Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Why the wonderful world of 1/18th classes of course!

So if I get a membership, does that mean my fellow mini racers and I might have more influence with getting Dawn and the rest to actually recognize our existence?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mi...ro-racers.html
Any answer i give you here would not hold much weight. However, there are a lot of 1/18th guys out there. My best friend only runs 1/18 and he feels the same way you do. I would imagine that eventually roar will come up with some rules if popularity continues to grow.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

god i hope not

Last edited by skypilot; 02-18-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

So I've seen a lot of costs tossed out, but I don't have a real feel for what any given race night will cost? I'm sure this is one of the main issues to be covered during the initial meeting on the 25th :P

So to go over the fees, $20/hr for 8 hours (4pm-midnight) + 36.11 per race makes about $200/night. I wasn't clear on the ROAR race fee, if that was all nights we used the facility or just official ROAR races? Either way, about $200/night for facility rental and insurance. What other costs will there be?

Assuming we get 20 people a night, then we'd be hitting the $10 race fee we have been used to elsewhere just to break even (no money for future investment, covering club ROAR costs, reimbursing people who have put their own cash into this, etc.).
Old 02-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

there is no roar race fee, there is a race fee, there is a fee to join roar and become a member,

(or is it a tax) sorry, inside joke

www.roarracing.com for info on and how to join roar
Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ROAR, Club, and Race fees

Okay, money stuff.

First, I just got the ROAR packet yesterday. I looked through the whole thing this afternoon and there is an interesting incentive program. ROAR membership is $30 when paid directly to them. However, if you sign up through the club, then it's $30, but $25 goes to ROAR and $5 stays with the club. So, if you write a $30 check to Seattle RC Racers for your membership to ROAR, then Seattle RC Racers will deposit the funds in our new checking account and then forward $25 to ROAR on your behalf. You'll get your membership card and rule book just the same. If anyone is interested in this incentive program, save your ROAR sign-up for the meeting where I will have the application forms. It's the same cost either way for the ROAR part of this whole deal, but it keeps a little money here.

Second, club dues. Annual dues will be $25 for adults, $15 for kids 16 and under. Memberships will be good for a calendar year, and dues will be pro rated $2 per month. So, if you sign up next Wednesday, adult dues will be $21 (I'll credit the last three days of this month.)

Third, race fees will be $10 per night, per class, payable before the first qualifier. Junior Spec Mini will be $5 per night.

All funds will be paid by first-party check only.

I'll laminate up club membership cards and mail them out.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Okay, money stuff.

First, I just got the ROAR packet yesterday. I looked through the whole thing this afternoon and there is an interesting incentive program. ROAR membership is $30 when paid directly to them. However, if you sign up through the club, then it's $30, but $25 goes to ROAR and $5 stays with the club. So, if you write a $30 check to Seattle RC Racers for your membership to ROAR, then Seattle RC Racers will deposit the funds in our new checking account and then forward $25 to ROAR on your behalf. You'll get your membership card and rule book just the same. If anyone is interested in this incentive program, save your ROAR sign-up for the meeting where I will have the application forms. It's the same cost either way for the ROAR part of this whole deal, but it keeps a little money here.

Second, club dues. Annual dues will be $25 for adults, $15 for kids 16 and under. Memberships will be good for a calendar year, and dues will be pro rated $2 per month. So, if you sign up next Wednesday, adult dues will be $21 (I'll credit the last three days of this month.)

Third, race fees will be $10 per night, per class, payable before the first qualifier. Junior Spec Mini will be $5 per night.

All funds will be paid by first-party check only.

I'll laminate up club membership cards and mail them out.
will you take paypal?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sounds like you guys are getting a good thing started I hope it works out for all the on road people
Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

SWEET!

Can't wait for next Wed.

Let's get it rolling!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rewp
will you take paypal?
As stated:

All funds will be paid by first-party check, pesos, beaver pelts, Chinese yuan, or magic brownies.

No Paypal!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jubilee
As stated:

All funds will be paid by first-party check, pesos, beaver pelts, Chinese yuan, or magic brownies.

No Paypal!

Edit :

Looks like Todd has set up a paypal account ! Very cool !

Last edited by Magnet Top; 02-22-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
No bartering beaver pelts ? count me out then :-(

but seriously, I understand Rewp's desire to pay with paypal. Personally, I have been successful not writing any checks for many a moon, by doing all my payments electronically. That ONE check means a check enclosure fee by my bank every month. That being said, it won't stop me from sacrificing that fee for the sake of the club. Just saying Paypal would be mo betta tho !
well crap.. i guess i better order checks. I do all my banking and such online.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I spoke to Todd today and I feel that he & I are on the same page, so he will have my support. Yes, Wed evening will not be accessible to all, but it's a start. Racing every other Wed evening will keep racing hungry instead of on the brink of burn out. I feel that set up could be done in less then 45 minutes while Todd is optimistic at 2 hours, while tear down could be done in less then 30 minutes, Todd thinks an hour. I have seen guys break down an entire gas track in 20 minutes that was made of steel, wood and weights. This should be much easier. A simple driver's box at 16-18" of elevation. Carpet cut down to two man rolls. A laptop & printer for race central.

Imagine a flat dolly the driver's boxes could be placed on upside down or open side up. Fill them with the various track parts. Stack the carpet rolls on top. Roll it to the storage spot. Sweep up. Done.

Todd already has the line on all the track materials. He's done a tremendous amount of leg work already and we have not even seen the place. Wow! I emailed about the CRC Click Track and wait for a response. Seems that we know a lot of firemen with old hose. Come to think about it, I have a neighbor who's in the fire dept. It seems to make sense to get up and running first then accessorize with "nice" later.

Brian
Old 02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

You could see if your bank does Bank Checks, mine does and there is no fee. They are also more readily accepted than personal checks since the bank guarantees it (well it used to be that way). Basically you just need to know the total amount before hand and whom you want it made out to before getting one.

Edit: Todd, would you be interested with the website of accepting ads for club funding? Per local shops or other whom would want to "promote" the club (carry parts and possibly give us slight discount). Or does that get into a financial nightmare with taxes since this is a non-profit?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Will Take Cash

All right. My wife worked me over on the no-cash thing. We'll take cash. She's put on several fund raising events over the years and we have receipts and a lockbox. But I'm not breaking hundreds!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.