Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2012/2013 Specs & Rules

I would like to sincerely thank and extend congratulations to the members of the Comp Committee who worked on the rules package for the upcoming season. No part of our program was spared scrutiny, and everything we see is the product of considerable thought. At the last count late yesterday afternoon, the total number of emails which flew around during the process exceeded 600. It's not like these guys have nothing else to do! So, again, thank you for the time and care you gave to crafting our rules for the upcoming season.

The website is updated: http://seattlercracers.com/specsrules/
Old 08-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Stock tc is the same as last year so qts 32 is the spec tire. Which is perfect as I have a set that is brand new already.
Oops, reading comprehension for the win.

EDIT: from the Scale Spec section:
"Wing size for all: maximum of 10mm height, and side dam, 40mm chord measured from top-rear of wing to front leading edge."

That's 10mm height of the wing itself, including the end plates? Is there a restriction on how high the wing is mounted? I have a sinking feeling my HPI Subaru's wing is more like 15-20mm tall.

Also EDIT: Fixed that.

-Mike

Last edited by grippgoat; 08-30-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:57 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Oops, reading comprehension for the win.

EDIT: from the Scale Spec section:
"Wing size for all: maximum of 10mm height, and side dam, 40mm chord measured from top-rear of wing to front leading edge."

That's 10mm height of the wing itself, including the end plates? Is there a restriction on how the wing is mounted? I have a sinking feeling my HPI Subaru's wing is more like 15-20mm tall.

-Mike
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Scale spec wing... To avoid confusion... Suggest to read, 40mm from top rear to lower front of leading edge.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Modified TC here I come!!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 Rises

Wow!

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm looking forward to another season at Hangar 30 with you guys! (well, in the gym technically, but "Hangar 30" still sounds awesome )

I think I'll bring my Xray T3'12 to race the first few rounds in Stock sedan, then maybe try Mod 12th scale (would take another $100 investment potentially)...

I'm curious to see which classes end up being popular at the first few races. I guess Stock sedan is a safe bet. We had a very consistent turn out in that one last season.

Well, gotta go...

Peace,
Old 08-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man, I'm gonna be facing some serious class ADD. 1/12, scale spec, stock TC, and maybe even an attempt at mod TC.

In order to stave off the temptation, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to learn the ropes as RD this year.

Also, I'd like to bring up the idea of the H30 Iron Man Cup. The points from a driver's best result from each class entered over the season (including optional classes like F1 and WGT!) are tallied, and the most points wins.

-Mike
Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy5
Modified TC here I come!!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Thumbs up GO BOEING!!

Not to thread jack but I consider this thread my home...

the big guy needs a career and I know some of my fellow racers work at Boeing. I have been applying like a mad man and finally a job came up that is in my wheelhouse..

https://jobs.boeing.com/JobSeeker/Jo...ode=12-1017906

I have been told that the application process is solely computer based and it picks out key words and what not.

I just want to get to the point where I talk to a human!!

I am asking/wondering if this is true or is there any "insider" info that one of you can help me out with..

I would love any other input if someone may know of anyone looking for an awesome employee... electrical or not. Career not a job..(if that makes sense).. resume ready to send

Thanks guys and see you on the 15th!!

Please pm or email me any info you can!!

[email protected]

*Yes I am begging..

Last edited by Logi Maker; 09-01-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker

the big guy needs a career and I know some of my fellow racers work at Boeing. I have been applying like a mad man and finally a job came up that is in my wheelhouse..

I have been told that the application process is solely computer based and it picks out key words and what not.

I am asking/wondering if this is true or is there any "insider" info that one of you can help me out with..

I would love any other input if someone may know of anyone looking for an awesome employee... electrical or not. Career not a job..(if that makes sense).. resume ready to send

[email protected]

*Yes I am begging..
That's one stoopid vast job description !! Looks like they're cherry picking. I wouldn't get too exited frankly...............

Jacko
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

O

[email protected]

*Yes I am begging..

"Closing date 8/30/12"
Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
That's one stoopid vast job description !! Looks like they're cherry picking. I wouldn't get too exited frankly...............

Jacko
Haha... that's what I do!!
Originally Posted by skypilot
"Closing date 8/30/12"
I applied last week... everytime I have it's been like 3 months after you apply you hear anything..

F ing global hi tech company!!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:54 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

[email protected]

*Yes I am begging..
Kyle
please PM your work experience or license ..I will find out for you...
Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Haha... that's what I do!!

I applied last week... everytime I have it's been like 3 months after you apply you hear anything..

F ing global hi tech company!!
Also helps to have references working inside the company. Feel free to put my name down as a reference
Old 09-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.