Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

will bring sleeping bag next time I come down
Old 10-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First, I hope all of our travelers got home safe last night. It was late when we wrapped up, and some of you had to get north across the border, or south to the river. You honor us with your effort, please take care on the road.

Having worn out the usual exclamations, I feel like moving on to the straightup expletives. 84 entries, guests from Vancouver (take your pick of which), track records crushed, high grip, and great racing. It almost makes the 2am wrap-up seem trivial. But for the sleep deprivation headache, uncertain bowels, and a dismayed spouse, I've got no issues with the late night!

What we continue to see, and what I'm very proud of, is new racers--young and not-so-young--continuing to show up. And at the same time, we have some of the best racers in the country sharing the same track and race night with them. I see a lot of help flowing from the veterans to the newbs and intermediates. As much as you value your own race results, I hope you realize how very appreciated the time you take to answer questions and give good advice really is. I will never say the on-track results don't matter. Of course they do, we work too hard to pretend or believe otherwise. But the off-track effort, particularly in reaching out to help another racer elevate his or her own game is itself a credible thing. Thank you, it shows in the success of our program, and it's all on you.

There was a ton of good racing last night. Here's Jeff's A Main win. I won't say it was the race of the night--there were too many racers giving their best all night to say just one was the best--though for Jeff and Sam it certainly was. Sam was disappointed, I think, but he shouldn't be. The pressure he put on Jeff for the first half was some of the best nose to tail driving I've seen this season. How good is Sam? Watch:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (83.3 KB, 80 views)
Round2.txt (84.4 KB, 73 views)
Round3.txt (69.2 KB, 168 views)
Old 10-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well that was intense! Couple of "shout outs"; Mike Malkinson... great job with your debut with the Xti, Jenkins! Serious awesome job with a new car in mod tc, Dave.... way to bury us in mod 12... 10.5's????, Trav... way to wheel, now give Sean his paint back, keep an eye on Phil, that man's on a roll.

I haven't slept in to 11 like that since I was a teenager and that one time Jose was my friend in Mexico.

That evening was certainly an 11 on Bodiner Meeter Scale of skill. I need more rest.

Kyle; pleasure driving with you all night. Those are custom 4x9x4. I have an exchange program on those thrusts, should you ever wear one out, come see me for a replacement.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

2012 / 2013 Series Points through the 20Oct2012's race are posted below.

Bill S.
Attached Files
Old 10-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Epic. Cliché, but it's the only word I have to describe last night! Scale spec was a blast again as usual, the mod classes were just fun to watch. You guys are seriously wheeling. Big thanks to Mark for loaning me an F1 car for the night, so much fun!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Racing the CRC XTi was fun but found out I have a lot to learn with setup and driving. Totally different driving style when compared to rubber sedan plus I'm not use to the car changing so much during the the 8min run. Car starts really darty, gets good then finishes off pushing.

Thanks to Dave, Brian and Clifton for the 1/12th scale pointers.

I was planning on heading to TZ2 for practice but getting home at 3am was a killer. I didn't wake up till close to 12.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well my new kit build is on hold.. failed to realize i need a new servo saver... the one that comes in the associated kit is for a airtronics servo and i went and bought a futaba... bah!! atleast i have 2 weeks to get it together...

Maybell dont suppose you have a servo saver for a futaba servo you could put in the tub for me?

Erik
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Racing the CRC XTi was fun but found out I have a lot to learn with setup and driving. Totally different driving style when compared to rubber sedan plus I'm not use to the car changing so much during the the 8min run. Car starts really darty, gets good then finishes off pushing.

Thanks to Dave, Brian and Clifton for the 1/12th scale pointers.

I was planning on heading to TZ2 for practice but getting home at 3am was a killer. I didn't wake up till close to 12.
You got almost 9 hours!!!!! I was allowed 4..........!!!!! Zzzzzzzz, 4:20 is coming early, hopefully in bed by 10.... Man how stoked is everyone going to the TZGP to be racing during the day????
Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer
well my new kit build is on hold.. failed to realize i need a new servo saver... the one that comes in the associated kit is for a airtronics servo and i went and bought a futaba... bah!! atleast i have 2 weeks to get it together...

Maybell dont suppose you have a servo saver for a futaba servo you could put in the tub for me?

Erik
Use the one off your old one maybe?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Use the one off your old one maybe?
but then how will i steer the old car?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcHammer

Erik
It's now in the Tub for next time!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Had fun Saturday, finally just unloaded my gear from the car, long night. Ive kinda leveled off in my 1/12 scale program, still figuring out the tires. My car was great for a minute and then pushed like a dump truck, fell off worse than normal in the main. Still having fun though.

Im never pitting in front of the drivers stand again, my back still hurts from crouching down to try and stay out of the sight lines of those who were driving.

Liz heard some grumblings the other night, (she doesnt know faces and names that well) that people were saying she didnt belong in 1/12 and shouldnt be out there. Yes novice to 1/12 is a huge jump but others have done it. What are your guys opinion? She rather run 1/12 over scale spec but im open to input from the club.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

People can stop being babies and realize she is starting out. You can't get better unless your out there giving it.a shot so let her keep running and she.will get the hang of it. Better yet bring her up to Nora this weekend. She will get a lot of practice and run time up there.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Had fun Saturday, finally just unloaded my gear from the car, long night. Ive kinda leveled off in my 1/12 scale program, still figuring out the tires. My car was great for a minute and then pushed like a dump truck, fell off worse than normal in the main. Still having fun though.

Im never pitting in front of the drivers stand again, my back still hurts from crouching down to try and stay out of the sight lines of those who were driving.

Liz heard some grumblings the other night, (she doesnt know faces and names that well) that people were saying she didnt belong in 1/12 and shouldnt be out there. Yes novice to 1/12 is a huge jump but others have done it. What are your guys opinion? She rather run 1/12 over scale spec but im open to input from the club.
never, never, never ever let someone else decide what class you "belong" in. you gotta car, you got entry fee, its your choice.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Matt,

The only thing you should worry about is whether she is having fun and is able to make progress in reference to reasonable expectations. It's your job to help her set those expectations. She will have good nights, and she will have difficult nights. We all do. I am confident that the slope of her mean progression is positive. There are enough of us who have been watching her, and she is doing just fine.

I understand very well that everyone looks forward to their race night and spends time to prepare. Particularly in the Stock classes, I will do what I can to sort heats by a rough estimate of where people are in their current abilities. It won't be perfect, but I will try.

But, and this is chiseled in granite: there is no bottom to the well of patience this club has for cultivating young talent. New racers are our future.

If you've got her back, I've got yours. If someone has a complaint and won't ease up, send them to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.