Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 07-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lookin good! Definetly tell that's a city job haha

Is the floor dirty or are they prepping it for resurface?
Old 07-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anyone know if Novak edge can be used for the Scale Spec?

thank you
Old 07-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -jacob-

thank you
Yes, any roar approved blinky speedo will do
Old 07-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

thank you
That's what I use for scale spec.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Yes, the Novak Edge is legal in Scale Spec.

If you didn't already buy the Edge, an excellent alternative is the HobbyWing Justock. At their full retail price of $51, the Justock might be impossible to beat. They work awesome, even in Stock Touring. I used to run premium, brand-name ESCs but, after trying the Justock, that's all I run now, except in my Mod car (has a HobbyWing v3 in it).

If you'd like to test drive one of my Justock cars tomorrow at Galaxy, you're welcome to do so.

Bill S.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hanger 30?

I stopped by the hobby store by the South Center Mall and someone mentioned hanger 30 in Seattle. Is the track in Seattle? I used to be into off-raod but I want to race 1/10 touring stock and would really like to race with you guys. If guys don't mind another racer can someone PM me the info? Thanks.

Sean
Old 07-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean7187
I stopped by the hobby store by the South Center Mall and someone mentioned hanger 30 in Seattle. Is the track in Seattle? I used to be into off-raod but I want to race 1/10 touring stock and would really like to race with you guys. If guys don't mind another racer can someone PM me the info? Thanks.

Sean
seattlercracers.com

That's the place to go for all the information regarding our programs at Magnusen Park in Seattle. Carpet racing season is September-April, there are some other outdoor on road programs running right now; the site can get you the information about them.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sean
Hi Sean,

Looks like you live in Federal Way. Currently the best local *SUMMER* race program that is close to you is Fantasy World Hobbies in Tacoma ( next regular club race is Sunday the 28th ), then after that its the biggest outdoor race of the area , also at Fantasy World Hobbies race location ( Home Depot Parking lot ) is the 28th Annual Summer Sizzler August 10th and 11th ( practice on the 9th for most of the day ).
Its really a great event on a nice smooth parking lot that pulls a lot of great talent from the area. Stock and modified TC as well as VTA and Gas cars. Stop by and say hello.

p.s. Also check out the www.northwestasphaltchallenge.com
its a multi track race series. There are only a couple races left in the series.

That being said, the indoor carpet season is not too far off but you could get a good jump on researching the best chassis for you etc, if you come check out some outdoor racing in advance of the carpet season.

Cheers,

Jake D.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

I will be there this Sunday for some outdoor racing. I am currently building a sakura zero s chassis. I just got in my 17.5 stock speed passion motor. I can't wait to come out and set my new car up. I am still waiting for my new lipo and radio to come in so I won't be there to race, but hopfully I will be able to learn a few things. However I should be there to race for that big event in Aug. what tires do you guys run and do you use any tire "glue"? Will there be another local race before the event in Aug? I really need some help with car setup, this is my first time with stock touring. Thanks again for the info !

Sean
Old 07-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Sean,
You should have no problem picking up info, most of the Hangar guys race there and are super helpful. The Hangar's a good place to race, the season opener's just around the corner....
Old 07-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will be there this Sunday for some outdoor racing. I am currently building a sakura zero s chassis. I just got in my 17.5 stock speed passion motor. I can't wait to come out and set my new car up. I am still waiting for my new lipo and radio to come in so I won't be there to race, but hopfully I will be able to learn a few things. However I should be there to race for that big event in Aug. what tires do you guys run and do you use any tire "glue"? Will there be another local race before the event in Aug? I really need some help with car setup, this is my first time with stock touring. Thanks again for the info !

Sean
Hey Sean,

After this Sunday at FW there is a NW asphalt challenge race at Fastrax in Monroe on August 3rd ( Saturday ) but its not a casual club event. Then it's the Sizzler...
The tires are open for club races at FW and at the sizzler and the most common used tire additive is Paragon FX II.
There is an onroad track in Bremerton ( BRCR ) but I don't know what their schedule is. It is permanent ( previously a tennis court ), so practice is easier to schedule for youself.
See you Sunday !
Cheers,
Jake D.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Novak Boss 25.5 #3626V Legal for Scale Spec

The Comp Committee has reviewed the question of whether the new Novak Boss 25.5 motor (sku#: 3626V) should be legal for Scale Spec, and the answer is: yes.

1. It has been confirmed with Novak USA that they are migrating to the Boss motor and are selling out the existing stock of SS and Ballistic models.

2. USVTA, the rules-making organization for the VTA class has approved the Boss for official VTA races. While it's true we deviate from the USVTA rules in certain areas, the brushless motor rules have been our firm guideline from the inception of the Scale Spec class.

3. The SS and Ballistic 25.5's which have been legal will continue to be so going forward.

Thanks for reading.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Hey Sean,

After this Sunday at FW there is a NW asphalt challenge race at Fastrax in Monroe on August 3rd ( Saturday ) but its not a casual club event. Then it's the Sizzler...
The tires are open for club races at FW and at the sizzler and the most common used tire additive is Paragon FX II.
There is an onroad track in Bremerton ( BRCR ) but I don't know what their schedule is. It is permanent ( previously a tennis court ), so practice is easier to schedule for youself.
See you Sunday !
Cheers,
Jake D.
I just wanted to put this out there and ask... To anyone going to Aug 3rds Asphalt Challenge; Can someone please help me setup my new car, I'm not trying to take up anyones race day with questions but I just don't know much about on-road rc racing. I know it has a lot to do with car setup and that is something I hardly know anything about. If anyone is willing to help please let me know, maybe we can meet up before race day or before practice starts on race day. Thank you everyone... you have all been a wealth of information.

Sean
Old 07-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

I just wanted to put this out there and ask... To anyone going to Aug 3rds Asphalt Challenge; Can someone please help me setup my new car, I'm not trying to take up anyones race day with questions but I just don't know much about on-road rc racing. I know it has a lot to do with car setup and that is something I hardly know anything about. If anyone is willing to help please let me know, maybe we can meet up before race day or before practice starts on race day. Thank you everyone... you have all been a wealth of information.

Sean
As Jake mentioned, Aug 3rd everybody will be in full race mode and may not have time for that. Your best bet would be to come to the Fantasy World club race this sunday, it will be a more laid back club race atmosphere and if you come early enough you can learn how to build an rc track! lol

If you make it on Sunday i can show you some touring car fundamentals, what chassis do you run?

Matt Adkison
Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

oh i scrolled up and read, Sakura S zero :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.