Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
5.0 is for stock

3.3 for mod

1.3 not as smooth for either ...
Thanks G! Now get back under that bridge!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Thanks G! Now get back under that bridge!
3.3 is off road isnt it?

4.0 is mod?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
The people on here that actually know me know that I don't take it seriously. Not to mean I wasn't thrilled to win it but it was only a masters race with only 7 or 8 racers. Whenever someone mentions it I say ' that plaque and 5 bucks will get me a cup of coffee. What was posted as a joke earned me a pm with a vail threat attached which will be reposted for all to see later. Cant copy and paste on my phone.

And while I'm not a psychologist I did say at a holiday inn express and promise you, at the next race the mains will have clean starts thanks to this discussion.
Perhaps you should consider how you come off on here to people who don't "know you". If it's worth $5 in your opinion, you wouldn't pull it out as a hypothetical trump card.

As a side note, I decided to keep the drama out of the public thread and PMd you in private. If you want to break internet etiquette or feel the need to publicly shame me, go ahead. I simply asked you to put your money where your mouth is. It's easy to play tough online.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've got like 6 roar Nats titles, couple snowbirds, 2 Vegas wins and countless other championships just throwin it out there lol

Apparently I built a lot of Australian nationals winning motors too
Old 10-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

And I got peeled by Stuart
Old 10-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
And I got peeled by Stuart
That's because Stuart is ruthless.

As I told a few here, when he wasn't going to be running Scale Spec last Saturday he told me, "Hey, I won't be beating you in Scale Spec tonight". I found his wording very fitting and quite funny, in his mind I already lost
Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Be nice boys and girls... Let's keep our thread on topic.

Theres ups and downs to both ways. In the end we are doing what's the bulk of the club wants and likes. It is called qualifying right?... I don't want to debate it as it's what we are doing for the season. Bring it up at the next meeting and the CC will review it for the following season.

K
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

while on topic of qualifying, was there ever qualifying based on fastest lap?
Old 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
while on topic of qualifying, was there ever qualifying based on fastest lap?
Don't think we've ever done that. Maybe for F1 if my memory is right. Maybe that was back at SIR for a race we did... It's not even an option in the software I think.

Anyone can toss one good fast lap down. That's why IIC went to fast 3 consecutive laps for qual seeding over single fast lap.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
As I told a few here, when he wasn't going to be running Scale Spec last Saturday he told me, "Hey, I won't be beating you in Scale Spec tonight". I found his wording very fitting and quite funny, in his mind I already lost
At the Hangar last night, I took Stuart's Scale Spec car for a couple laps. It was pretty bad. When I opted not to steal it off his pit table and go fix it, I told myself it was because it didn't have a battery in it, so I couldn't check balance / ride height / tweak / etc. But if I'm totally honest, I think the real reason I left it alone is because I'm not sure we need him to be getting any faster just yet.

I do seem to be turning into Kyle's personal mechanic, though. Maybe I'll just pit by race central next time.

-Mike
Old 10-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
At the Hangar last night, I took Stuart's Scale Spec car for a couple laps. It was pretty bad. When I opted not to steal it off his pit table and go fix it, I told myself it was because it didn't have a battery in it, so I couldn't check balance / ride height / tweak / etc. But if I'm totally honest, I think the real reason I left it alone is because I'm not sure we need him to be getting any faster just yet.

I do seem to be turning into Kyle's personal mechanic, though. Maybe I'll just pit by race central next time.

-Mike
Stuart and I actually talked a bunch on Wednesday after he gave my XV-01 E30 rally car a thorough thrashing in the hangar. I asked him when he's going to start wrenching on his own cars and he claimed that dad won't let him. I figured Todd just wants to make sure that Stuart's cars were set up properly to make him competitive, but maybe there is a different reason?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Todd won't let him, which is a good idea, he is liable to get frustrated and quit lol, like me working on my stuff
Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Perhaps you should consider how you come off on here to people who don't "know you". If it's worth $5 in your opinion, you wouldn't pull it out as a hypothetical trump card.

As a side note, I decided to keep the drama out of the public thread and PMd you in private. If you want to break internet etiquette or feel the need to publicly shame me, go ahead. I simply asked you to put your money where your mouth is. It's easy to play tough online.
as per Kodys request I will play nice.

this is me being nice

I am way past giving a crap how I come off, have been for a long time, I don't care if the dress makes butt look big. I didn't put it on for you. Never said the championship was worth $5. I said it plus a 5 would buy a cup of coffee, and it wasn't put out there as a trump card. lets review. my comment about novice starting better then mod was a over statement and I assumed (yea my fault) that it would be taken that way. your calling BS I assumed wasn't meant as an attack (again my fault) so I replied with what I thought was a funny. (followed by the little laughing face).....everybody with me so far, good, your PM was a straight up attack, which tells me your "BS" post was also, otherwise my "nationals" reply wouldn't have upset you so much. A little more Holiday Inn wisdom... it is impossible for me to publicly shame you unless your ashamed of what you wrote. as far as "internet etiquette" now you make me laugh.. I know not what that is lol. I think by now everyone understands I wasn't playing tough online with you.

as far as putting my money where my mouth is, Turtlemaster Racing has been doing that for years. no need to go into details. I have an opinion and I express it. if you don't like way it comes off, tough. you don't get to challenge me, you haven't earned it. on the track or off. so there

PM from METALNUT....

Ah, there it is. Thank you for proving my theories about you. I'm sure everyone around our club appreciates your attitude. Tell you what... you bring your national championship trophy, I'll bring my university diploma and a stub of my paycheck. We can have a sword fight.

And if you'd like to tell me what I can and cannot do, please tell me that in person. I insist. In fact, I can't wait.

22SCT, B4.2 & B4.1, XV-01, Spec-R R1, SP1, Wraith, Truggy 'Pede

PS, and thanks for sharing your Theories, hope you enjoyed mine...
Old 10-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Places to race this Saturday in the NW...

Well....

If your looking to race this weekend, NORA and TZll both are hosting a club race this Saturday. Its NORA's opening day on fresh rug. Same gen as H30 so grip will be decent in about 20 laps!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

........well, that escalated quickly....

Moving on now, Kyle! Where's that race report!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.