Originally Posted by Rewp
what, no team magic?
No sir the magic has went away
Old 09-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
No sir the magic has went away
Da na naaaaa, da na naaaaa, da na naaaaaa.....da na!

That's the MI theme song.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

so do we race wednesday? since i missed yesterday because of travel hangover... i'd like to get out to cut some rug
Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rewp
so do we race wednesday? since i missed yesterday because of travel hangover... i'd like to get out to cut some rug
Our next race is Wednesday, October 14. Then..the 28th and again on Saturday, the 31st: The All Hallows Indoor at Hangar 30. OOOOO...Spooky!

Todd M.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Yeah I thought so too
I feel special. I took a pic of my radio wrap. Made a avitar. And another team guy has it now. Haha. You have a mi4?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 AM
piper48

Default lipo pack

I know somebody who accidently charged a lipo pack using NiMh setting on their charger causing the battery swell and rip the hard case open. I told him that the battery is probably FUBAR but not really sure. Is it?

Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I have been working on the timing and scoring this past couple days and believe a solution has been reached.

First, for Canyon, Greg, and Jason: it seems the old PC has a bad Com1 port. Rare and unlikely, but I believe true. Amb actually does make a simple utility for testing the Com1 connection without needing scoring software. I found it on their site and downloaded it to the club's PC. I could not get it to fire. Meanwhile, after also downloading the appropriate Amb USB drivers, I further confirmed the findings from the test at Ben's by getting RC Scoring Pro to detect the decoder via the USB port, as well as the decoder's db9 connection via the USB adapter. However, it was not an entirely satisfying experience, as it seemed to take a very specific sequence of connections and power-ups to get it to detect. By contrast, Ben just flips everything on and wham-o, it works. Ours shouldn't be that hard. I suppose the final test will be to connect another device to the PC's db9 port and test it. But I'll be darned if I know where to find another device. Maybe an old modem? What else were they used for?

Then, after talking to Doug Hay, the creator of RC Scoring Pro, I was determined to try the decoder on another computer's db9 serial port. Ben's has no serial connection; he uses the USB port. Enter KLMason Racing International, who has now sported the club a very lightly used Dell CPU, with db9 port (And hey, all the USB ports? They work! And a BIOS keyboard!), and the little utility from Amb lit up the decoder. As of this evening, Doug Hay has also given the club a fresh download of RC Scoring Pro software on very accommodating terms.

So, the final word is this: we have a new (to us) Dell CPU, fresh RC Scoring Pro software, a perfectly good decoder, and about forty fresh cables of every stripe (monoprice.com--wow!) But, I swear to Jesu, if it doesn't work on Sunday I am drowning myself in the lake, and someone else can take over.

Todd M.
Now we know....

..counts the seconds until the 14th.....

Hey Todd I still have this if you want some intro video up for the website. The pictures still show the initial building.. from a cell phone.
http://www.vimeo.com/3865976

Code:
<object width="400" height="270"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3865976&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3865976&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="270"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/3865976">Seattle RC Racers at Hangar 30 in Magnuson Park</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1490447">D. R.</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
Code to embed.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
I know somebody who accidently charged a lipo pack using NiMh setting on their charger causing the battery swell and rip the hard case open. I told him that the battery is probably FUBAR but not really sure. Is it?
I think that I would get the leather welding gloves on, Apron, face shield..... pick up and safely discard it. It's RC days are over.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 AM
piper48

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I think that I would get the leather welding gloves on, Apron, face shield..... pick up and safely discard it. It's RC days are over.
Thanks B.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Anybody run Trinity DUO 21.5 sensorless?

Hey all. Has anyone run the Trinity DUO 21.5 in a sensorless setup? According to the text at AMain, it's designed to support both sensored and sensorless speedos. If I could run it with a sensorless speedo, I could just use it with my Mamba Max and not have to worry about the maintenance of the brushed silver can again.

Thoughts? I know it will be "less than optimal", but will the pros outweigh the cons? I plan to eventualy upgade to a really good sensored speedo, but I would like to spread out the purchases of Lipo/Speedo/Brushless motor by augmenting gear I already have.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the trinity duo is the same as a speed passion motor,

the speed passion motor when coupled to a speed passion ESC will run sensored or unsensored, unsensored has a jerky start or cogging as its called. start but its fine after that, however when coupled to a different brand ESC I don't know. Probably go on the Speedpassion thread and ask adam or shawn.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Brian Bodine ygpm
Old 09-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jolson88
Hey all. Has anyone run the Trinity DUO 21.5 in a sensorless setup? According to the text at AMain, it's designed to support both sensored and sensorless speedos. If I could run it with a sensorless speedo, I could just use it with my Mamba Max and not have to worry about the maintenance of the brushed silver can again.

Thoughts? I know it will be "less than optimal", but will the pros outweigh the cons? I plan to eventualy upgade to a really good sensored speedo, but I would like to spread out the purchases of Lipo/Speedo/Brushless motor by augmenting gear I already have.
yeah it would work just fine. but like Richie said. it will be a little jerky to start. it should work as a temporary solution till you're ready to get a sensored speedo. I used a mamba max with a 17.5 for awhile... but i quickly realized that altho the mamba would work, it would never be optimal. but it did work

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.