Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Todd. She, like her dad is her own worst critic. She is a competitor and wants to improve. I always try and take something that happens during the night as a lesson and learn from it. This weeks lesson was dont wreck yourself trying to let somebody by. I ask her on the way home from every event if she had fun and as soon it stops being fun we will find another activity to do together. She is still pumped to race. We are talking it over weather she wants to do TZGP. If she does it will be in the handout 25.5 class. Thanks ffor the support guys.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Thanks Todd. She, like her dad is her own worst critic. She is a competitor and wants to improve. I always try and take something that happens during the night as a lesson and learn from it. This weeks lesson was dont wreck yourself trying to let somebody by. I ask her on the way home from every event if she had fun and as soon it stops being fun we will find another activity to do together. She is still pumped to race. We are talking it over weather she wants to do TZGP. If she does it will be in the handout 25.5 class. Thanks ffor the support guys.
Tell her to hold her line, if someone is truly faster than it should be no big deal to show a little patience and get the clean pass, heck I was in the dead last heat at Vegas, I had to do a lot of passing, and I mean a lot! BUT not once did I blame anyone in that heat for anything, there out there to compete like everyone else, anyways holding a line is predictable, which makes it easier to pass IMO, when someone tries to get out of the way that's when the unpredictable happens

Have fun #1
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Matt she will do just fine..the more she races the more she will get better..Look at Chris perry his daughter Kim used to races 12th for along time..and she kicked my a$$ in stock back in the days ...I would not be surprise your daughter can kick my a$$ too....
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Had fun Saturday, finally just unloaded my gear from the car, long night. Ive kinda leveled off in my 1/12 scale program, still figuring out the tires. My car was great for a minute and then pushed like a dump truck, fell off worse than normal in the main. Still having fun though.

Im never pitting in front of the drivers stand again, my back still hurts from crouching down to try and stay out of the sight lines of those who were driving.

Liz heard some grumblings the other night, (she doesnt know faces and names that well) that people were saying she didnt belong in 1/12 and shouldnt be out there. Yes novice to 1/12 is a huge jump but others have done it. What are your guys opinion? She rather run 1/12 over scale spec but im open to input from the club.
In my own humble opinion.. Liz should run whatever class she wants... i personally would endorse 1/12th stock... but its up to Liz and where she wants to be... as Richie said.. Her Ride, her entry fee... run whats fun...

as far as your car falling off.. are you on the yellow black program?? at the end of your run are you having a "gummy edge" on the outside of your front tire? using jack or sxt? (wish we could use paragon, it just smells like racing) in my opinion if you don't sauce the whole front tire the car will start pushing early in the run... sauce the whole tire... wipe it off, then sauce the inside 3/4 of the wheel.

Erik
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I was the other novice in stock 12th running the RM01. I appreciate the patience. It was my first time on carpet and the second time I'd ever raced that car. I'm almost finished building a CRC that I will be running next time.

I planned on running F1 but the car broke in practice. I hope that there continues to be an F1 turnout. I enjoyed the few laps I was able to run in practice. I would like to run F1 as a second class. The grip is amazing compared to parking lot racing.

My buddy Ryan was running novice with the top heavy mini. We both had a great time this weekend and are sorting out our equipment to run the next event. Hopefully we will bring along two others to run novice next time. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Im running black and yellow, saucing half the fronts with sxt. Saucing 20 minutes before the race, wiping off about halfway before the heat before me
Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

what i meant to say is i wipe off about 5 minutes before the heat. No gummy edge that you speak of. My tires were Jaco cut at 42mm rear 40 front. Kit 12R5.2 setup, with the rear widened to 172 mm
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

what i meant to say is i wipe off about 5 minutes before the heat. No gummy edge that you speak of. My tires were Jaco cut at 42mm rear 40 front. Kit 12R5.2 setup, with the rear widened to 172 mm
That's rims in a Jaco! I start at 1.67 +/- rear with a tenth less on the front, 7/8 sauce in front with jack, blue tape to clean and glued sidewalls

U aren't cleaning the tire with motor spray are you? That was my problem last year, my car is the exact same with tons of steering from start to finish, and they come off clean
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

People racing in stock have to expect racing against people bumping up from novice. If people don't like it then they can go to mod.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The 12th going to push at the end is a combo camber and tire sauce problem. Eric is right, you need to nearly sauce the whole front. Use about -1/2* camber. Any more and the car can change at the end. You shouldn't have to CA sidewalls, but if you start with tall tires, you may. Black can be quite aggressive at times. They don't always make sense. I used yellow/chrome but they were micro size and worn out by the end of the main. I actually flat spun the car on the last lap with a mere 1mm of foam left on rears. The right front was bigger then the left rear, that didn't help either. More split = more stability. You could also run a little less split to keep the car free'ed up, more front dope, less camber, less dual rate.

So it's better to use more dope and less camber to fix post run push.

Heck yeah! Let Liz run 12 stock if she wants. It will teach her how to mix it up real fast. I will echo what's been said, hold a steady line, don't make up some crazy line in order to be passed.

Brian
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

I am cleaning with tape. Im rinning 1deg of camber. I will try half a degree and saucing more. The previous race week I had a loose off power condition that I may have falsely attributed to over saucing the fronts so this week I backed way off on the fronts . In hindsight it may have been the near zero stagger I was running and some chassis tweak. I really appreciate all the help.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Bring her down! It will be great for her. A big race that is laid back, She can learn to go through Tech that will work with her plus she needs to put a whoopin on Brenden

Ryan
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Liz heard some grumblings the other night, (she doesnt know faces and names that well) that people were saying she didnt belong in 1/12 and shouldnt be out there. Yes novice to 1/12 is a huge jump but others have done it. What are your guys opinion? She rather run 1/12 over scale spec but im open to input from the club.
I agree Matt that pitting on that side for us large people is a back breaker.

Tell her not to worry about it. That had no right being said. As Todd stated that's what a re-sort is for. I had a bung first round and was put in the same heat as her and she did just fine. I had no problem passing her. In fact she doesnt really need to get that far out of the way just hold her line. However; I still have trouble with that just ask Jake. . I am always screwing myself to get out of his way.

Thanks to all who are contributing saucing info. I have been doing it wrong all along, was only saucing 1/2 to 3/4 for about 15 minutes.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Matt, I thought she did awesome, as did Stuart and Ben!
I think it's a bit tasteless to tell someone he/she cant run a class he/she chooses. EVERYONE starts at the bottom, sponsored or not. I would bet to guess that those grumblings will turn to jealousy when those three start turning fast laps into race wins. I for one can't wait.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM
piper48

Default TA05 Spool

Anyone have a spare TA05 spool they're willing to part with? Lem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.