Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
However; I still have trouble with that just ask Jake. . I am always screwing myself to get out of his way.
Grant, I came up with two solutions. 1 ) change up my paint scheme constantly so you wouldn't know it was me, or 2 ) if everyone had identical paint schemes.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
... some grumblings the other night ... that people were saying she didnt belong in 1/12 and shouldnt be out there.
Liz and Matt,

First, I am sorry to hear these things.

My thoughts are:

--- We should treat us all with respect, especially our newer and our younger drivers. We should welcome and help all drivers, especially our newer and our younger ones.

--- Liz drove fine and should be commended for putting herself out there. You showed a noteworthy level of fortitude not only to race period but especially to do so in a fast class and even more so with a bunch of competitive adults.

Liz can and should be justifiably proud of herself. My hat is off to you for not letting grumbling get you down.

You go, Liz! Keep at it and you'll soon be showing us who's boss!

I hope the experience hasn't left too much of a bad taste. I hope you keep coming to the races.

Bill Swadener
Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Also something to keep in your mind is this, things said on the drivers stand most times are just people momentarily venting, The usual "come on" and yelling out is kinda the norm, those are what u shouldn't take personally, kind of a heat of the moment, if someone singles you out and talks to you after the race that's when there is a real problem. We've all said things on the drivers stand we shouldn't have lol

Anyways anyone stepping up to mod this week? Or maybe moving out of novice? If I can get a mod motor I kinda wanna move up, give my finger a break from the usual full throttle!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I wasn't going to bring it up, cuze its me talking, but its already been mentioned, its wasn't so much a issue during my second heat, but during my first heat, the walking back in forth in front of the drivers standing area, I found a little wierd to get used to, bare in mind, I was dealing with my 3rd time on a track this year, first race since mid summer, first race on carpet in two years and host of other excuses, it was just wierd to get used to, couple of times lost site of the far right corner by the stairs, not that big a deal in the second heat, just something to be aware of. cheers.

whos going to TZ this weekend for GP practice??
Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Also something to keep in your mind is this, things said on the drivers stand most times are just people momentarily venting, The usual "come on" and yelling out is kinda the norm, those are what u shouldn't take personally, kind of a heat of the moment, if someone singles you out and talks to you after the race that's when there is a real problem. We've all said things on the drivers stand we shouldn't have lol
+ 1 , I was going to say something along these lines but you beat me to it.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually, Ritchie, that's a good thing to bring up. There are many things going really well in the gym, but the pits beneath the drivers stand are an issue. I am working on an overflow solution and hopefully we can have it solved by the next race. You weren't the only racer to have sightline problems with people walking by. Most did their best to duck down and hustle past, but even a brief obstruction can cause problems. Some of the cars out there are literally millisecond to millisecond to stay ahead of. Anyway, it's something I'm aware of and working to fix
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

You spoil us all Todd, seriously..... to have that be the only issue, (yes I noticed it in my race as well...) at our "temporary facility" is amazing to me. My hat is off to everyone in this club and Todd/Alex/Kody/Jake etc. who make racing so awesome here.

Enough of the mushy crap, the Smoothness is doing crazy things to my brain....
Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Matt, I thought she did awesome, as did Stuart and Ben!
I think it's a bit tasteless to tell someone he/she cant run a class he/she chooses. EVERYONE starts at the bottom, sponsored or not. I would bet to guess that those grumblings will turn to jealousy when those three start turning fast laps into race wins. I for one can't wait.
+1

Also, as the father of a little girl that wants to race cars like Daddy, I envy you and the time you get to spend with your daughter doing something you both enjoy. She will learn, just like every Novice does, and she has the added benefit of this great club and all the guys willing to lend a hand. Props to you both.

Originally Posted by skypilot
I wasn't going to bring it up, cuze its me talking, but its already been mentioned, its wasn't so much a issue during my second heat, but during my first heat, the walking back in forth in front of the drivers standing area, I found a little wierd to get used to, bare in mind, I was dealing with my 3rd time on a track this year, first race since mid summer, first race on carpet in two years and host of other excuses, it was just wierd to get used to, couple of times lost site of the far right corner by the stairs, not that big a deal in the second heat, just something to be aware of. cheers.
Me too, for some reason I seem to get more freaked out than most people when my sight lines are blocked. In the first lap of the first heat of Scale Spec someone stood near the pipe by the timing loop and I lost sight of the car and landed on my roof within 6 feet of the loop. Nobody else did, so clearly I can't handle it as well as others can. Maybe we can paint-up some scrap carpet with with stripes on it and place it in the "do not stand" zone or something to remind people - what do you guys think?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I mentioned the waking in front of the drivers stand to wes, I got someone right in my line of site in the middle of the corner, it probly wouldn't be an issue if you just moved the heat sheet to where curry was, it was mostly people looking at what race there in
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ill never pit there again. Really hated possibly being"that guy"

Liz wasnt phased at all. She will be back. She benchmarks herself against the other kids and aspires to beat more adults. She understands heat of the moment comments. Consider the issue put to bed. Thanks for all the support and ill make sure she reads all this.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Grant, I came up with two solutions. 1 ) change up my paint scheme constantly so you wouldn't know it was me, or 2 ) if everyone had identical paint schemes.

That might actually work.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Race this Sunday at TZII. TZGP layout is down, come get some practice in!

Ryan
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Actually, Ritchie, that's a good thing to bring up. There are many things going really well in the gym, but the pits beneath the drivers stand are an issue. I am working on an overflow solution and hopefully we can have it solved by the next race. You weren't the only racer to have sightline problems with people walking by. Most did their best to duck down and hustle past, but even a brief obstruction can cause problems. Some of the cars out there are literally millisecond to millisecond to stay ahead of. Anyway, it's something I'm aware of and working to fix
Thanks, i dont think its the pit spots as much as people walking around.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Our friend Rollover Ryan is looking for a 75mhz FM receiver.
Please PM me if you have an old receiver sitting around that you would let go for cheap to help a new driver out.

He ordered a battery that fits where it should so he should be able to spend a bit more time right side up at the next event.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by exhAustin
Our friend Rollover Ryan is looking for a 75mhz FM receiver.
Please PM me if you have an old receiver sitting around that you would let go for cheap to help a new driver out.

He ordered a battery that fits where it should so he should be able to spend a bit more time right side up at the next event.
For what type of radio???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.