Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcrcracer
Or how about this?
I seem a few racers running them...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What type of Subaru bodies are allowed for the Scale Spec Class (GT)? I saw a mitsubishi body last race, but I don't remember any Subarus.
I run this one: http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7399/

It's painted white, and I was in the SS A-Main duking it out with Phil and Jesse. It's a bit top-heavy, though, and the wing is too big. So I think I'll have to retire it.

Also, what tires would I have to pair it with?
The HPI X-Pattern D-Compounds, with 26mm 0-offset wheels. You do not want the premounts on chrome rims, because they're a pain to keep glued. Sean Maybell @ RC Hobbies in Woodinville may or may not have tires and non-chrome rims in stock. Otherwise, Tower Hobbies seems to have the best stock of different rims.

Or how about this?
That's a good body. Unfortunately, those wing endplates look more than 10mm tall, so it may not be legal. :/ If it's the 200mm version, you may want to go with the Vintage tires, rather than trying to run the X-Patterns and widening the car.

To the comp committee: What would it take to get the wing rules repealed or at least relaxed with respect to the end plate size?

-Mike
Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Awesome, I can trim the wing down if needed. Should be here by this weekends race, it comes all painted/stickerd like pictured.

Joining the Scale Spec class, ordered about $700 worth of rc stuff today, let's hope everything arrives in time for Saturday!

Last edited by mcrcracer; 01-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
To the comp committee: What would it take to get the wing rules repealed or at least relaxed with respect to the end plate size?

-Mike
Wouldn't one think a mid season rule change would get No for an answer? And since you claim you have been "illegally " running.... I got dibs on your points...

-Kyle
Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Are you f1 drivers coming this Saturday?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Wouldn't one think a mid season rule change would get No for an answer? And since you claim you have been "illegally " running.... I got dibs on your points...

-Kyle
The thing is, the rule hasn't really been enforced all season, and I feel like a complete douchebag every time I bring it up, just like last year. Jeff Kuney's proven you don't need a wing to walk the field. The rule also has some ambiguities, and even Wes's clarification doesn't make it crystal clear. For example, Wes said that HPI wing set I linked should be legal, but it looks like it has endplates that are going to measure taller than 10mm. Does that imply the 10x40mm doesn't apply to endplates? Does it imply that 10mm is unrealistically small?

-Mike
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Are you f1 drivers coming this Saturday?

yep my 104s are ready to go.

Mark
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

im also having a scale spec body problems anybody in scale spec run a tc6 couse i need to find a new body that fits over the bumper couse unfortantly my corvette doesnt work if you did run a tc6 on scale spec what body did you run ?? thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

You'll probably have to trim the bumper back a bit, that's a fairly common problem with those bodies.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

thats what i was thinking but dont wnat to if i dont have to
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jaredstandiford
thats what i was thinking but dont wnat to if i dont have to
It's about $5 bucks to replace the foam. So way cheaper to trim than buy new body and paint!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Or how about this?
Basically any body that is not something you would run in stock touring is allowed if it looks like a real car. Protoform Mazda Speed 6 for example is not allowed, it's on the ROAR list of approved touring car bodies AND it does not look like a real car.

Which opens the door to basically any HPI and Tamiya body that has realistic panel lines, etc. There is a whole world of awesome GT bodies, and street cars that can be used. I am wondering if anyone is man enough to rock a Porsche Cayenne, Ford Focus SVT, or the now elusive Honda Odyssey.

As for the molded wing. It's not a loophole in the rules, it would need to conform as well. So some dremel and scissor work might be needed.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
The thing is, the rule hasn't really been enforced all season, and I feel like a complete douchebag every time I bring it up, just like last year. Jeff Kuney's proven you don't need a wing to walk the field. The rule also has some ambiguities, and even Wes's clarification doesn't make it crystal clear. For example, Wes said that HPI wing set I linked should be legal, but it looks like it has endplates that are going to measure taller than 10mm. Does that imply the 10x40mm doesn't apply to endplates? Does it imply that 10mm is unrealistically small?

-Mike
The rule is clear, but not perfect. While we wrote in the rule that the premolded wings are legal, or previous rule of wing size sort of makes them illegal...Unless you modify it to make it conform. It's not a big deal.

Just trim your wing....and now that it's got a spotlight on it, everyone else, too...Get our your scissors and knock it down to the respectable deck spoiler that it's supposed to be.

FWIW a small wing can be faster than a big wing in the right circumstances.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

whats a good droop setting for SS to start out at????
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

2mm is a good place to start. That's what I'm at right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.