Wiki Posts
Search

Outdoor FREE Slash track in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Windy,dusty fun..

I got there at 4 and "demoed" the berm wall.Ryan was soon behind me and we attacked it-pulled ALL of the plywood and 2X4's and built it up with dirt and then the Chad and Randy show arrived! We used his truck for a dirt hauler and moved a cubic yard to both sides of the NEW BERM!Looks and works super,guys! We were all using it to the extreme and no trucks left the race track over the top. We also faced both doubles,swept and filled holes and used ALL of the water that Chad and Randy brought and my 10 gallons,too.35 total. Patrick ran his Slash a little later. Had a good race between Chad's SC-10 and Ryan's T-4 for quite a few laps. The wind-blown dust was brutal on the eyes. Ryan scooted around 7 and I left soon after. Chad and Randy and ANOTHER new guy closed the track around 9PM,or so. The SC-10 club,I guess. All the tools are back behind the holly tree.The berm wall plywood is stacked behind the bush by the "triple".We may need that for the proposed "table top". .......Paragraph.......OK,the hot tip of the week: Use a finger from a rubber glove to cover the rear shocks-keeps the dirt from fouling the shock shafts......Paragraph........... Ryan and I met the owner of the property,this afternoon.He stopped by in a shiny black Lexus.David. He requested (suggested)that we cover the grafitti on the fence. Free paint and rollers are available from the City of Seattle JUST for that!!!! Find the link and post it,please. Dave.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by R.sok
How big is this track?
I'm assuming I need to gear down really low and bring my timing down on the high kv brushless in order to utilize most of it at this track
search back through the thread. many nice folks have posted pictures of the track, and there are some links to youtube videos too. this will give you a good picture of the track. if i had to guess, i'd say 800 to 1,000 square feet? it's got a double, single, hairpin/berm, single, up hill sweeper, triple, then back to the beginning! too much fun. anyone have the official size?

gear down. i am running an 11t pinion with the stock 60t spur. i tried to go 10t, but it wouldn't fit for some damn reason. probably the poor motor mount.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

After a few blowovers I finaly got the hang of the windy track. Too bad my Stock Slash steering servo stripped otherwise I could have had a much better run and stay'd longer.

I was running the Novak 13.5 with a GTB speedo , Stock gearing and the motor comes off the track at 100deg , After a 15+ min run down at the track yesterday I only had to put 1800mah back into my Orion 3600
Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Damn, sorry I missed you guys. Both of my Slashes are sitting without motors right now since the two I've been running for last month...yep just a month....fried within a couple hours of each other. I need some feedback from you electric heads next time I'm down there. There's something I'm doing, or not doing, that's causing this I think. There's got to be something more I can do to prolong motor life.

How was the owner? No surprise the guy decided to give us a site improvement project even though that graffiti has nothing to do with us. Frankly, it's an eyesore of a lot in the first place and I think the urban art looks cool. It's his property though, whatever. Did anyone ask him if we can tap into the water supply? How about power!

I've left a couple messages for the vet already. He only like to call or return my call when he's got something to complain about of course. I'm going to call him again today. The untouchable entity versus the insatiable pursuer.

John, I like the new avatar. I'm jealous of your new SC10 and can't wait to see you ripping up the track with it. Those trucks look pretty badass.

I might be able to get to the track on Sunday at some point but I'll be at AREA52 all day Saturday for the Puget Sound Fast Boys race #2.

Anybody planning to make it out? Slashers....get out there and fill out the class please! It's a blast!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Titan 12T

Originally Posted by t0adman
Both of my Slashes are sitting without motors right now since the two I've been running for last month...yep just a month....fried within a couple hours of each other. I need some feedback from you electric heads next time I'm down there. There's something I'm doing, or not doing, that's causing this I think. There's got to be something more I can do to prolong motor life.
The folks down at TRCR say that they go through the Titan 12T motors about once every four to six weeks. And those are the guys running them frequently and racing them regularly. Scott also commented that the 12T does not need the extensive break-in like many other motors. Just take it easy for the first few minutes. I do the distilled water thing for my Silver and Black Cans... but I have just been mellow for the first pack in an open parking lot with the 12T.

I got another 12T for my Slash. Although I would be willing to try a 17T Speed Gem 540 motor (or another 540 or 550 motor). Will stay brushed so I can easily go back to the stock set up for Slash class.

Sorry to have missed everyone yesterday... work, work, work.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Initiate

John, I like the new avatar. I'm jealous of your new SC10 and can't wait to see you ripping up the track with it. Those trucks look pretty badass.
thanks! i did a quick drive around the back ally last night. i'm so stoked. the handling and speed of the stock is just a blast. my better half, angela, got a brand new T4RS. so we'll both be out there this weekend at some point. how many guys can say their ladies are into RC??? i feel lucky! Todd, by the way, you and Jeff met some friends of mine at a birthday or wedding a few weekends ago?! Brian and Shayna. Brian told me you guys had some slashes out back. heh. they come around the track every once and awhile. brian's got a hornet that i want him to turn brushless!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Both of my Slashes are sitting without motors right now since the two I've been running for last month...yep just a month....fried within a couple hours of each other. I need some feedback from you electric heads next time I'm down there. There's something I'm doing, or not doing, that's causing this I think. There's got to be something more I can do to prolong motor life.
Toadman i think i did the same thing with my slash motor. I pulled it out and cleaned it through. did a water break in since it only had 5 runs on it. still loud as all hell. Last time i was running it, it just slowed down. i thought it was the gear mesh but now i think im gonna throw the second one i just got into it and see if there is any difference.

I plan on being at A52 on saturday. Im probably gonna stop by the hobby store and buy yet another titan just in case.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

The untouchable entity versus the insatiable pursuer.
That's a noble way to frame it. Wonder what the vet's perspective is, after how many phone calls?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
That's a noble way to frame it. Wonder what the vet's perspective is, after how many phone calls?
Although I don't do it any more, I've been a successful sales person in several roles. Overkill never works unless you realize the situation is futile, in which case it's just satisfying to pester the living bejesus out of someone. In this case, I'm being exceedingly tactful.

Moogumby, when you pull that Titan out that's acting poorly try moving the drive pin (or axle...I dunno). Mine develop play as the busings go and it translates into grinding and bad gear mesh. I'm just hoping I can salvage the two spur gears.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

In this case, I'm being exceedingly tactful.
That's good to hear. I have a soft spot for independent business owners...

That said, Fedex told me they dropped my almost new (rc car trade) Slash off today! Look forward to trading paint and moving some dirt with you guys when I can get up your way.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Initiate

My bl just came in today & whoa I can't get much tractions in my alley although the rocks are the size of quarters , I think I need to order a lower kv, just barely pulling the trigger gets this thing to around 5mph...Thought about gearing down, but wouldn't that just add more torque to the car?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My bl just came in today & whoa I can't get much tractions in my alley although the rocks are the size of quarters , I think I need to order a lower kv, just barely pulling the trigger gets this thing to around 5mph...Thought about gearing down, but wouldn't that just add more torque to the car?
Yes it would give you more torque and reduce the top speed of your car.
What Kv motor are you running? Is your speedo a castle that you can turn down on your computer? If so try adjusting the punch control setting and the throtle end point to tame that beast
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a cheapo ezrun bl
-1/10 25a esc (has fan on it)
-1/18 motor 7800kv
-2s lipo

I should have gotten the combo pack that comes with the program card so I can adjust the timing on the motor or something...However I thought the 1/10 esc (with fan) would be better for my car over all so I just went with that.

I guess I have to order the card now....

I must admit though..this car is a fast little bugger with the brushless, I expected less spending only 45 bucks shipped, I thought it would atleast cog on me or something, but no everything runs smoothly and good along with motor temps I can put my hand on the motor after running it
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Mamba in an 18T...

Originally Posted by snowbeaverking
Yes it would give you more torque and reduce the top speed of your car.
What Kv motor are you running? Is your speedo a castle that you can turn down on your computer? If so try adjusting the punch control setting and the throtle end point to tame that beast
The company ships them out in profile ONE. Full throttle at the slightest trigger pull. Get the Castle link from Ryan and do both of your trucks at the same time. He doesn't have a Windows PC.I'll bet you do. Dave.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default 18T gearing

You will need to GEAR DOWN or you will POOF the ESC.25A is a little one. My stock ESC was a 50A. unit. Run Mini- mod gearing and set the "punch control" on your transmitter. Dave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.