Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I'm not sure if NORA is going to upgrade to RC4, anyone know? For now you either want the older AMB transponders, the MyLaps "Hybrid" or the MRTs (I believe).

Kind of a bummer that monopolistic business practices are causing us to have to jump through these damn hoops.
We are planning to update Once Carpet indoor is over so we can have them back in time for Outdoors.........
Old 02-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
that is true haha you got me. but so far each car has been an improvement over the previous. also If I remember correctly Mr. Cartwright was saying that I change cars as much as I change underwear. and then he admitted he never changes his..... or did I say that?
You can't change what you don't wear......

On a serious note. I finally filled out a setup sheet if any guys driving a tamiya would like it, I call it AlmostAsFastAsJake.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Greetings from San Francisco! I'm planning on heading up to see my in-laws in the Seattle area in a few weeks, and I may actually have time to do some rc racing.

Just a few quick questions so I know what to pack. How is the F1 and Scale Spec field? As far as I could tell, it's 21.5 or Silver Can, 190mm and rubber tires for F1. The other class I was interested in running was the Scale Spec class--I was thinking of running a Tamiya FF03 FWD car with all the scale specs checked and with the D-Compound HPI radials.

Also, is timing ok with the red AMB transponders?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright

On a serious note. I finally filled out a setup sheet if any guys driving a tamiya would like it, I call it AlmostAsFastAsJake.
Would love to share it with local guys running the 417, please post the link or pm?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hello All,
Just getting started in RC (Novice would be a generous term) and managed to pick up "VTA Associated 6.1 worlds, brand new, ARTR!" sold by meddman in the for sale/trade forums. Post#792096 if I'm reading the link right. (won't let me link to the post as a newbie)

also picked up a Spektrum Dx3r Pro And 3100 Receiver for $200.
Still need to grab a charger and some lipo's and was curious as to what people would recommend.

Any feedback on the car would be greatly appreciated. Looked like a good deal to me but I know diddly squat about this atm. About everything I know is from reading forums at this point, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright

Yeah, if you hadn't had some "traffic" issues in the second qual I probably would have had to change my shorts

going to send you a pm in a bit....

Jake D.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoWheel
Greetings from San Francisco! I'm planning on heading up to see my in-laws in the Seattle area in a few weeks, and I may actually have time to do some rc racing.

Just a few quick questions so I know what to pack. How is the F1 and Scale Spec field? As far as I could tell, it's 21.5 or Silver Can, 190mm and rubber tires for F1. The other class I was interested in running was the Scale Spec class--I was thinking of running a Tamiya FF03 FWD car with all the scale specs checked and with the D-Compound HPI radials.

Also, is timing ok with the red AMB transponders?

Thanks.
Scale spec is 25.5 or silver can. You can run the FF, but it'll be off pace. If you can be more specific aboit which race(s) you're shooting for, I can probably get a dialed scale spec or stock TC loaner ready!

Red AMB is good to go!

-Mike
Old 02-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Hello All,
Just getting started in RC (Novice would be a generous term) and managed to pick up "VTA Associated 6.1 worlds, brand new, ARTR!" sold by meddman in the for sale/trade forums. Post#792096 if I'm reading the link right. (won't let me link to the post as a newbie)

Still need to grab a charger and some lipo's and was curious as to what people would recommend.

Any feedback on the car would be greatly appreciated. Looked like a good deal to me but I know diddly squat about this atm. About everything I know is from reading forums at this point, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Charger, get 10 amps and storage mode. 10 amps just makes things easier on race night, and storage mode makes it easier to maintain the batteries.

As for the car, just get it balanced left to right (lift from shock tower holes) and get the weight to 1450g (VTA is 1550 so you might be able to take some lead off). Then when you get to the track, just fimd someone with a decent-handling TC6.1 in Scale Spec, and copy the setup. Then just do as many laps as you can. You'll get the hang of it!

-Mike
Old 02-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Hello All,

Anything Kody has on the table will pretty much be dialed... batteries can be expensive but you can get thru a night with only one pack... if your going to get multiple packs...(nice so you can run more practice) its important for them to be the same so your car doesn't handle different from pack to pack... may not seem all that important.. but can be frustrating.

if i was to buy batteries this week... id get the reedy 7000mah... if i recall about $120 each... spendy but you get what you pay for.

as far as a charger... there are alot of options... however be aware, most good chargers will require a 12v power supply.....

looking at your setup you should be able to show up at the track and run... anything you needed would be available from kody.. if you would like i have a old Thunderpower battery that could get you on the track.... Its a lil wore out.. but if you show up at the next race night at the convention center im sure we could get you on the track. keep in mind there are alot of little things you might need... motor spray, battery tape, tire sauce, assortment of pinion gears, maybe spur gears, tools... again most of which is available at the track if you need it in a pinch...

Erik
Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Erik speaks truth, except maybe the bit about dropping $120 on a battery. I personally don't think it's worth it, especially for beginners. The money is better spent on other stuff like a good charger and good setup tools.

Most importantly, just get to the track, even if you think you don't have everything you need. There's always a bunch of friendly people that will be happy to get you on track, and the best way to learn what you want / need is to borrow something and try it, and see what you do / don't like about it.

-Mike
Old 02-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Get your lap times up to par with cheap pack and when your ready get some good packs to make up the 10th, my batteries are hella old but I still hang in there! He'll even my motor is 3 years old
Old 02-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Main race videos from Saturday night at Magnuson Park

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...B6ONNX62rYOQVi

Last edited by Magnet Top; 02-11-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

In Erik's post he made a little fubar. It's the Community Center he's looking for, not the Convention Center.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks a lot for all the input everyone. It's much appreciated. I have a ton to learn in a very short period of time. Should be interesting to say the least.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved

I have one of these for playing around and my kid has run it in scale spec, hard to beat, i caught it on sale for $30.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.