Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waswadener
The nutshell version of Kyle's soon-to-be-released report is: Another Epic Wednesday!!!

We're cutting Kyle some slack, as in addition to the factor Brian mentioned, the 2031 IIC Stock Touring champion arrived in Kyle's family just three weeks ago. She's the cutest little pink blob of brand new baby girl you ever did see!

One of my most pleasant observations from Wednesday was racers helping racers. Mike Ruete and others spent the majority of the night wrenching on other drivers' cars, instead of their own car. Amazingly enough, Mike and the others might know what they're doing because at least one of the cars actually drove better after it was handed back! Thank you Mike and All for helping others out.

Bill S.
+1

I'd also like to add a thank you to Todd and Kyle, as well as general "awesome!" feedback for getting Charlie (I believe?) to run an RC car for the first time in her life. I think she was one of Steve Alvarez's special needs students and it was great to watch the club come together to give her that opportunity. Perhaps a new racer was born that night
Old 10-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hanger 30, Round 3 Results

Hey fellas, apologies for the delay in posting, here we go.....

It’s been said many times but still bears repeating: it’s good to be back in the hangar. 27 entries is a solid turnout (better than our first week) and especially so when you consider all the great regional and national racing our members have participated in over the last few weeks. We’re getting into a rhythm with track build/tear down, and Todd continues to teach various club members the always-popular “Conway Kick.” We also ran a tighter ship with respect to time between heats, so a big thanks to everyone for their focus on timeliness throughout the night.

Stock 1/12 looked like it was going to be the Stuart Show, with Garrett Smith finishing the first round three laps behind and a DNF for Q2. When it came time for the Main, however it appeared to be a carefully constructed trick to lure young Stuart into a false sense of security. Garrett ran in Stuart’s slipstream for what some said was the most exciting race of the night. For 8 minutes Garrett never let Stuart out of his sight. All it would have taken was one misstep and the win would be his, but as is often the case with the mini-Mason, that mistake never came. Stuart demonstrated great poise under constant and prolonged pressure and eeked out Garrett at the line by 0.041 – now THAT’S a finish. Props to both drivers for providing the most entertaining 2 car main I can recall.

Stock Touring gave us a three way battle between Korey, Jake and Mike Ruete, and was ultimately determined by who could keep his nose out of the pipe and other cars for the greatest amount of time. None of the top three finishers avoided the hand of the corner marshal, however Jake’s boo-boo in the opening stages of the race provided enough time to patiently work his way through the field. He went from first to fourth on lap 2, then took the bit between his teeth and capitalized on a disappointing DNF from then-leader Korey and claim the “W”. Throughout the main Mike held tough until his car jettisoned a wheel (and perhaps some suspension parts as well) for another uncharacteristic DNF. Amid the carnage from these three drivers was Jesse Anderson, starting 4th and managing the cleanest run out of the top finishers, which ultimately rewarded him with a much deserved 2nd place.

World GT was a complete blast. Brian, Todd, Wes and Garrett ran on the same lap, often nose to tail for a full 6 minutes. Todd started on pole, ran a dozen or so laps in the lead, dropped the third while mixing it up with Brian and Wes for a lap, then promptly took it back. For another 25 laps it was Todd, Wes, Brian and Garrett tucked in behind one another, slicing dicing, bumping, hooting, hollering, and generally putting on a great show. It was nearly wrapped-up when the cruel hand of fate reached down and appeared to tangle Wes and Todd’s cars. They lodged into the pipe at the entrance to the straight on the final lap for an agonizing 4 seconds, and with less than 1/3 of a lap remaining Bodine slipped by to take the win. Final order was the Brian, Todd, Wes and Garrett, and Bill, with the top 4 finishers separated by only a few seconds.

Scale Spec was strong once again, however a guest driver proved himself the class of the field. Known only as “Moose”, this man of mystery dropped-in while traveling from out of town for work, borrowed Mike Ruete’s ride, and quickly established himself as a challenger to Franko’s blistering pace. But as is often the case, Franko’s top spot went unclaimed in the Main as he went home after Round 2, leaving us all to wonder what might have been. Moose started on the nose, ran clean, managed the race and never relinquished the lead. Without Franko to challenge him, Moose was on cruise control, with his fastest lap a full 0.3 below his Q2 marker. Wes made a notable appearance whipping his baby blue 911 GT3 into a comfortable second place, with Rob and Steve Anderson dukeing it out a lap behind in 3rd and 4th respectively.

Remember to check the club’s website for the schedule, we have a different cadence with the holidays coming up. We have a three week gap instead of the usual two, so spend a bit more some pondering those setup changes and we’ll see you on November 13th!

Results below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (43.8 KB, 71 views)
Round2.txt (45.3 KB, 67 views)
Round3.txt (35.3 KB, 86 views)
Old 10-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My "boo boo" was saucing too long, traction rolled in the sweeper. On the race line traction is already pretty incredible at the hangar !
Come on out and join the fun at the Hanga'..... the layout is uber fun !

Great race report too Kyle! Thanks !

Jake
Old 10-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
My "boo boo" was saucing too long, traction rolled in the sweeper. On the race line traction is already pretty incredible at the hangar !

Jake
I wish we could! Brendens and mine first away race was in the hangar. Maybe someday there will be a weekend race there
Old 10-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Jake
I'll second that. Mr car went from Initial D in the first round, to "Voodoo Shakes" tipsy by the main. Still a total kick in the ass. I'm hooked on TC again!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One other mention: Not only did Franko set a new SS TQ record at 33/6:10, but Moose also beat the old mark by 2 seconds as well!

I heard a couple people calling dibs on my scale spec car for next race. Once I get a Scale Spec body for my T4'13, the Poomacher will be available for experienced hands to want to give SS a whirl, or SS stalwarts who want to know if it's the driver or the car.

-Mike
Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
One other mention: Not only did Franko set a new SS TQ record at 33/6:10, but Moose also beat the old mark by 2 seconds as well!

I heard a couple people calling dibs on my scale spec car for next race. Once I get a Scale Spec body for my T4'13, the Poomacher will be available for experienced hands to want to give SS a whirl, or SS stalwarts who want to know if it's the driver or the car.

-Mike
Franko's car looked ridiculously good... and yes, he drove it very well too
Old 10-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Stuart and Jake set new recirds for 1/12 and Stock TC, too.

Todd got close in WGT, but not quite.

-Mike
Old 10-25-2013, 10:40 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Stuart and Jake set new recirds for 1/12 and Stock TC, too.

Todd got close in WGT, but not quite.

-Mike
Stuart set the new record for 12th scale stock..that's awesome...
I better get out of his way...
Old 10-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Stuart set the new record for 12th scale stock..that's awesome...
I better get out of his way...
There's at least 2 laps for the taking in Stock 1/12 TQ record, though. It's currently in the low 44's. Both Stuart and Garrett did 47 laps in the main, which is still 46 laps if you drop the short first lap. It's only a matter of time 'til someone manages a clean qualifying session.

I'd love to see Peeler attack that track.

-Mike
Old 10-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Bill, you got a PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Thanks All

Thanks again to all the Hanger 30 guys for being so friendly on my visit last Wednesday night. Especially to Mike for lending me a totally setup car. It was dialed in better then I could do myself. I really didn't expect to be able to do as well as I did.

I loved the Spec Sedan Class as a slower alternative and I would like to see it adopted at more events. 17.5 has become too fast for beginners and we as a hobby need to make it more beginner friendly.

I'll definitely try and make it out again next time I'm up there. In fact, I might have to volunteer for Seattle trips from now on.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is anyone planning an a main order this week? I need some yokomo parts and its too late to ship em to Canada before Saturday. I can paypal the cash if someone is placing an order and will be at the comunity centre on Saturday. Please let me know its about $35 in small parts.
Thanks
Tiny
Old 10-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by big_gord24
Is anyone planning an a main order this week? I need some yokomo parts and its too late to ship em to Canada before Saturday. I can paypal the cash if someone is placing an order and will be at the comunity centre on Saturday. Please let me know its about $35 in small parts.
Thanks
Tiny
pm'd ya
Old 10-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

pm'd ya
Thanks Jake... pm sent.. see you guys Saturday

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.