Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-08-2012, 07:20 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Tough call. Concrete is not a normal race surface. If you are running on it in a natural condition (no traction spray to the surface), you could try pink rears and black fronts. If it pushes, then try magenta fronts. It's going to take some experimenting. Sauce the tires with black can Paragon, full rear, 50% inside fronts and best of luck.

If you dig into the CRC website, there is a "tire mystery solved" type link that could prove useful.
Hi Brian
Their track grip is kinda on the high side traction..the surface is very smooth and fine abrasive..
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Thumbs up

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=cs&pn=ASC4020
Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Bang em out...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

so i didnt get a tc6.1 but i did get a scx10 lol so im saving for either a tc4 or a used tc6/tc6.1
Old 08-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Catching-up

Hey fellas, I'm just catching-up (moving sucks!) on the past few weeks' worth of discussion regarding classes for next year, and wanted to offer my 2 cents as a relative newcomer to the club.

Regardless of what happens with additional 1/12 classes, WGT, and F1, I'm coming back next year to race the whole season, but I have to say I think the regulars in the club are missing a segment of present and potential racers by going deeper into pan car classes. I understand how much you guys may like them, but Iím still not particularly interested in pan cars because they donít look and work like real ones, and one of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby for me is seeing the correlation between the RC and real. For me, experiencing the design, set-up, and driving of cars that mimic their real-life counterparts is as much fun as a podium finish in the main. I also love the challenge of open-wheel racing, which of course isn't available in 1/12 or WGT.

I think there are others out there like me - who want to race realistic-looking cars and think open wheel racing presents a challenge unavailable in other classes. We're in it for different reasons that you guys, and by limiting the types of cars on track we might also limit (or eliminate) the participation of some people. If the club opts for more pan car classes Iíll just double-down on the remaining TC classes, which wouldnít necessarily be a bad thing in terms of improving my driving. But I'd like you all to think for a moment about the non-member who comes to watch, looking for a class of car that interests him - what's he going to gravitate towards?

I guess I'm looking for clarification: is the club focused on cultivating the types of racing deemed most interesting by the core members or is it looking to take a more objective view by including more breadth such as F1? Ultimately the club exists to serve its members, so an argument can be made either way, so like I said I'm just looking for clarification and to set my expectations for next year.

See you on 9/15!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was looking at the rules on Seattlercracers. I might try to make the end of the season once I find a 25.5 for novice. Is ther a big class? I will have a 12r5
Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey fellas, I'm just catching-up (moving sucks!) on the past few weeks' worth of discussion regarding classes for next year, and wanted to offer my 2 cents as a relative newcomer to the club.

Regardless of what happens with additional 1/12 classes, WGT, and F1, I'm coming back next year to race the whole season, but I have to say I think the regulars in the club are missing a segment of present and potential racers by going deeper into pan car classes. I understand how much you guys may like them, but Iím still not particularly interested in pan cars because they donít look and work like real ones, and one of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby for me is seeing the correlation between the RC and real. For me, experiencing the design, set-up, and driving of cars that mimic their real-life counterparts is as much fun as a podium finish in the main. I also love the challenge of open-wheel racing, which of course isn't available in 1/12 or WGT.

I think there are others out there like me - who want to race realistic-looking cars and think open wheel racing presents a challenge unavailable in other classes. We're in it for different reasons that you guys, and by limiting the types of cars on track we might also limit (or eliminate) the participation of some people. If the club opts for more pan car classes Iíll just double-down on the remaining TC classes, which wouldnít necessarily be a bad thing in terms of improving my driving. But I'd like you all to think for a moment about the non-member who comes to watch, looking for a class of car that interests him - what's he going to gravitate towards?

I guess I'm looking for clarification: is the club focused on cultivating the types of racing deemed most interesting by the core members or is it looking to take a more objective view by including more breadth such as F1? Ultimately the club exists to serve its members, so an argument can be made either way, so like I said I'm just looking for clarification and to set my expectations for next year.

See you on 9/15!
1/12 and WGT were base classes that the club had when it started, WGT died for whatever reason but seems there are a few that would like it to come back, as you read there are those that would like to split the 1/12 class and it seems thats going to happen. when i first started RC back in 2000, there was a 2 wheel drive F-1 class and it was really only raced at the local TCS track, then Tamiya released the 4wd F-1 and it was a very popular class, but for some reason it died too, now a few years later the 2wd version is getting popular again. problem is there are a ton of one track racers that won't race anywhere else except their home track, and that includes the winter time when there is no racing outdoors, so the question becomes, can the core group of racers at the hanger come up with enough drivers to have a steady class without diluting another well established class with the hope of attracting new racers?? its difficult at best to change a successful race program around what might happen. just my .08 cents. and I didn't even race there last winter
Old 08-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Although I have not raced at the Hangar in the past, I have been following the thread and decided I might as well introduce myself and share my thoughts on the thread. I'm planning on attending regularly this season because Saturday nights work better for me and I can afford it now. My plan is running stock 12th and F1 if there is a class for it. I have a scale spec car ready as well that I was planning on lending to a friend for him to start racing. If there is no F1 I may end up running that.

The class that got me out to the race track first was RCGT. The real looking bodies and chassis packed full of tuning options interested me. It was similar to a scaled down version of a real car. Shortly after, I picked up an additional car to run VTA. After racing for a couple summer seasons, I've found myself more interested in the simpler cars like F1 and pan. I picked up an F104 and really enjoyed the cheap, simple aspect. I found an inexpensive RM01 to run the new TCS class and that really sparked my interested in 12th. I've ordered a more competitive 12th car to run on carpet through the winter.

It seems classes that feature realistic looks and affordable racing are pretty popular right now. F1 seems to be catching on so hopefully there will be a decent amount of people who would come for that. It works well for a secondary class.

As far as the 12th discussion goes, either 13.5 or 17.5 would work for me. I do have a 17.5 ready for it, but getting a 13.5 wouldn't be too big of deal. I'm more concerned with getting used to carpet racing and 12th car tuning.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle

See you on 9/15!
You obviously never seen MOD 1/12 scale up close..

I personally feel these are RC cars that we race and the VTA/SS/F1 are another class for another level/interest of people. The whole scale thing doesn't appeal to me and that is fine if you enjoy. How scale looking are they running on carpet?

Carpet and pan cars are like peanut butter and jelly.

F1 was a crapshoot when you bought it and of course you want a class to race it, just like WGT.. It wasn't very fun racing with 3 guys in a race and depending on the outcome of the class selection I think they will both be gone. The fast guys want to take advantage of epic conditions in the gym this season, flat and clean so of course mod 1/12 will happen, so if the WGT dies we are still at the same number of classes with the hit or miss mod tc.

Pretty sure the on looker count will be greatly down since it's not going to be in the multi-use H30 and I would say let this season be for the racers..

Pan Car Kyle.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Scale spec rules

I had an idea for scale spec motor rules. Use 25.5 brushless with stock timing position and New tamiya red dot silver can motors only like TCS legal.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
How scale looking are they running on carpet?
I hear you...the carpet thing is an exception that needs to be made for the 9 months of the year that don't allow us to race outdoors. Truth be told, I do like the consistency of carpet better than racing on asphalt.

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Pan car, Kyle.
There can only be one Kyle racing pan cars....if I was gonna do it I'd need a new name. Any suggestions?
Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFrazer
I was looking at the rules on Seattlercracers. I might try to make the end of the season once I find a 25.5 for novice. Is ther a big class? I will have a 12r5
Hi Mike,

The size of the class varies, as many of our novices are just trying out the sport. We do have a few regulars, so usually there are 5 or 6, but we hope to see that number grow with the advent of only Saturday races this season allowing more to make it regularly.

If you have any other questions, or need help with car set-up, always feel free to ask, many here that are willing to help, and that are very familiar with that chassis.

-Alex

Last edited by oldrcr; 08-14-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Alex. I race Saturday nights at brcr off road. I might have to take a night off when I get back from deployment to get my car set up and run a few packs
Old 08-14-2012, 01:36 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi Mike,

The size of the class varies, as many of our novices are just trying out the sport. We do have a few regulars, so usually there are 5 or 6, but we hope to see that number grow with the advent of only Saturday races this season allowing more to make it regularly.

If you have any other questions, or need help with car set-up, always feel free to ask, many here that are willing to help, and that are very familiar with that chassis.

-Alex
hey alex
question about the 2012 & 2013 rules . Are they are the same as last year?
12th scale still 13.5?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
hey alex
question about the 2012 & 2013 rules . Are they are the same as last year?
12th scale still 13.5?
We haven't finalized the rules yet. Seems that we are always getting the finishing touches taken care of just before the club meeting, which is on the 29th, so very soon. Please mark it on your calendar. Hope everyone can make it.

-a

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.