Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Uhm... err... welcome to our club?
Gee thanks, is that the initiation? lol
Old 12-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Last night was fun. Track was fast and saw most of the track records broken. Didn't finish 1 qual in SS and ended up last in the B But it was sweet watching the Panda wheel my car in the SS Main and knockdown 12.5 -6's! Being 20 years older than him, I'm qualified to say..."that kid can wheel!", lol. And reinforces I have only MY driving to blame
The 12R5.2 feels really good. Can't wait for the next raceday.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ah crap, I didn't realize that's what happened. I was super focused on staying away from the pipes given how much my car was pushing in every corner. All I know is suddenly all the fast guys were behind me, and that wasn't right. I sure hope I didn't hit anyone, as far as I recall I had a clean race... well, except for running into the back of the shoe of one of the turn marshals
F-1's can only sustain so much "tackle to pass". Adam: you did great! You kept you nose clean from what I witnessed. Mark and Dan locked horns like two titans looking for the peek of the mountain. Mark is a heck of a driver and eventually chipped away to take the win, kudos for that. From a marshal point of view, there were some tackle passes taking place that could have been avoided to save some pride. I can tell, F-1 is a tough game. Congrats for surviving!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It was a different F1 experience where I didn't get lapped by Mark and Dan three times each.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Last Race Night of 2013!

The final race night of 2013 is done. A nice, medium well, slightly pink in the middle, no blood, plenty of pepper, DONE! A few supposed it would be a slow night. Pshaw! Only if 79 entries, 12 heats, and 5 new track records seems slow.

First, I missed Alex. Not that any of us should be feeling bad for the elder of the two Russian Concussions. He's in Hawaii, and I've been assured, he's fine without us. But, all the same, it's not the same without him. That said, I want to tip the club's hat to Ryan Newbury from Timezone. Ryan hustled over and called the Mod 1/12th heats so I could race. He also fixed our microphone which went wonky early in the night. A quick touchup of a solder joint and it was good as new. So, thanks Ryan! That was a huge help.

Five new track records were set.

Stock Touring: Mike Malkinson 31/6:11
Scale Spec: Kody Knudtson 27/6:05
Modified Touring: Dave Ehrlich 33/6:10
World GT: Kody Knudtson 32/6:01
Formula 1: Keith Yu 28/6:02

The vacuum job from last time carried over. The track was clean, fast, and grippy. For those who were able to master their setups, the potential was there to set overall records, as well as personal bests. The records speak for themselves, none of those names are unfamiliar to anyone who follows our racing. I will call out a couple performances, though, which might escape the casual observer.

First, in the Scale Spec B Main, Brenden Newbury showed his grit and resolve by overcoming a self-inflicted early disaster to claw his way back through the field to claim the win and the single bump to the A. To do it, he had to get past a determined Dennis, and then our other excellent young Scale Spec racer, Gene Choe. In the end, Brenden won out, but in the battle with Gene, I think the northwest got an intimation of a bright future in these two young guns. Good racing, gentlemen! The kids are all right!

While Kody took the Scale Spec record, it should be noted that John Tsang also broke the record, and trailed Kody by 0.13 seconds at the end of their record breaking qualifier. On any other night, the quick Canadian would have claimed the prize, but with Kody on hand, second best would have to do. I would also like to say that Mike Ruete's record, though ultimately overtopped, nevertheless proved Mike's quality as a racer. It took racers of Kody's and John's formidable abilities to overcome Mike's mark, and even then by a mere second. So, a nod to Mike for keeping the level of competition in Scale Spec very high indeed. When Mike's in the house, you can be sure that the pace is legit.

In Stock Touring, Donny Banks earns a call out for his improving form. Donny took the fight to none other than Brett Sisley and came out the winner. Albeit for the 3 spot, but it was a good battle, and a result Donny should carry with him. He's getting fast. That was four shaft drives at the top of the order, by the way.

A new layout is in the works. Pipe has been purchased, and the rest of the necessary supplies will be shortly at hand. Keep your eyes peeled for a work party message. It will be short notice, and most likely in the evening this coming week. With the Community Center's schedule, and an unexpectedly early start to the basketball season, we will be wedging it in when we can.

Finally, from me to all of you, thank you for the effort you pour into your racing, your strong and willing backs, and your enthusiasm for this race program. This is your all volunteer, nonprofit, racing club. It's working! And it's on you. This was a great year, and there are many more to come.

Grazie!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (86.3 KB, 234 views)
Round2.txt (86.1 KB, 79 views)
Round3.txt (72.8 KB, 126 views)
Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You sure those track records are right? I didn't see Keith in formula one at all lol
Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

He looked like an Asian version of Dave. Or is it that Dave looked Asian for round 2?
Old 12-29-2013, 10:13 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
You sure those track records are right? I didn't see Keith in formula one at all lol
lol I saw that too...Ehrlich, Dave broke the F1 track record
Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The F1 record is right. Keith drove R2 with Dave's car. Record to the driver.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

woo hoo. just purchased batteries. 2 packs from smc. 5600 70c packs. should be enough. hopefully ill get them by saturday. still lookin for that elusive 25.5 from bradshawkyle. anybody konw if he is running the program this wed? or is that even on the schedule?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Good racing at the Hangar this year, well worth the drives!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

See you guys in Victoria!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
woo hoo. just purchased batteries. 2 packs from smc. 5600 70c packs. should be enough. hopefully ill get them by saturday. still lookin for that elusive 25.5 from bradshawkyle. anybody konw if he is running the program this wed? or is that even on the schedule?
According to the website, the next Hanger 30 race is on January 8th: http://seattlercracers.com/onroad-racing/
Old 12-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

According to the website, the next Hanger 30 race is on January 8th: http://seattlercracers.com/onroad-racing/
Yep. Seen that after the fact. Damit. Dudes hard to get ahold of.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Yep. Seen that after the fact. Damit. Dudes hard to get ahold of.
Your buying a used motor from a busy guy with new kid. Give the guy a break!

FYI I have two motors instock if you really need one fast...
Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

how much kody?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.