Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Working this weekend... Have fun guys.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Great racing last night
Mike: Your car is dialed and you drove it like a pro. I had the pedal to the floor and it just wasn't enough!
Also, I owe everyone in the 17.5 main an apology for my crappy driving. I let the meat-grinder coming out of the chicane get under my skin and
flipped into heat-seeker mode. Sorry guys.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

last week I neglected to post the Scale Spec B main.
here it is :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v0pJxxa3jg
Old 03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Night

A beautiful day outside in the yard with the family capped off by a fun and competitive night of racing with my friends. What could be better?! The race program continues to hustle along with 59 entries on the night and the usual intense battles across the classes.

Forgive me for callling out my own son's battle in the Scale Spec B, but he's still smiling about it this morning. Matt and Stuart raced hard for the 3rd spot after Stuart dumped it early on and had to fight back through the field. He made a robust but clean racer's pass on Matt in the final lap and kept it together to the finish line. Kuney otherwise dominated the night with a TQ and win in the main.

Kuney also delivered in Stock 12th, though not before Grant forced him to dig in and keep it real. Ron was also in the hunt as he continues to up his game and add laps to his runs as the season progresses. The racing is good in this class, and it's fun to see new racers join in and experience the pan car thrill.

We had Novices. Such a good thing. And, so it's known and understood. We had a new racer show up with his own gear that he has invested for this hobby. One part of it was a brand new MyLaps RC4 transponder. Which, for now, is useless with our timing and scoring. That will remain the case through the close of our season on April 20. But then, we will be updating our decoder. In the fall, we will be racing with the most current version of Amb timing and scoring. Be prepared.

While Panda was sorting out a new car, Jake threw down a fast qual in Mod TC and served notice that it's not a one-man thing at the front of the field. The Slavic Humor Sensation continues to dial his shaft drive wonder in with the mod motor to prove that it's not just a spec racing machine. For all the belt drive drama, it's the Russian engineered shafty that continues to impress with real innovation and versatility. Well driven, Jake! Kody is tough to beat always, and no one can credibly dispute that he is the master of benchcraft and a force on the track. His win in the main was proof of that, as if we needed reminding. But, it's good to see Jake able to keep him on his game. It's never a gimme in Mod!

Wes crushed his own track record in World GT. The Serpent beguiles and then strikes! Bodine gathered himself, though, and came through with some old school scaly ancient lizard race moves of his own in the main. Youth will prevail in the end, but old age, treachery, and guile will have their days. World GT should be a thriller in two weeks time at the ECC!

Stock Touring was it's usual big boys' battle. A bit more of a scrum than we like to see, as Brett alluded to earlier. But, it was hardly one driver's fault. It's tough racing in Stock TC. It's fast, of course, but the A drivers are well-sorted, so the action is in tight quarters. Thankfully not often, but it happens that one bump or brush at the front of the train quickly works back through the line and in a blink it all goes awry. Then it's every man to his own interest to escape and get clear of the pile. It sorted out. Malkinson was the big dog and tore his prime piece from the belly of the kill while the rest scrambled for the leftovers. So it goes in our deepest, fiercest class.

Finally, in Mod 12th, Sean is putting the razor edge to his blade just in time for the big race of our season. I don't care who rolls in, our own Maybell will be ready to cut carpet with the best. It was a great decision to take on the Mod 12th challenge this season. There is no faster way around the track. And while there is more to learn, much more, the footing for the class feels solid and we can continue to improve and build on this foundation. I commented to Brian before one of our heats that the great thing about Mod is that I just don't care what someone else's motor, or battery, or timing, or whatever, is. I've got as much speed as I can handle. It's racing unencumbered by anxiety over power parity and all that. It's a simple, straightforward proposition: how fast can you go for 8 minutes? Do what you need to do to get it there.

Two weeks until the Emerald City Classic! Get me your name and classes to [email protected].

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (64.8 KB, 73 views)
Round2.txt (66.7 KB, 64 views)
Round3.txt (54.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

link to playlist of All of March 23rd club races at SRCR

As I add more videos the playlist will be updated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R49oz...Rqndpx2tXKTAXH

note: I missed the start of the Scale Spec Bmain.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 03-24-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
place holder for videos to come !
Like Button!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Samwise
Like Button!
If only I didn't HATE FaceF#&k with a passion....
but I get it. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
We had Novices. Such a good thing. And, so it's known and understood. We had a new racer show up with his own gear that he has invested for this hobby. One part of it was a brand new MyLaps RC4 transponder. Which, for now, is useless with our timing and scoring. That will remain the case through the close of our season on April 20. But then, we will be updating our decoder. In the fall, we will be racing with the most current version of Amb timing and scoring. Be prepared.
I wanted to thank all of you for making me feel so welcome last night! My lack of experience is very clear, but everyone cheered me on and I even got some pats on the back. That really made my night and I'm going to double-down on getting back out there and trying to improve each time. You guys really are an awesome group, I super glad that I joined

As a side note, my RC4 transponder may be useless this season, but it does have a pretty blinking red LED, so it's not a total loss I poked a hole for the house transponder and will be using that, thank you for providing those!

P.S. During the novice main, I showed up to the driver's stand on time AND my LiPo didn't fall out in the corners, I'd call that an improvement

- Adam
Old 03-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
If only I didn't HATE FaceF#&k with a passion....
but I get it. Thanks.
Oops... sorry, I didn't know

Thanks for loading the awesome videos though! I appreciate them a lot
Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good to see everyone yesternight.

This video conversation reminds me of this fine piece:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(which you may have already seen on farcebook)
Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

That was a fun night of racing. I always forget until I'm racing it, how fun 12th scale really is. And for such a simple car, the maintenance and set ups sure are crucial. It's been a long time since I've run it and the between race routine needs some polishing. Thanks to Grant for some great battles both during qualifying and the main. Well done to Stuart as well, your improving with every run. What a pleasure to watch. And as Todd said, Ron in coming around nicely. Your welcome Cliffy, I'm always there to help you!!!
Scale spec was fun too, what a great group of competitors. Set a bar and watch it fall. I don't know if I'll get that track record back from Phil but I'm going to keep trying. I've given the 25.5 quite a try this year. The next couple races I think I'll try the silver can again. Maybe a new body is in order for the ECC!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Season points through Saturday's race are attached below.

Bill S.
Attached Files
Old 03-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIALED
Great racing last night
Mike: Your car is dialed and you drove it like a pro. I had the pedal to the floor and it just wasn't enough!
Also, I owe everyone in the 17.5 main an apology for my crappy driving. I let the meat-grinder coming out of the chicane get under my skin and
flipped into heat-seeker mode. Sorry guys.
Thanks Brett but I didn't wait long enough to let you by. I tapped you as you were passing then you got tangled up in traffic. I tried to wait a second time but the right thing to do was stay parked till you fully got by. You probably would have driven your usual clean race if I had done the right thing.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

ok, all videos posted from March 23rd race :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDslY...Rqndpx2tXKTAXH
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jake, Thanks for the time and energy to post those videos. I now "see" what I need to fix in my wgt to keep up with the new sheriff that's in town. BTW: is there a mod 12 main or am I blind again like my wife says?

bb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.