Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ill be a pan car rookie this year, and I just wanna race, and not have the 1/12 party end from infighting before I get there. I dont care 13.5 or 17.5. The intimidation for me right now comes from knowing nothing on pan car setup and potential tire costs, not from running 13.5, so running a faster motor in stock is not a deterent.

Not sure what im gonna do chassis wise, depends on when the new AE car comes out, if the right deal on a used roller came along I might start that way. Also been eyeballing the CRC, the price is right, but im an Associated guy at heart..
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Welcome to 12th,

Either car will preform. In 13.5, I ran one set a night unless I had tire damage from a hit. Then, you decide to run it anyway or burn another front/rear set.
So,where/who you want to deal with as tires go, is the deal. Not so much the car.

I'm guessing about the mod stuff myself at this point. Ok, I'm putting the 5.0 in the car 3-2-1 .... aaaaaand now.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Ill be a pan car rookie this year, and I just wanna race, and not have the 1/12 party end from infighting before I get there. I dont care 13.5 or 17.5. The intimidation for me right now comes from knowing nothing on pan car setup and potential tire costs, not from running 13.5, so running a faster motor in stock is not a deterent.

Not sure what im gonna do chassis wise, depends on when the new AE car comes out, if the right deal on a used roller came along I might start that way. Also been eyeballing the CRC, the price is right, but im an Associated guy at heart..
Theres a 12R5.1 on here and on ebay, didnt sell and he relisted it...kit, sxx v2, tp 6500 65c and motor..$200.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TracySlatten
Welcome to 12th,

Either car will preform. In 13.5, I ran one set a night unless I had tire damage from a hit. Then, you decide to run it anyway or burn another front/rear set.
So,where/who you want to deal with as tires go, is the deal. Not so much the car.

I'm guessing about the mod stuff myself at this point. Ok, I'm putting the 5.0 in the car 3-2-1 .... aaaaaand now.
Nice.

When/if are you going to have some more 12v batteries available?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

It just so happens I have 8-10 12V sealed batteries set aside for people now. I can bring some to the pre-meeting and may have more for the first race as well. If you did not get one at the end of last year, I can start putting names on the batts now. I will try to get all I can for the club in the coming weeks.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It just so happens I have 8-10 12V sealed batteries set aside for people now. I can bring some to the pre-meeting and may have more for the first race as well. If you did not get one at the end of last year, I can start putting names on the batts now. I will try to get all I can for the club in the coming weeks.
Is there no power in the new place or something?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Limited outlets I think, enough for the PC and compressor, but maybe not enough to support all of the club. So we are gearing up to charge from batteries if that's the case. Far as I know.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Put my name on one...is there a meeting date set yet?

I was told that there were limited outlets and Todd didn't want to rig anything up..

Thanks Tracy!!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

How about this for another "jam" session..

Mod FOAM TC.... why not put on the best show we can, Mod 1/12 and Mod FOAM TC..
Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's power, and in fact they've added more outlets just for us. But, it's all along the north wall. There are only two outlets on the bleacher side where race central will be (race central gets one outlet), and no power at all up in the seats. If anyone would like to join me on that side (close to race central) you'll need to self-power.

We are definitely more constrained for power outlets in the gym than in the hangar. But, it's well-lit and warm, so hopefully those people looking to plug in will leave the pit lights and space heaters at home. If you're plugging in, you'll be out on the gym floor across the track opposite the drivers stand. If you choose to self-power, you can sit wherever you please.

Stuart and I have self-powered all summer and find it to be no inconvenience at all. I got a full day out of mine up in Victoria. That was two cars (including one Mod 1/12th scale sucking out 5000mah per run) which ran one practice round and three quals each. Pretty good! One of Tracy's batteries will easily power a charger and LED pit light for a club night.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

It wont be long now...
Old 08-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Limited outlets I think, enough for the PC and compressor, but maybe not enough to support all of the club. So we are gearing up to charge from batteries if that's the case. Far as I know.
Mine needs a charge!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

So is the spec tire (stock/mod sedan) going to be the same or is that still being decided?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I was worried about these same things.

RE setup: My debate was between CRC and Associated because both those were being run by other H30 drivers and I could mooch setup help. In the end I decided to go with CRC. Brian and others have been very generous with setup help and I'm sure will continue to be happy to assist. I'm also happy to help but I don't actually know too much about pan car setup either (yet).

RE tires: I believe if one wants to finish in the top three, they'll frequently need new tires. Stock TC is even the same: shot at podium = frequent tires. However, for me, I have no realistic hope of making the 1/12th podium, so I don't worry about replacing tires all the time. I pull my 1/12th tires out of the box and put them on the car. They last me forever. The fast drivers do tell me I could go faster if I shaved my tires but, for now, I'm content to work on my driving and run sub-optimum but uber-long-lasting tires. Anyway, the concept of needing tires all the time kept me away from 1/12th scale but after I entered the class, I found the tires actually do last a good long time.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
piper48

Default Mod

Count me in too for Mod TC and Mod 1/12 scale.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.