Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spec Scale

How many peeps are planning on running Spec Scale on Sunday? If FedEx and UPS shipment tracking is to be believed, it looks as if my Spec Scale body/tires/etc. will show up in time to paint and be ready for Sunday. And I'm hoping there are enough peeps that I will get my rear handed to me .
Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
This was discussed at Rain City back in the day... People were complaining of less traction at one point and time and blamed it on Weylin and myself for cleaning our tires with wd-40. What they didn't realize is the overall temperatures were much lower reducing the traction of the track, therefore we found something that helped us maintain that level of traction more. It was put to rest and no one really thought of it again.

I don't feel the cleaner really has much to do with anything. Overall... you're getting paragon in the track, not whatever you clean with.
Are you sure people weren't just blaming you and Weylin because...........well I can't think of a reason. Maybe it was because its easy to blame you guys.

Steve
Old 09-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was planning on running scale spec this weekend. In fact I have a 190mm Altezza for it.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Are you sure people weren't just blaming you and Weylin because...........well I can't think of a reason. Maybe it was because its easy to blame you guys.

Steve
Well... I'm sure you guys could blame me for all sorts of stuff even now
Old 09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Now don't beat me up, but what is going to happen when the NWIC comes to town? You are a paragon track NWIC is a jack only series??
You can't spec another club's decisions regarding how to best manage their assets. It's our track, not the NWIC's. And I mean "you" in the royal sense. I'm not beating on you--Devin--at all.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey guys if anyones interested Ive got a few things for sale, a tc5r with tons of parts and a 3pks with spektrum module. If your interested pm me and Ill get the links to the for sale threads. Id be willing to make a little better deal to my club homies.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
but what if i figure out cleaning my tires with wd 40 and NOT using paragon works better for me? am i not basically using wd40 for traction compound?
esp if i really really clean my tires good by letting the wd40 set on the tires for a while before wiping off

doesn't have to be a rule, just a understanding
Then that would be using WD40 as traction compound.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loriding69
Wow, Cleaning and saucing rules and regs! What's next color of wheel nuts that's allowed.

Yes, i said that as a funny but on the real!

Not really a new guy, but I am new to carpet racing (wanting to try it out) this seems like alot i have to worry about. Not only do i have to buy different tires but I have to buy cleaners and traction compound. Is there no way to keep it simple like outdoors?
by keeping it simple you mean like, clean with buggy grip, apply tweak, heat to 150 for 23 minutes, wipe off excess, apply death grip and let dry.

actually what hits the carpet stays on/in the carpet so you can't be mixxing different compounds, at the IIC it was motor spray to clean tires and jack the gripper only, traction was crazy.

kinda like off road, in the morning when the track is wet you use x, when it dries you use y, sometimes you apply x let sit for 5 minutes, wipe off and they apply y. its not really any different.

Last edited by skypilot; 09-15-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You guys aren't making leaving town for biking this weekend any easier. I've got a hankering for some 1/12 carpet action! Please post pics/race report so I can relive it on Monday!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
You guys aren't making leaving town for biking this weekend any easier. I've got a hankering for some 1/12 carpet action! Please post pics/race report so I can relive it on Monday!
Oh yeah there is definitely going to be some sweet 1/12th action this weekend. It may be the best of the year. Hopefully there is not a media blackout on the event, I would hate for those that aren't there to miss out seeing how good a time we had.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
Oh yeah there is definitely going to be some sweet 1/12th action this weekend. It may be the best of the year. Hopefully there is not a media blackout on the event, I would hate for those that aren't there to miss out seeing how good a time we had.

Jeez, rub it in! I can't complain. But really looking forward to the next weekend race!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default 12 Scale

I have a Gen X 12 scale that I would like to sell. Complete with steering servo, body and spare parts. PM me for details if interested.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
I'm thinking about bring out my 12th scale ,So what's the hot ticket tires set up and rolll out? thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Me stupid

Going to show my ignorance here.. Wanting to run spec class, using a 68 camaro body( i know how original), can I run Roar VTA tires and wheels? If my understanding is correct spec class is vta and rcgt? Buying tires today and don't want the wrong ones.

Grant
Old 09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Going to show my ignorance here.. Wanting to run spec class, using a 68 camaro body( i know how original), can I run Roar VTA tires and wheels? If my understanding is correct spec class is vta and rcgt? Buying tires today and don't want the wrong ones.

Grant
I've got the 2009 ROAR rulebook in front of me. ROAR calls for treaded replica tires, no sanding allowed. They do not otherwise spec the brand.

Our race bible calls for HPI vintage treaded, or vintage slick. D Compounds. I've seen both treaded and slick on plenty of VTA cars, and I believe I've seen treads on Mark Brown's car, and you don't get much faster than him at VTA.

Bottom line, ROAR's spec is a little more restrictive than ours, so it clearly falls within our rules. The HPI thing is moot, since I'm not aware of another company that makes tires for the class.

Hope this gets to you in time, Grant.

Todd M.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.