Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Kyle, I loaned my yoko pink/blue to panoz. I think he still has them, but isn't using them. You're welcome to use them.

-Mike
Old 11-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Mike are you going to the TZGP?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBee
Mike are going to the TZGP?
Not planning to. I've had a rough week. I'm not feeling the motivation.

EDIT: I'll be at the hangar tonight, though.

-Mike
Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Kyle, I loaned my yoko pink/blue to panoz. I think he still has them, but isn't using them. You're welcome to use them.

-Mike
Thanks -Mike but Kody has me covered....
Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

ive been on a super rc slump i havent been interested for like the past 2 months and its started to bother me.....i got my vta car to run how i think will work on the basics it goes straight (lol),turns, and has some braking haha one question is i jsut moved to millcreek/bothell any buddy up here with me???
Old 11-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks again to Brian, Lynn and Todd for helping me with my WGT car. Next race I will seek out a tire truer. I have a baseline and a goal, now I need to do work!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Tonight at the Hangar was awesome, thanks for another fun night guys
Old 11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good job last night Brandon! WGT is a blast. As you creep towards the front, progress is going to slow up. Not like the laps & .3ths chunks you were knocking off!
Brian
Old 11-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Results???
Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Gotta send them off to the sponsors there curry? :0
Old 11-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Gotta send them off to the sponsors there curry? :0
Nope! And I wouldn't send my results from last night for sure
Old 11-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hanger 30, Round 4 Results

Our three week break crawled by, leaving some of us itching for a fix that could only be scratched by some quality rug time. Once again the “get it done” attitude of our members served us well as Chris Perry jumped in with Todd to sweep the entire track area of the Hangar prior to rolling out the carpet. Each time we set-up, the remodel appears closer to completion and the Hangar gets a bit nicer and cleaner. I would also like to remind all club members of the sacred oath we have taken to never tell our wives of the time spent running brooms and vacuums, lest they expect a similar amount of effort at home.

Once again turnout was solid, with 28 entries and new faces dotting the ranks of our regulars – 6 more last night, each one new to the Hanger this season or in some cases new to on road racing entirely. As is the way with SRCR, the members stepped in to lend a hand where needed to ensure everyone felt welcome and had a fun night of racing.

Stock 1/12 saw Todd and Brian step-in to challenge the Stuart Mason juggernaut, and had things their way all night. The main served-up an early and untimely exit for Stuart, and a second lap mishap dropped Brian from the lead back to 4th place, allowing Todd to pull a 4 second gap. Within 10 laps Brian reeled-in Todd, looking inside and out for the right opportunity to pass. It’s crazy to watch the different lines each of them took, as well as the resulting strengths and weaknesses of each approach. Brian looked like he was about to run Todd down in the sweeper, while Todd consistently pulled away in the first half of the infield. In the end, and after some gentlemanly restraint on Brian’s behalf, Todd came away with the win.

Stock Touring saw Mike Ruete and Donny Banks in a class of their own, with Mike clicking off consistently quick, even laps and Donny showing impressive pace marred only by occasional bumps and rollovers. With an early morning wakeup call looming, Donnie was forced to leave before the main, leaving us to wonder what might have been. In qualifying as well as the Main, Mike’s ruthless consistency and pace provided a comfortable cushion, ticking away for a full 6 minutes without a single challenge from the field. Bill Swadener came to grips with a new chassis and resumed his customary smooth and consistent style, mixing it up with Scott Howell for several laps before bringing it home in second place.

World GT continues to forge ahead and is well on its way to becoming a bread and butter class at the Hangar, with 5 entries and some of the closest racing of the night. Brian and Todd continued their grudge match with another 6 minutes of nose to tail sparring, jousting, and jiving. In the end Brian avenged his earlier 2nd place by clearing Todd by 0.2 on the final lap.

Scale Spec again proved to be the largest class of the night, with 11 cars gridding up for the Mains. Jacob Reyes earned the bump out of the B, mixing it up with Steve “I’ll just pull this scissor lift over here” Anderson for 6th place. The tightest battle on track was for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th between Adam Gorski, Rob Swan, and Chris Perry. They shuffled ranks for most of the race, but by the end Adam managed to keep his wits about him, tick off several fast and consistent laps, and bring home a well-deserved 3rd place under constant pressure from Rob. It’s worth noting the results posted contain an error which resulting in one lap not registering. Chris Perry did in fact turn a 32/6:11 for second place, not the 31 laps shown. The winner - in case there was any doubt - was of course Mike Ruete. Does anybody have the wherewithal to stick around for the Main and mount a credible challenge to Mike?

Last is something I’d like to add to future race reports, it’s called “Bradshaw’s Backmarker Tech Tips”, and this week’s tip is: Reversing battery polarity lets all the smoke out of your electronics. Apparently it’s the smoke, not the electricity, that makes them go. You need that smoke…once it’s out you can’t chase it back in.

Results are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (44.7 KB, 57 views)
Round2.txt (44.9 KB, 59 views)
Round3.txt (35.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Great report, thanks Kyle!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

A few people tried to make Wes's attempted tight line work. But the pipe stood firm and unyielding.

If we can find a way to stick the small dots down better, that track will need zero between-run maintenance.

-Mike
Old 11-15-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Sounds like you guys are having a blast for sure. Ill throw this out again. If anybody has a good deal on a ready to race or almost ready to race tc package lmk please. 😁

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.