Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

my dad is a quility inspection manager at the boeing plant ill talk to him see whats happenen if your interested
Old 09-01-2012, 08:40 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Also helps to have references working inside the company. Feel free to put my name down as a reference
very true mike...
My good old college buddy of mine little brother is the head Director Boeing HR dept...

Last edited by OVA; 09-03-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm in the same boat Kyle. I just graduated and I'm on the job hunt. It isn't very easy right now :/. I've applied for many positions at Boeing, and still nothing yet. I have an interview with Hexcel (they make carbon fiber!) this next week that I am optimistic about though! I wish the best of luck to you.

-Korey
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I'm in the same boat Kyle. I just graduated and I'm on the job hunt. It isn't very easy right now :/. I've applied for many positions at Boeing, and still nothing yet. I have an interview with Hexcel (they make carbon fiber!) this next week that I am optimistic about though! I wish the best of luck to you.

-Korey
You too buddy, I wish I was just getting out of college though! It will all work out... shocker you may get a job at a CF company.. KHXXX coming to.a carpet track near you!!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tub News!!!

Once again the RC Hobbies Tub will be taking care of Seattle RC Racers needs at the Hangar races.

There will be some new items in the Tub this season. Look for stuff like JConcepts locking 4mm wheel nuts, Acer 12-packs of carbide 1/12 diff balls, a bigger selection of 1/12 tires, LIFE Rx batteries and much more!

11 1/2 more days!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cool news Sean! Always enjoy your support. Pretty jazzed about finessing triggers on these monster mod 12 cars too! This is going to be out right crazy. Haven't raced this level in quite some time. It will be interesting to see if I can tame a 4.0 for 8 minutes without having a stroke.

Rumors have it that I am supposed to get new kits prior to IIC. If that happens, there's going to be some serious crunch time on our club night of the 29th. Love getting stuff right before you leave.

Slapmaster Tools has the bearing box full of pan car bearings with the exception of 3/16x5/16F. Packed in light oil. 10 packs. Race ready for some serious giddy up.

The gym is going to have some funky pitting. Heads up on that. There should be some tables (if they get relocated to the storage room at the gym) that you will be expect to carry in and out if you need one. Otherwise, plan on being very self sufficient. That will include cords, seating, table, etc. Power is limited, but available. A simple power cord for extension will not get it. I am considering a pit table that could set up in the bleachers with different length legs. That way, I could use the upside bleacher as a seat. Even more ideal, would be on some sort of dolly cart that could double as a pit table. Remember the old 4 seaters?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Cool news Sean! Always enjoy your support. Pretty jazzed about finessing triggers on these monster mod 12 cars too! This is going to be out right crazy. Haven't raced this level in quite some time. It will be interesting to see if I can tame a 4.0 for 8 minutes without having a stroke.

Rumors have it that I am supposed to get new kits prior to IIC. If that happens, there's going to be some serious crunch time on our club night of the 29th. Love getting stuff right before you leave.

Slapmaster Tools has the bearing box full of pan car bearings with the exception of 3/16x5/16F. Packed in light oil. 10 packs. Race ready for some serious giddy up.

The gym is going to have some funky pitting. Heads up on that. There should be some tables (if they get relocated to the storage room at the gym) that you will be expect to carry in and out if you need one. Otherwise, plan on being very self sufficient. That will include cords, seating, table, etc. Power is limited, but available. A simple power cord for extension will not get it. I am considering a pit table that could set up in the bleachers with different length legs. That way, I could use the upside bleacher as a seat. Even more ideal, would be on some sort of dolly cart that could double as a pit table. Remember the old 4 seaters?
Loaner...
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-single.jpg

http://www.pelican-case.com/fd3121.html

Have a friend...
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-double.jpg
http://www.pelican-case.com/fd3121.html

Budget..
http://www.steelfab123.com/portableWorkstation.asp

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-portableworkstation3.jpg
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

here ya go
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-table.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default bleacher tables

I took some dimensions the other day, that I hope will allow the use of those smaller folding tables that are for sale at costco for around $36., that have adjustable legs. As best I can tell, a spacer is going to be needed to make that work. It needs to be approximately 4 inches. The differential between one level and the next is about 16". I plan to make a prototype and give it a quick test soon, hopefully before we get in there for the first race. If they work, I will make more for those that would like to use them. It would have you sitting sideways to the table, if you sit on the bleacher seat. It will have to be tried out, to see if its worth doing this way. There are some of the type tables we were using at the Hanger there as well, but seem to be too big to use on the bleachers. The very top level of the bleacher area, a walkway, is reasonable wide at 51", if memory serves me correctly. There will be some space in the lobby as well.

Please all, do remember that we have to be extra cautious with our use of liquids and such in this building, as the floors in any of the areas we will occupy, are not as forgiving as concrete to spills.

Bring your A-game to get the season started out right.

That Pelican field desk is nice Brian. And its only $1049.19.

-Alex
Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone have a picture of the area, for those of us who haven't seen it? I've got a mental image of a school gym going on.

-Mike
Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-gym2.jpg

I vote that Wes swings in there and gets us some pics..
Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Attachment 966499

I vote that Wes swings in there and gets us some pics..
I vote you as your not working! HA lol
Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kody
I vote you as your not working! HA lol
I knew someone would say that!.. Of course I don't have a fancy IPhone like Jake...
Old 09-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Does anyone have a picture of the area, for those of us who haven't seen it? I've got a mental image of a school gym going on.

-Mike
But isn't the pleasure of anticipation more fun?

-a
Old 09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I haven't even had a drink yet, but I think I have a clever idea....

I might just buzz out 3 pieces of light plywood (a top and two legs), two piano hinges, trim a hand hole in it. Get the legs to straddle the bleacher seat with a high leg and a short leg, bevel the piano hinge side roughly at 80 degrees, rout off all the rough corners, it would be ... how does Todd say it.... Super Hot $heet Dialed? When I get back from watching the UW get crushed by LSU, I will whip up some Slapmaster portable bleacher pit tables; part #137. ETA? Cost? SHSD, oh yea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.