Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-23-2012, 12:21 PM
  #11656  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
What's the most popular F1 car at your track?

I'm thinking about getting one even though they don't run an F1 class at our track. That means I'll be running it at your track and Tri-Cities.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,

I would strongly suggest going the tamiya route. The FGX cars are fine but I have yet to see one with an edge over the tamiya and they cost twice as much once you put all the required options on the car.

The F104V2 is the way to go if your getting a kit now it has more tuneability than the older version and better parts compatibility to those running the conversion kits based on the older F104 kit.

Mark
mtveten is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:25 PM
  #11657  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Are we going to have F1 class race next Saturday?
Is FGX allowed?
Thx.
Yes there will be an F1 race on the 29th and the FGX is allowed but I would recommend bringing your tamiya. For the F104 you will want to run either Shimuza 0571 and 0572 or Tamiya TCS tires. Surprisingly the tamiya kit fronts w/ soft rears work but the shimuza & TCS tires are better.

Mark
mtveten is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM
  #11658  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 425
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

To all of my west side friends: HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!
onerun is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
  #11659  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,637
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by onerun
To all of my west side friends: HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!
Back at ya Doc! Hope we see you boys soon and if not soon April 6th for our 4th Annual ECC.

Kody
Kody is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
  #11660  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
Back at ya Doc! Hope we see you boys soon and if not soon April 6th for our 4th Annual ECC.

Kody


Details... NOW!
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM
  #11661  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,637
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Logi Maker


Details... NOW!
3 rounds, single A's, lucky dog style bump into the A main. Classes should be stock and mod 12th/TC, Scale Spec, F1 and Novice. Set up Friday night possibly. A few hours of open practice then game on!
Kody is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
  #11662  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
3 rounds, single A's, lucky dog style bump into the A main. Classes should be stock and mod 12th/TC, Scale Spec, F1 and Novice. Set up Friday night possibly. A few hours of open practice then game on!
We talking daylight hours?
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:28 PM
  #11663  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,637
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
We talking daylight hours?
Yep. We have the building for the day. Hence the possible Friday night set up.

K
Kody is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
  #11664  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
Yep. We have the building for the day. Hence the possible Friday night set up.

K
schweet.
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:03 PM
  #11665  
Tech Master
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Tapps, WA
Posts: 1,168
Default

WOOP WOOP! Looking forward to some ECC action!
Track looks good BTW, can't wait for this weekend!!!

Jeff, I'll take a set of those spacers. I'll come find you at the next race, thanks!
cementsurfer86 is online now  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 PM
  #11666  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Is there a spec tire for stock TC?

What is a good FDR for stock TC?
ChadB. is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 AM
  #11667  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lynnwood, Washington
Posts: 1,256
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Is there a spec tire for stock TC?

What is a good FDR for stock TC?
Chad,

We run sweep qts 32 spec tires. It's a new layout so the ratio will be slightly different. I would start around 3.8 and adjust from there. Since its a new layout I would suggest setting up for loose conditions.

Layout looks nice and flowing. Really liking that we have another sweeper.

Hopefully everyone has safe and merry Xmas.
malkiy is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM
  #11668  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by malkiy
Chad,

We run sweep qts 32 spec tires. It's a new layout so the ratio will be slightly different. I would start around 3.8 and adjust from there. Since its a new layout I would suggest setting up for loose conditions.

Layout looks nice and flowing. Really liking that we have another sweeper.

Hopefully everyone has safe and merry Xmas.
Thanks Mike. Will there be tires available at the track?
ChadB. is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 PM
  #11669  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default The Tub

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Thanks Mike. Will there be tires available at the track?
Hi, I set up a small, mobile shop next to my pit spot at the races. We call it "The Tub". I will have tires for sale at the track.
Maybell is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:02 PM
  #11670  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
Hi, I set up a small, mobile shop next to my pit spot at the races. We call it "The Tub". I will have tires for sale at the track.
Thanks Sean.
ChadB. is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.