Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Does anyone know what tires will be legal for Mod Sedan this coming season? Will they be the same as last year, or will there be different/new options?

Thanks a bunch!
Sam
Sound like the Mod classes tires are open except the big races
Old 08-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Where'd you get that idea? Last year was Sweep QTS32, Solaris Medium(?), or Jaco Blue.

-Mike
Old 08-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
The mod spec tire rules need to remove some extra unneeded words.

If left, the bit about "Big Race tires" should be in quotes, or better yet, removed entirely. It is a discription of what is used at most big races across the USA. We only have one "big" race a year, the Emerald City Classic, and it happens to be a spec tire for mod ,*if* memory serves correct ?

The way I read it FOR MOD TC only for all regular club events :
Sweep QTS 32, Solaris Mediums, Jaco Blues.

For stock TC it was and will probably continue to be the Sweep 32 spec tire that we have used, unless there is a better tire / wheel combo available. Both durable and long lasting with adequate performance...

http://seattlercracers.com/specsrules/

Jake D.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Both,

I live/work too far away to make it mid week and get home early enough to be productive the next morning.
Ditto
Old 08-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Speaking of F1, here is one for sale with some other gear:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/12413966-post10884.html
Old 08-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
The mod spec tire rules need to remove some extra unneeded words.

If left, the bit about "Big Race tires" should be in quotes, or better yet, removed entirely. It is a discription of what is used at most big races across the USA. We only have one "big" race a year, the Emerald City Classic, and it happens to be a spec tire for mod ,*if* memory serves correct ?

The way I read it FOR MOD TC only for all regular club events :
Sweep QTS 32, Solaris Mediums, Jaco Blues.

For stock TC it was and will probably continue to be the Sweep 32 spec tire that we have used, unless there is a better tire / wheel combo available. Both durable and long lasting with adequate performance...

http://seattlercracers.com/specsrules/

Jake D.
Thanks Jake! I wasn't sure if the rules were going to change... we're already getting ready for the indoor season
Old 08-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Rest assured that F-1 is 99% cemented into Sat night. Rest assured that 5 & + cars make a class. That also means that if F-1 can't sustain itself on Sat night, it won't run, same for Wgt. Novice, SS, stock tc, are will be run at both venues.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hopefully it will all work itself out, the classes and people will set the classes in stone, with the steam last year carried I don't think it's gonna be an issue
Old 08-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Jake! I wasn't sure if the rules were going to change... we're already getting ready for the indoor season
Keep in mind, I'm not on the competition committee, but I try to keep my ear to the ground and eyes open. Nothing I say should ever be taken seriously anyway! ... So, never mind !
Old 08-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Keep in mind, I'm not on the competition committee, but I try to keep my ear to the ground and eyes open. Nothing I say should ever be taken seriously anyway! ... So, never mind !
Haha! OK, maybe I'll wait on ordering those tires...
Old 08-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Haha! OK, maybe I'll wait on ordering those tires...
I am on the comp committee, and I don't even know whats going on... just kidding. Its been a busy summer, but we have had a few conversations and hopefully will be able to answer these kinds of questions soon enough for all to get supplies rolling in.

One of the main things that came up a little while ago was regarding the new Novak 25.5 motor, called the "BOSS". For those that didn't catch the post, it is legal, it eventually will be the only 25.5 available as they phase out stock of the previous models. It is no faster, just a vented can version. Those that tested found a slight decrease in temps, but no performance difference.

Also, if something sounds weird about how a rule has been worded, let us know. Now is a good time. Sometimes those that make the rules have talked about it so much that we know what we mean, but it doesn't always get on paper to mean the same thing to everyone else.

Summer is still here, have fun, carpet time soon.

-a
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is 12th scale only on Wednesdays?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

No.... both. The Wednesday night guys can't make up there mind on motor for stock
Old 08-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Combined classes?

Question for the WGT and F1 guys.....

Would you be opposed to combining WGT and F1 unless both classes have the minimum of 5 entries? I raced F1 a few times this summer with some 1/12 GT cars and it wasn't bad at all. I realize different tires, motor, battery etc. will make for different speeds, but if it guarantees that guys like Mark and Ed can drive from Northern California (or wherever the heck they are) and have a night of racing, wouldn't it be worth considering? Look at the WEC (24 of Lemans, Sebring, etc.) with Prototype and GT cars running together, seems like it could work, at least as a safety net to ensure people get to race.

Thoughts?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Question for the WGT and F1 guys.....

Would you be opposed to combining WGT and F1 unless both classes have the minimum of 5 entries? I raced F1 a few times this summer with some 1/12 GT cars and it wasn't bad at all. I realize different tires, motor, battery etc. will make for different speeds, but if it guarantees that guys like Mark and Ed can drive from Northern California (or wherever the heck they are) and have a night of racing, wouldn't it be worth considering? Look at the WEC (24 of Lemans, Sebring, etc.) with Prototype and GT cars running together, seems like it could work, at least as a safety net to ensure people get to race.

Thoughts?
I remember this was brought up before. I think the sheer speed (and handling) differences between WGT and F1 would make that a painful experience. In my humble opinion it'd work better if F1 raced with Scale Spec, and WGT raced with Touring sedans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.