Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 AM
  #1351  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Canyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Going to show my ignorance here.. Wanting to run spec class, using a 68 camaro body( i know how original), can I run Roar VTA tires and wheels? If my understanding is correct spec class is vta and rcgt? Buying tires today and don't want the wrong ones.

Grant
Yeah the ROAR rules just state that they have to be a trans am era treaded replica. The ones that the Hangar has decided to use for their control tire is the HPI. We've got them in stock out at the shop.
Canyon is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
  #1352  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (101)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,707
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Goingfast
I'm thinking about bring out my 12th scale ,So what's the hot ticket tires set up and rolll out? thanks
Brian's combo last year on our Paragon track was Jaco 2xPink fronts and either yellow rears or pinks. We may try other tires this year but this should get you in the ball park. I think we were rolling out around 88. If Brian see's this he will correct me if I am wrong. For body, he was liking the Protoform Speed 12.

Steve

Last edited by corallyman; 09-15-2009 at 06:51 PM.
corallyman is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 12:28 PM
  #1353  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Goingfast
I'm thinking about bring out my 12th scale ,So what's the hot ticket tires set up and rolll out? thanks
Your guess is as good as mine. I am sorta in between cars right now and this is my first run with 1S. I would guess Pink/2xPink will be a good place to start. I have no idea on rollout.
mkdut is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:02 PM
  #1354  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Canyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Default

You could say I was slightly bored this morning.

http://twitter.com/RCHWoodinville
Canyon is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:08 PM
  #1355  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,733
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Franko,

Speedmerchant 1S, yes?

If so:

Pink R/Dbl Pink F
45mm/43mm
front sidewalls rounded, no CA, 15 min dope all around, full rear, 2/3 front
4mm ride height
start at an 85mm rollout.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 PM
  #1356  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman
Brian's combo last year on our Paragon track was Jaco 2xPink fronts and either yellow rears or pinks. We may try other tires this year but this should get you in the ball park. I think we were rolling out around 88. If Brian see's this he will correct me if I am wrong. For body, he was liking the Protoform 12.

Steve
Thanks
Goingfast is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
  #1357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mkdut
Your guess is as good as mine. I am sorta in between cars right now and this is my first run with 1S. I would guess Pink/2xPink will be a good place to start. I have no idea on rollout.
Dang.....I don't have the 1S lipo yet....I might have to run the 4 cell this weekend or sedan stock
maybe I can borrow one (1S lipo)
Goingfast is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:19 PM
  #1358  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Franko,

Speedmerchant 1S, yes?

If so:

Pink R/Dbl Pink F
45mm/43mm
front sidewalls rounded, no CA, 15 min dope all around, full rear, 2/3 front
4mm ride height
start at an 85mm rollout.
Great job todd....Thanks
Goingfast is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
  #1359  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Franko,

Speedmerchant 1S, yes?

If so:

Pink R/Dbl Pink F
45mm/43mm
front sidewalls rounded, no CA, 15 min dope all around, full rear, 2/3 front
4mm ride height
start at an 85mm rollout.
85mm? Seems kinda tall though seeing how I have no idea it may be OK.
mkdut is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:32 PM
  #1360  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,733
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mkdut
85mm? Seems kinda tall though seeing how I have no idea it may be OK.
I was running a Novak/TC Spec power package. But I'm pretty sure even Bodine with the Duo/Tekin combo was in the mid-high 80's. 85mm definitely should be a reasonable place to start. In general, gear up with the voltage drop from 4-cell to 1S.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:37 PM
  #1361  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I was running a Novak/TC Spec power package. But I'm pretty sure even Bodine with the Duo/Tekin combo was in the mid-high 80's. 85mm definitely should be a reasonable place to start. In general, gear up with the voltage drop from 4-cell to 1S.
We shall see. I think I may go a little bit conservative the first few runs and keep an eye on motor temp.
mkdut is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
  #1362  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Franko,

Speedmerchant 1S, yes?

If so:

Pink R/Dbl Pink F
45mm/43mm
front sidewalls rounded, no CA, 15 min dope all around, full rear, 2/3 front
4mm ride height
start at an 85mm rollout.


Based on what Todd, Brian, and Korey have advised me....and on the recent practice day this is perfecto!

I was rolled out in the low 90's (coming off at 140F after dumping the pack, had no lower T pinions) and hitting "2nd gear" in the last 1/3 of the back straight. A couple/few teeth lower to the high/mid 80's would do the trick!

Have some new yellow rears to try out...all I've ever tried are pink rears and purple or dbl pink fronts.

jubilee is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
  #1363  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
oldrcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 818
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

The 85 rollout is a good starting point, from what I ran last year, and even most recently at IIC in Vegas. Yellows work well, if you are getting a push with the pinks.

-Alex
oldrcr is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 PM
  #1364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Canyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Default

Will there be a mod tc class on Sunday? Please say yes.
Canyon is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 05:03 PM
  #1365  
Tech Master
iTrader: (63)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,543
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Canyon
Will there be a mod tc class on Sunday? Please say yes.
I'm planning to run it . Not sure about Kody ,Korey, or Kuney
The Wease is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.