Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Will Take PayPal

I checked my calendar and it seems that the age of beads and bullion has passed. I'm waiting for PayPal to do it's thing, but we should have it confirmed by Monday. Send to:

[email protected]

It dumps right into the club account. But please include your name and address in the notes when you send via PayPal. And what the money is for. You will still have to fill out a paper form for ROAR membership if you want to sign up through the club.

But don't send it yet! It hasn't confirmed. I'll post when it does.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
there is no roar race fee, there is a race fee, there is a fee to join roar and become a member,

(or is it a tax) sorry, inside joke

www.roarracing.com for info on and how to join roar
This is the bit that I was confused about:
Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Here are some updates.

1. There is now an official ROAR club: Seattle RC Racers (ROAR #2317). Premises liability insurance (City of Seattle as additional insured) for our first race is $67.03. Each subsequent race is $36.11. With a currrent ROAR membership your individual liability is covered at the race.
PutAwayWet, since I can't make it to the first meeting, can I bring my check/cash to the next one and sign up for ROAR through you and still be kosher legally for the club? Also, can I do one check for both ROAR and club annual dues?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Magnuson Park Building Map

Here is the map for the buildings and hangers at Magnuson Park - I was just there last night looking in vain for the Barn Owls indoor RC flying club in Hanger 27, but it is currently off limits prior to renovation. I wish I had known that I should have looked at Hanger 30 as well! I participate in the Awana kids program at my church on Wednesday nights September thru Mid May, so I will look forward to weekend racing at some point.

PDF map of hangers and buildings
http://cityofseattle.net/parks/Cente...directions.htm
Directions to Magnuson Park
http://cityofseattle.net/parks/magnuson/directions.htm
Old 02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cdog4w
PutAwayWet, since I can't make it to the first meeting, can I bring my check/cash to the next one and sign up for ROAR through you and still be kosher legally for the club? Also, can I do one check for both ROAR and club annual dues?

Thanks!
Yes, you can pay when you come, and one check is fine. I will have PayPal up soon if you'd rather do that.

By the way, since you were pressing on the issue I double checked with Fred Hohwart, the ROAR Administrator, regarding how our insurance works. As it turns out, I was wrong about having to pay for each night. If we raced in different venues throughout the year then we would need new certificates for each venue. So, it's $67 once, and we're good for the calendar year at Hangar 30. I don't mind being wrong about it, though. And thanks to Kody K., he didn't believe me either. I'm sure it's all clear as mud now.

Again, and Fred emphasized this, you have to be a ROAR member to race! If you're not a member and you smack a kid with your car, then you're not covered, the club's not covered, and the city's not covered. I'm afraid there's going to be zero give on this one. Sign ups will be available through the club or online through ROAR.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Greetings! Holy heck, I've been wondering whether there was some way to use the old Mag buildings for this for ages! So, has there been a website built for this club yet? (I'm at work and haven't had a chance to read all this, I just found it!)

It's not "seattle RC racers", but I've got a domain I'm not using (SBRCCA.org). Used to be Santa Barbara RC Car Association. it doesn't fit, exactly, but if someone wants to send me info, I can start something that could eventually become more permanent?

Heck, the whole reason I didn't get to SIR was because I couldn't get that far south in time for any race. Magnusun is dang convenient (or at least a heck of a lot easier from Greenlake).
Old 02-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kcdzim
Greetings! Holy heck, I've been wondering whether there was some way to use the old Mag buildings for this for ages! So, has there been a website built for this club yet? (I'm at work and haven't had a chance to read all this, I just found it!)

It's not "seattle RC racers", but I've got a domain I'm not using (SBRCCA.org). Used to be Santa Barbara RC Car Association. it doesn't fit, exactly, but if someone wants to send me info, I can start something that could eventually become more permanent?

Heck, the whole reason I didn't get to SIR was because I couldn't get that far south in time for any race. Magnusun is dang convenient (or at least a heck of a lot easier from Greenlake).
SeattleBasedRemoteControlCarAssociation.org

TOOOO long for me.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, you guys seem covered on the domain name and soon hosting, it sounds like. I'll volunteer some graphics time for the site if you like though. I've got CS2 and I need to STOP gaming so dang much, so give me some impetus!

Also, while I might not be able to race often, and I'm not a ROAR member YET (but clearly will need to be once this is all goin) I've got some decent photography gear, so I can take some pics of racing at some point for the site if y'all want.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skruger
SeattleBasedRemoteControlCarAssociation.org

TOOOO long for me.
I would have said Seattle/Bellevue to not dismiss our east side folks... but yes, it sucks, I realize. I was webmaster and had just renewed the site and hosting for 2 years when the club went through the equivalent of a hostile takeover and the new "management" made a new site without telling the club and wouldn't reimburse me for the old site. hosers.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

SeattleBellevueRemoteControlCarAssociation.orgy

ok got it

Patrick P.

Last edited by Skruger; 02-19-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Last edited by skypilot; 02-19-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skruger
SeattleBellevueRemoteControlCarAssociation.orgy

ok got it

Patrick P.
chuckle
Old 02-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got CS2 and I need to STOP gaming so dang much, so give me some impetus!.
Hey! I resemble that remark! (Goes back into 3d Max).
Old 02-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I checked my calendar and it seems that the age of beads and bullion has passed. I'm waiting for PayPal to do it's thing, but we should have it confirmed by Monday. Send to:

[email protected]

It dumps right into the club account. But please include your name and address in the notes when you send via PayPal. And what the money is for. You will still have to fill out a paper form for ROAR membership if you want to sign up through the club.

But don't send it yet! It hasn't confirmed. I'll post when it does.
you're my hero.. now i don't have to order checks
Old 02-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default PayPal Confirmed

You may submit payments via PayPal.

[email protected]

Please, please, please include an itemized note with your payment.

Thanks.

Todd Mason
Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanted to drop in and say...

Thanks Todd!

See you guys Wednesday.

-G

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.