OK im officially in over my head.

Just entered IIC 2013, 17.5 1/12th and 13.5 WGT

Somebody has to win the H main right?

Any other HangerHeads heading down?
I should this year..I'm getting too old for next year....lol
Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Maybe to party and watch the wgt modified main!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone come from Bremerton or Port Orchard area to race? What time does racing get done on Weds and Saturday nights and which day is better for racing 12th scale Novice?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFrazer
Does anyone come from Bremerton or Port Orchard area to race? What time does racing get done on Weds and Saturday nights and which day is better for racing 12th scale Novice?
This will be the first season with both a Wednesday and Saturday program, so it's hard to say what class attendance will look like on each.

I can say, though, that we don't typically have novices running 12th scale. Our Novice class is usually made up of people running the loaners or their own 1/10 touring car with either a Scale Spec setup, or a Stock Touring setup. While I think we'd allow a 1/12 scale car to run in Novice, I wouldn't recommend it, because it can get a bit rough out there. That being said, if you've got some racing under your belt and you're just new to 1/12 scale, I'm sure you'd do just fine in the regular 17.5 1/12 class.

I'm assuming Saturday classes will be similar/same to last year, but it remains to be seen what the Weds classes are. There's been some talk of doing 13.5 1/12 on Weds.

-Mike
Old 07-09-2013, 12:41 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Mike
you will do just fine..just sign up for 12th scale and be ready to go..
Old 07-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

To add to grippgoat's post above, in my short time in Novice last season I saw one 1/12th scale (stock) car play in the field. The result wasn't too good, namely from all the carnage around that fragile little car. It can be done and it was allowed, but I don't think it's the best of ideas if you value your chassis.

The Saturday races usually got out around midnight, but that's assuming you stick around to the final race. It's a bit later if you help with cleanup (always nice to do). If you left right after the novice race, I think you'd be out around 11-ish or maybe a tad sooner.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Do you have to sign up for the season or just per race? I still need to get tires and pinions to run it since I just got it together about a week ago. might take it out to testing tonight at BRCR. Any chance for a Legends class?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We have had several relative newcomers do 1/12 in the regular class and it turned out ok, everybody is fairly patient here and we will help however we can
Old 07-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Do you have to sign up for the season or just per race? I still need to get tires and pinions to run it since I just got it together about a week ago. might take it out to testing tonight at BRCR. Any chance for a Legends class?
Just show up to a race and the entry fee will be collected once the track is up and running.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

There has been no chatter or interest in Legends. 17.5 12th has been rather civilized for new comers, but there are rather experienced drivers in that class that are very willing to offer assistance. Right now, 17.5 and mod 12 are on the line up for Sat night. Wed is yet to be decided as to what class will be in the best interest for the program. It's possible that 13.5 spec is at the forefront. The carpet for Wed night has not been purchased yet, so many things need to come together first!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
There has been no chatter or interest in Legends. 17.5 12th has been rather civilized for new comers, but there are rather experienced drivers in that class that are very willing to offer assistance. Right now, 17.5 and mod 12 are on the line up for Sat night. Wed is yet to be decided as to what class will be in the best interest for the program. It's possible that 13.5 spec is at the forefront. The carpet for Wed night has not been purchased yet, so many things need to come together first!
Since things are being discussed right now, let me ask about something that I've heard others talk about fairly often, namely practice time.

When we set up the Saturday carpet, there is at max 1 hour of practice, then a few minutes between rotations, otherwise just qualifiers. That may be fine if your car is dialed and you're a seasoned driver, but it sucks for less experienced folks or people still hunting their perfect setup. So... since we'll have two race nights, are we (can we?) plan for more practice time?

I can think of two ways of achieving this:

1. Split up the classes between the two nights in a way that packs less classes per each night, thus giving more practice time before racing starts.

2. Keep Saturday as packed as before, but designate more time for practice on Wednesday. This option seems less fair/balanced, but I'm throwing it out there.

The nice thing about permanent tracks is the amount of practice you can get on them. That is the one thing I'd love to improve with the temporary carpet nights.

Discuss among yourselves
Old 07-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

What tires should I get to run for the carpet on a 12R5?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What tires should I get to run for the carpet on a 12R5?
Stock you will wanna go with black/yellow, now since you are just starting out I would try and find someone with some used tires cause you will chunk them, or glue the sidewalls, it gets frustrating when you spend the time to true a new shines set of foams just to have them chunk on the first run, most anyone that runs 1/12 will have lots of last years tires I'm sure if you went around you could gather enough to get you through a handful of club races.

As for help, we'll most anyone there with a pan car is a good source, for the most part everyone is willing to help. Try to grab someone havin a good night lol
Doesn't take long to get a pan car all tweaked and ready to hit the track, definetly have someone give it a once over.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes, practice. Practice is nice. Our chats have gone cold temporarily while we get through the holiday and some other subjects have popped up. Not to bust the bunny out of the hat too early and only to stuff it back in.... here's what we are focusing on.

Sat night: Novice, SS, Stock & Mod TC, Stock & Mod 12, F-1

Wed night: Novice, SS, Stock TC, Some form of 12 - either 17.5 or 13.5, WGT

Since the Hangar is still under construction, we do not know the outcome of the floor. Rumors still circle that "something" may get done to the floor. If that something is smoothing it out, it could open the door for mod classes. Currently the floor is not that enjoyable for mod.

We are moving WGT to Wed night to drop some of the time load from Sat evening. We wanted to move F-1 as well, but the majority of the F-1 drivers travel in from too far a distance and it would snuff the class if run on Wed nights.

Since the schedule has been posted as race nights, practice days/nights will have to be added. We have to rent the place, so a charge has to be collected. People have to commit to set up and tear down (this is a real toughie!)

The Gym can not start any sooner then 5pm when BB season is going, sometimes we get the place at 4. It takes about 45 minutes to fully set up.

The Hangar could get set up in 25 minutes starting at 5p with the first heat going off at 7p. With a slightly smaller and simpler track, I suspect it could be done in 20 minutes with everyone's help.

We do have to mesh with other programs that are scheduling out for time. Todd works this all out, he will have the finger on the pulse of availability.

An open practice day is not an easy request as much as we all want it. I'd love to have the place to myself with scorning up, but I know it doesn't happen without everyone's help.

Brian
Old 07-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Yes, practice. Practice is nice. Our chats have gone cold temporarily while we get through the holiday and some other subjects have popped up. Not to bust the bunny out of the hat too early and only to stuff it back in.... here's what we are focusing on.

Sat night: Novice, SS, Stock & Mod TC, Stock & Mod 12, F-1

Wed night: Novice, SS, Stock TC, Some form of 12 - either 17.5 or 13.5, WGT

Since the Hangar is still under construction, we do not know the outcome of the floor. Rumors still circle that "something" may get done to the floor. If that something is smoothing it out, it could open the door for mod classes. Currently the floor is not that enjoyable for mod.

We are moving WGT to Wed night to drop some of the time load from Sat evening. We wanted to move F-1 as well, but the majority of the F-1 drivers travel in from too far a distance and it would snuff the class if run on Wed nights.

Since the schedule has been posted as race nights, practice days/nights will have to be added. We have to rent the place, so a charge has to be collected. People have to commit to set up and tear down (this is a real toughie!)

The Gym can not start any sooner then 5pm when BB season is going, sometimes we get the place at 4. It takes about 45 minutes to fully set up.

The Hangar could get set up in 25 minutes starting at 5p with the first heat going off at 7p. With a slightly smaller and simpler track, I suspect it could be done in 20 minutes with everyone's help.

We do have to mesh with other programs that are scheduling out for time. Todd works this all out, he will have the finger on the pulse of availability.

An open practice day is not an easy request as much as we all want it. I'd love to have the place to myself with scorning up, but I know it doesn't happen without everyone's help.

Brian
I am all for more practice... (god knows i need it). Im not sure tryin to do a practice in the gym is all that practical, setup and teardown being what it is.
The practices we have had in the hanger in the past went well... rather popular even. maybe do a sign up.. im sure some would volunteer to do track setup or teardown.. the only thing i would not be sure about is the timing system. how long do we leave the track up/rent then hanger? do we try to add a wed night or do a weekend day? (my vote is for the weekend) as i remember the hangar rent was easily paid for with a modest turn out at $10 a head, maybe $15 would be better? and i thought structured practice worked out well. having too many different classes on the track at once does make it difficult to string together clean laps and kind of defeats the purpose of a practice day..

thats my take on it anyhow.....

Erik

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.