Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope it's not winding down!

All of the beautiful snow from last week is now a rain-sodden mess, so skiing blows. I'm watching the ETS race in Gran Canaria, which looks fantastic, but we're not off the west coast of Africa. My rubber-tire-on-asphalt touring car dreams will simply have to wait.

It's still winter in Seattle. And that means 1/12th scale baby!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Stuff for Sale Tonight

Hi guys,

This is a little last minute, but I'm bringing some things to the track to sell tonight, come visit my pit spot if you're interested:

- VBC Flex conversion kit for the Xray T3 (great for summer)
- 3 or 4 sets of lightly used Sweep tires
- Brand new Yeah Racing car stand

I haven't posted these on the For-Sale thread yet. If/when I do, I will include pictures. I wanted to give my Hangar 30 buddies first chance

Peace,
Sam
Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guess my post worked! Already in Seattle sucking down Starbucks... Game on! Last club race and practice before regionals!

K
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Stuart owns me!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Jake!

Please tell me you got the 1/12 B main.... I need motivation for redemption for the ECC!!!

and hopefully you got the A... How the heck did Grant shove that thing into the 2 spot.... AGAIN?????

Great times once agian...

Kody is the MAN and I appreciate the help... immensely.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Guess my post worked! Already in Seattle sucking down Starbucks... Game on! Last club race and practice before regionals!

K
Hey kody
Did keith show up lastnite?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Nope
Old 03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default March 2 race videos

link to a playlist of videos ( I'll add more as I can through the week )

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feat...V8f9WbGXWdlSTc

First up , Kyle's tune up race with star in the making Stuart "Hole-shot" Mason :
1/12th B Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqVJWGS8H20
Stock 17.5 TC A main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-8vNEzznc
Mod TC A main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rDAc6kt23U
Stock TC 17.5 Bmain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmtvEPohqOo
Scale Spec A main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvdttRmvHXY
Mod 1/12th A main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVdpbTGGe-A
F1 A main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpRr6duaOs

Cheers,

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 03-04-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
How the heck did Grant shove that thing into the 2 spot.... AGAIN?????

Great times once agian...
Dude I don't know. I am starting to like the sneak up on them and wait for the battle approach. If i could just get my starts down I might not have to fight so hard to get back up.

Think I need team Masons mechanic. . That thing was a rocket. Shot passed you like you didn't even move. I have the same problem. Not sure why my car accelerates so slowly. The diff seems fine and works awesome after the start. That was some good driving by Stuart too to pass cleanly like that and never give you the spot back. Sorry buddy we will get your car up too speed for the ECC. Just need you to find your inner Danicka.

Great video Jake.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Race Night

It's interesting to see what we look like with just our core group of racers (minus a couple: Bodine in Australia, Slatten on an emergency tugboat run, Kuney flying blimps...) We were 64 entries strong, with 12 heats, and hard racing in our 3 foundation classes: Stock TC, Stock 1/12th, and Scale Spec.

If onroad is your thing, and you can field a car in one or more of those three classes, then you can count on being able to race at Magnuson on the 1st, 3rd, and occasional 5th Saturday nights of the month. And by race, I mean battle tooth and claw for every spot on the grid. Not to say that those are the only choices, as we in fact ran all of our classes, both Mods, WGT, F1, and most importantly, Novice. Those run deeper on some nights, less so on others. F1, particularly, has found its footing this season. WGT continues to struggle. That said, just a year ago, Mod TC was administered the rite of extreme unction, but lo! it has rallied back and become a fixture this season. So, it pays to be patient and give things time.

Two new track records: Brett Sisley hammered Stock TC qualifying, and Mark Tveten laid down the law in F1. Kody drove relentlessly and ruthlessly all night in Mod TC. That field knows who is the boss. Sean was untouchable in Mod 1/12th. He has steadily bolted down his setup and approach this season. I don't know if he is making it to Regionals this weekend, but if so, I expect him to show well.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (78.4 KB, 40 views)
Round2.txt (79.6 KB, 54 views)
Round3.txt (65.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Season points through the Saturday 03Mar2013 race are tallied below.

Bill S.

PS. If anyone knows anybody who's got a Tamiya M-05 Mini that they might want to get rid of, shoot me a PM. I'm looking for a Mini to run this summer at Galaxy.
Attached Files
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Allen taxdale had a brand new one he was selling, I'd find him in the Nora thread and ask about it
Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Kody you have a pm
Old 03-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Timing System Upgrade Next Season

Note to Drivers about next season:

We wanted you to know that the club’s timing decoder will be upgraded to the new MyLaps RC4 system after this season is over. Information from MyLaps is previous AMB / MyLaps personal transponders will work with the new system. Unconfirmed reports are that MRT’s transponders will not work with the new RC4 decoder.

So, if you already have AMB / MyLaps transponder(s), you’re good to go.

Also, the club’s house transponders will still work with the new decoder.

Those with MRT transponders will either have to use the club’s house transponders or figure something else out.

MyLaps currently has a turn-in upgrade deal going. More details @ the below web page. A couple things to note:
--- “RC4 Hybrid” transponder: Works with previous AMB / MyLaps systems and the new RC4 system. Upgrade / trade-in price $82.46. Normal price $109.95
--- “RC4” transponder: Works with the new RC4 system. Does not work with previous AMB / MyLaps systems. Upgrade / trade-in price $35.98. Normal price $89.95.

http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_e...s/B2C/rc/shop2

My family’s transponders are all MRT’s, so the change hits me between the eyes. Rather than hold out hope that my MRT’s might work and / or spend mental energy on the philosophical injustice that a company can do what MyLaps can do, I’m just going to take the trade-in deal my for MyLaps transponders.

We wanted everybody to know now so that those who wish to can take advantage of the trade-in / upgrade and everybody has some time before next season to figure out what to do in their situation.

Again, the decoder will be upgraded after this season. We will close this season out with the current system. The new decoder will be in place for next season.

Please do holler with any questions.

Bill S on behalf of the Comp Committee
Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=1962

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.