Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
  #10396  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
We just got in a crap load of Powers tires here at the shop!
Uhhhh... sweet, we're arguing 1/12 scale on here and don't care about non spec TC tires...
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 PM
  #10397  
Suspended
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
What about since we ran a bastard WGT class last year we do a 13.5 BOOSTED, and then say when we go to TZ we just have to turn off the BOOST and re gear?
I have no valid argument for that. Decent compromise. Except boost might be keeping people out of WGT. That is what I have heard people say about trying it.
tutankhamen is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
  #10398  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (84)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,104
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Your right its cuz you whining little bitches complian too much. I'm taking the summer off but plan to be back for some pan car racing at the hanger. Right now I'm.having too much fun shooting shit on my little spare time.
jeff jenkins is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM
  #10399  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
gwhiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Your right its cuz you whining little bitches complian too much. I'm taking the summer off but plan to be back for some pan car racing at the hanger. Right now I'm.having too much fun shooting shit on my little spare time.
Hey, wait just a doggone minute mister! I'm not little.
gwhiz is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 PM
  #10400  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (84)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,104
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Hey, wait just a doggone minute mister! I'm not little.
Haha.. hey Greg I just saw the other day I still have a geardiff of yours. I'll try to stop by fasttrax soon and drop it off to you.
jeff jenkins is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
  #10401  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,671
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Ooooh, the sting. How true, though. I probably wouldn't have used the word hacking, but at the end of the day, a hack by any other name...

My problem is that for some reason, I'm much faster on some corners than some people who are overall faster than me. So whether trying to put in a pass, or after letting a faster car by, I go into one of those corners and am caught off guard by my 4 ft gap suddenly being completely gone, and then I'm hacking them. :/ It's certainly not something I'm proud of, but is something I am having a lot of trouble rectifying.




I think going from 1 to 3 1/12 classes would be a sure bet to kill the class. If we had D mains every night, it might work, but usually we have A + B, and sometimes a few extra for a small C. Divide that by 3, and the average class might get 6-7 entries.

What I do think might work is:
17.5 blinky Stock 1/12
WGT as the intermediate pan class
Mod 1/12

That keeps 2 pan classes for the people who are pan enthusiasts and have no interest in running a TC class, and it provides a pan car intermediate step between 17.5 1/12 and Mod 1/12.

But the real question is how many core 1/12 racers there are who would just stop racing because 17.5 1/12 is too slow, mod 1/12 is too fast/expensive, and they're not interested in WGT.

-Mike


to answer the "real" question, reguardless of how much fun their having, most would probably go faster with a 17.5 and the fun factor would increase, although I imagine as with everything, there would be a few that would protest. would they quit, I don't think so, what are they going to run, a slower TC class or even slower VTA class.

boosted 13.5 would probaby revive the WGT class...
skypilot is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:16 PM
  #10402  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,671
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
We just got in a crap load of Powers tires here at the shop!
thanks for the info, might ride up and pick up a set or two
skypilot is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 PM
  #10403  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
I'm pretty sure Jeff ran a LOT last season, in 12th scale and Stock TC... at the Hangar, NORA, everywhere.

What's really funny is the "fast guys" get hated on for being just that... Sit with your friends at the track on a weekly basis and your a clique of D-bags, ask for a class other than stock and your crucified. Jeez.
Peter you missed my point...I'm not talking about jeff...Plus you have no ideal how much racing I came out to support other tracks beside hangar30...

I rather see two classes mod and stock..I willing support the sttock 12th any day...I was hopping the mod guy does as well...THAT IS..Jeez

Now I'm begining to think what others said about you being a dick...I truly didn't beleive them
OVA is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:53 PM
  #10404  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

,
OVA is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:53 PM
  #10405  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
oldrcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 818
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
We just got in a crap load of Powers tires here at the shop!
Iv'e got to say that after running these at Reedy, and the little bit I've been able to get out and race here this summer, I like these tires. They have long life and seem to get better later in the run. Worth trying out, if you have not.

Was just down in the bay area for water polo tournament for the kid, was cruising down the road and came upon Maybell Ave. Didn't have enough time to snap a picture of it, so you'll just have to trust me, its there. Not sure what you did to get that Sean, but congrats on the achievement.

-a
oldrcr is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 PM
  #10406  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Your right its cuz you whining little bitches complian too much. I'm taking the summer off but plan to be back for some pan car racing at the hanger. Right now I'm.having too much fun shooting shit on my little spare time.
agreed .having too much fun shooting shit on my little spare time.



Me a bitch
OVA is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 PM
  #10407  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,228
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OVA
Peter you missed my point...I'm not talking about jeff...Plus you have no ideal how much racing I came out to support other tracks beside hangar30...

I rather see two classes mod and stock..I willing support the sttock 12th any day...I was hopping the mod guy does as well...THAT IS..Jeez

Now I'm begining to think what others said about you being a dick...I truly didn't beleive them
Well if you weren't talking about him it was easy to misconstrue by quoting what he said... Apologies if that came off as being a dick...
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 AM
  #10408  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Well if you weren't talking about him it was easy to misconstrue by quoting what he said... Apologies if that came off as being a dick...
N/P Thanks...
OVA is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 AM
  #10409  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here's the BRCA website with videos of last season's 1/12th scale championship rounds: http://www.brca.org/?q=sections/subs...ationals/17344

Excepting Ardent, which is an awesome big permanent track (a UK Timezone 2), they club race temporary tracks in gyms and sheds all over that country! And, they're some of the best 1/12th scalers in the world (maybe the best, if you're in the Andy Was Robbed! t-shirt club )

Check out the Teesside track...that's getting it done with what you've got!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
  #10410  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,176
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Here's the BRCA website with videos of last season's 1/12th scale championship rounds: http://www.brca.org/?q=sections/subs...ationals/17344

Excepting Ardent, which is an awesome big permanent track (a UK Timezone 2), they club race temporary tracks in gyms and sheds all over that country! And, they're some of the best 1/12th scalers in the world (maybe the best, if you're in the Andy Was Robbed! t-shirt club )

Check out the Teesside track...that's getting it done with what you've got!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Andy was robbed
Korey Harbke is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.