his first ever win. Jesse and Kelly made that dream fall short though as they were able to get around him with about 2 min to go. Jesse was able to get out ahead of Kelly and hold of a late charge and hang on for his second straight Mod SC win. Kelly Hill’s second place finish keeps him atop the series points for the class but Jesse is closing in.

1) Jesse Howell
2) Kelly Hill
3) Mike Malloy

Full Results of Mod Short Course Trk

8TH SCALE TRUCK
This class looked to be a no go until about 5 min before the start of round #1. Gar Matthews proved in qualifying to be the man to beat as he took the TQ easily. Darren who had not had a running car was able to get on the track for the main and started from the back of the pack and able to battle with Gar for the victory and got out front and drove away. The second place finish puts Gar atop the series standings.
1) Darren Shank
2) Gar Matthews
3) Emilio Gonzales

Full Results of 8th Scale Truck

10TH GAS TRUCK
Well no turnout for Gas truck this week. A monster truck of Dave joined the action for some track time. No points were earned for this as the minimum class of 3 was not met. Kason drove a clean A main to take the victory.
1) Kason Russell
2) Dave Robinson

Full Results of the main->

8TH SCALE BUGGY
This class is filled with some of the best drivers in the area and showed some great action once again. For the first half of the Race it was the Darren and Darren Show. Both Darren Shank and Darren Hill ran 1, 2 for most of the race until Darren Hill ran into some mechanical troubles letting Shank run away and take the A main win. The second place finish for Jade Russell puts him atop the series standings. And again the distance Travel of Victor found himself on the podium in this ultra competitive class.
1) Darren Shank
2) Jade Russell
3) Victor Sandoval

Full Results of the main->
Old 06-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Club Race #5

It is time to race again! Hope everyone had a chance to fix cars and dial them in for this weekend. This will be the 5th Club Race of the year just about to the half way point. I hope everyone has enjoyed the season so far and if you would like to see things during race days let us know we are always open to new ideas that will make racing better. This is the last 1pm race before July and August go 3 hours later to 4pm race days, then September is back to 1pm starts. So lets make this a HUGE turnout! We can make 60 entries guys! something almost unheard of in Tri-Cities club racing. Hobbytown has 1/2 off coupons for first time racers! so if you know someone who is on the fence about coming out have them grab a coupon (will be posted on the forum here as well) and join us. Lets see over 20 slashes again, Over 10 1/8 buggies and over 10 2WD trucks! You will not find cheaper racing in the area at the quality we have been having this year so I hope everyone gets a chance to come out! Just to let everyone know a full day runs about 7hrs but if you can only show up for 1/2 the day come on out anyways, 1/2 day will be still be alot of fun and you wont feel short changed!

RACE #5 Saturday June 20th
SIGNUPS 11AM to 1230PM
FIRST Round of QUAL starts at 1PM
First Class Fee $10
Second Class $5
Third class and more FREE
Old 06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Default 1/2 off for new racers

We are 1/2 way into the season and looking for a few new people who havent experienced race day
Are you reading this wondering if you should come racing! The Answer is YES!
Now is your chance come join us and get half off your first Race FEE!
print this coupon and bring it with you on Saturday June 20th or any following Race Day for half off the First Race Fee.
Are you worried about getting in peoples way and have never raced before DONT BE.
This is club racing we are out to have a good time, plenty of people can help you get you to where you want to be. Dont miss out on this great Year of Racing!
Even if you cant make a full race day (about 7hrs from start to finish) come on out and get your feet wet, you wont be dissapointed!
Attached Thumbnails Tri-Cities Off-Road Racing 2009-coupon.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Friday Night July 3rd

It is Independence Day weekend! With the 4th of July falling on a Saturday, a Saturday that would normally be our race weekend, we are running a special Friday night race on July the 3rd. Racing will Start at 7:00PM but the track will be open most of the day for maintenance and practice. Smaller turnouts are expected due to the holiday weekend and later start time but the events will still head towards a finish near Midnight or slightly later. Electrics will only get 1 main on the night races instead of 2 but in all classes other than SPEC Slash those mains may be 8 min mains. PLEASE be cautious of the weather this weekend, while the sun is shining on us the first part of the day the temperatures may reach 100 degrees, however as the sun drops and falls away the temperatures may drop drastically, PLEASE be prepared for both ends of the spectrum so you can enjoy your night racing with us (some bug spray might not be a bad plan either)

The 2009 Summer Series is up to date CHECK IT OUT

With only 6 races of the 11 counting things could really start shaping up in the next couple of weeks as the "fast guys" start rising to the top.

Come on out and have great Friday night racing under the lights at the Northwest RC complex!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Default July 6th Club Race #6 Results

WOW! So much for the light on entries, 60 ENTRIES means our largest entries to date. Some issues with the scoring by someone (me ops: ) caused the day to run a little slower than anticipated but everyone stuck it out and it proved for some great racing action. Greg Anderson went TQ and win in Slash to be the first to do so besides Justin Wilde all year in slash, great job Greg. Jade Russell was able to lock down his first 8th scale buggy win last night as well Great job by everyone and thanks for the patience!

Final Results PDF HERE
Individual Heats with laps PDF HERE

Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Club Race #7 Saturday July 18th START TIME 4PM

When: Saturday July 18th

Start Time: 4:00PM

Where: Northwest RC Speedway complex Pasco

It is time again club race #7 is on the schedule for this Saturday July 18th at 4:00PM. It looks like the weather will be hot so please be cautious of that but know that when the sun drops out there the temperature drops a long ways as well. Things are really gonna start shaping up in the points series as people begin to use drops (only 6 of 11 needed) to climb the way to the top of the leaderboard. A full day of racing takes about 7 hours +/- 1/2 hour so look for racing to finish by 11:00pm or 1130pm on Saturday. We have had some great turnouts so lets keep it going!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Default Racing Tomorrow

Racing Starting at 4PM tomorrow... Be There!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Great race!! Thanks for all the hard work Justin. And since I beat jim in buggy he didn't have to walk home. Sorry jim had to say that.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default xray

i and lil frogy gal need to get in touch with darren shank asap so we can talk so darren if you read this pm eather of us ok and also anyone going to do the big race in sept.? thank you
Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Howlow
Great race!! Thanks for all the hard work Justin. And since I beat jim in buggy he didn't have to walk home. Sorry jim had to say that.
Thanks JR good to have you guys down. I will get the results posted here soon.

Originally Posted by speedracer1200
i and lil frogy gal need to get in touch with darren shank asap so we can talk so darren if you read this pm eather of us ok and also anyone going to do the big race in sept.? thank you
I will send Darren a text let him know you are trying to get ahold of him. IF you are talking about the NCT in september yes I and a few others will be helping setup the race in sept. If you are talking IIC I believe Darren will be running that but dont "quote" me on that one.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Default Club Race #7 Results

Club Race #7 on July 18th wrapped up with great success! With 49 entries we continue to maintain the average of 50 entries a club race! This is a great oppurtunity to say thank you to all of you, with the racers the club doesnt run, so a big THANK YOU to everyone. Getting starter by 430pm the racing got off to a good start even though the track was dry and a bit loose. As the night went on more water went down and the temperatures began to drop which brought the groove up and traction was dialed for the mains. Slash again carried the day with 21 cars in a battle for the A-Main. A big congratulations is in order for Alex Gauley one of our young kids keeping his composure in the C-Main and along with Jeff Ames bumped up into the B. With week 7 completed that means that only 2 more races on the current layout will take place before the major track overhaul in preparation for the home stretch in September including the NCT Columbia Cup and the Tri-Cities RC club Finale.
Congrats to all the Podium Finishers

Final Results PDF

Link to all individual heat results

Double A results for Electric Class

Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Club Race #8 August 1st

When: Saturday August 1st

Start Time: 4:00PM

Where: Northwest RC Speedway complex Pasco

Another HOT HOT HOT week here in the desert leading into another race weekend. It is time for CLUB RACE #8 at Northwest RC Speedway. Dont let the temperatures scare you off from the great racing action on the track. Plenty of guys have pop ups with room if you dont have a canopy, just ask us and we can squeeze you into the shade. I will try to have a cooler stocked with waters for Free for everyone to stay hydrated. The action in the summer points series seems to be heating up even faster than the temperatures be sure to check the link to the left for the updated points! Be sure to get there by about 3:30pm so we can get you checked in. When the sun goes down the temperatures will as well, be prepared with a light coat or sweatshirt. Also when the lights come on the bugs come out, bring bug spray!

See Everyone SATURDAY!

Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sweatshirts????.....
Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

haha ya i know but its better that someone has something that never leaves the car then standing with teeth chattering because it goes from 102 down to 65

Race on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.