Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Yesssss. Race day!
kinda pissed... just got MINI esc at 3:30 today. i really wanted to run the MINI... i guess ill be racing my other sedan in scale spec.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -jacob-
kinda pissed... just got MINI esc at 3:30 today. i really wanted to run the MINI... i guess ill be racing my other sedan in scale spec.
You know, it is actually possible to put electronics in a car and run it without creating an internationally-acclaimed work of art.

-Mike
Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Might be up there after the wife gets home, it's super hard to get outa the house when my kid won't eat haha
Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
You know, it is actually possible to put electronics in a car and run it without creating an internationally-acclaimed work of art.

-Mike

yeah i know.... just me being picky ....
glad to take the Ta05 out for scale spec though... i think im going to put the Mini on the shelf for just for asphalt (Galaxy and TCS)... I had more fun driving the Sedan on scale spec compared to the MINI... Not unless we end up getting a class for MINI then i am in... but if its going against the Sedan... my Mini just gets crushed... doesnt help specially being a newbie...
Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 2 Results

Our second night of Hanger 30 racing built on a successful initial effort be adding 5 more entries, for a total of 30 cars. We also welcomed 8 racers who were attending their first Hanger event of the season. Yes, this program is off to a solid start, let’s keep the momentum going!

Before getting into the night’s results, we have a few housekeeping items to address. First, please check the heat sheets and have your tires, batteries, bodies and minds prepped for your heats. We saw unnecessary delays last night and out of respect for everyone in the Hanger I think we can tighten up our individual programs and get a few more minutes of pillow time. I will also commit to tightening up things on the Race Director side. Along the same lines, please remember to set your cars down after your heat and turn right back around to corner marshal. Last thing is a courtesy reminder of our tech requirements, which can be found for all classes on the club’s website. We will include self-tech inspections (ride height, battery and weight) for all classes beginning 10/23, so come prepared to quickly tech your cars next time around. Now on to the results for the night…

Stock 1/12th main got interesting when Erik Rikansrud took to the rug to give Stuart a hard time, pushing Mini-Mason for a full 8 minutes. But as the case has been for several weeks, Stuart was not to be denied, stamping the results with an emphatic grand slam: TQ, Fast Lap, and the win. Only time will tell if Stuart is turning into a young(er) Sebastian Vettel, let’s just hope he’s better that Vettel at holstering his trigger finger.

Stock Touring saw Korey join the ranks of Hanger racers this season, mixing it up with Mike Ruete and Kuney for about 10 laps before stretching out his lead and eventual win. Panos “Greek Streak” Antonopoulos appeared to struggle with excess traction, finishing three laps behind the lead pack. Rumor has it he’ll be switching from Jack to SXT on his morning bagel, which ought to fix the traction issue.

World GT saw a smaller showing than the first night due to a couple regulars being absent, but the racing was no less entertaining. The main saw only Panda and Todd make the opening bell, but they were determined to entertain the crowd as well as each other. What transpired was one of the more physical WGT rounds in recent memory, at times looking more like a game of tag than proper racing. Kody hitched-up to Todd’s bumper, dicing, diving, bumping and at times slamming one another around the circuit. Todd led most of the race, losing then regaining the lead twice before Panda took the lead and eventual win.

Scale Spec had another strong night, adding 5 cars from the Hanger opener for a total of 15 entries. The Mini contingent, led by Jesse and Mike Anderson, showed well and mixed it up with the entire SS grid, demonstrating yet again the M-chassis is legit and a heck of a lot of fun. 15 cars meant we had full B and A mains, with the bump coming to Yours Truly after constant pressure from Dennis and Jesse. The A main saw Mike Ruete continue his dominance in the class, taking the win. Steve Anderson, however, was not going to make it easy on Mike, holding the 2 spot the full 6:00 and claiming fast lap. The tightest action on the track was from a 3-way battle between Stuart, Adam Gorski and myself for the final 3 minutes. Adam is quickly shedding his “new guy” reputation, showing his raw speed by turning a fast lap only 0.2 off Steve Anderson’s top mark of 10.86. Performances like that have placed the entire SS field on notice: Adam comes to play.

So all in all, another good night of racing. Here are a couple closing observations:
  • One of the things I appreciate most about this club are the members and their dedication to the greater good. When I walked into the Hanger at 4:30, Chris Perry was sweeping the 2900 square foot race area with a broom he must have borrowed from his Aunt Mabel. This thing was 8” wide, made of straw, and must have been 15 years old. That’s dedication.
  • Mike Ruete’s recent surge in performance has come while driving his wife’s (rather pedestrian) grocery getter, leaving his impressive Subaru STI parked. Maybe the lack of horsepower in his daily driver channels the killer instinct into his carpet program. Something for us all to think about….and if that’s the case, there’s a Geo Metro I’ve been eyeing on Craigslist…consider yourselves warned.
Results are below, thanks for another great night of racing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (49.3 KB, 81 views)
Round2.txt (50.2 KB, 74 views)
Round3.txt (34.3 KB, 101 views)
Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Mike Ruete’s recent surge in performance has come while driving his wife’s (rather pedestrian) grocery getter, leaving his impressive Subaru STI parked. Maybe the lack of horsepower in his daily driver channels the killer instinct into his carpet program. Something for us all to think about….and if that’s the case, there’s a Geo Metro I’ve been eyeing on Craigslist…consider yourselves warned.
Hah! I've been daily-driving the STI, and have not been gentle with the back-roads of Woodinville, the roundabouts (chicanes, let's be honest) on 202, or the on-ramp from W. Lake Sammamish Parkway to 520 West.

The only reason I've been driving Golf car to the races, is because it's easier to put the pit bag in the trunk, than it is in the back seat of the STI, and it doesn't move around so much.

-Mike
Old 10-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like it when Korey gets out his car.... confetti, horns and clowns pop out
Old 10-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Don't forget the Penis sticker!

The MINI is coming around. I can now make 4 respectable minutes of racing until the Voodoo evilness comes out and the car goes all over the place.

I do think I'm going to pick up another TC sometime soon. Time to get back to Stock racing.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Getting a WGT ready for Saturday night, Could somebody( Garrett/Todd/Wes ) give Me a ballpark for rollout/gearing. Killshot from Kody, don't quite grasp the extra rotor, look inside and it looks like the same thing???? anyway, Tires 54mm(aka Todd meister).

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
Getting a WGT ready for Saturday night, Could somebody( Garrett/Todd/Wes ) give Me a ballpark for rollout/gearing. Killshot from Kody, don't quite grasp the extra rotor, look inside and it looks like the same thing???? anyway, Tires 54mm(aka Todd meister).

Thanks,
Mike
1. Leave the rotor that's loaded in it IN! Its the same size rotor but is much stronger.

2. Cut your tires down to at least 53. That's even pushing it for our grip. I started at 53 then mowed to 52 then to 51. I have 4 club races on them and can go 1 maybe two more!

3. Leave the timing where its at and start with a 45/88!

K
Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

D3.5 was at 37/88, I'm out to lunch on gearing so far this year lol
Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Old 10-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Guys, Good to have different opinions.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had to begrudgingly admit that 55's are perhaps a bit too donkish for carpet racing. My next set will start at 53 as Kody suggests.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I've had to begrudgingly admit that 55's are perhaps a bit too donkish for carpet racing. My next set will start at 53 as Kody suggests.
55's??? You could run those on a SC if you wanted You would hit the sweet spot about half way through the season. LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.