Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Election Results

President -

Todd Mason

Representatives -

Alex Danilchik
Bill Swadener

Thanks to all who voted last night. There were some invalid ballots, but even counting those the results remained the same (I needed to know who voted and we had several blank names or non club members.)

Thanks for a fun season of indoor racing, everyone.

Thank you to everyone who is there to set up and tear down. If Mike Clifton is on here, thanks for your hard work all year. You, Alex, and Jake did the most when it came to repairing the pipes for the current track layout. Especially since you come all the way from Tacoma, that is real dedication and it is appreciated.

See you guys next season.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Election Results

President -

Todd Mason

Representatives -

Alex Danilchik
Bill Swadener

Thanks to all who voted last night. There were some invalid ballots, but even counting those the results remained the same (I needed to know who voted and we had several blank names or non club members.)
Z

Thanks for a fun season of indoor racing, everyone.

Thank you to everyone who is there to set up and tear down. If Mike Clifton is on here, thanks for your hard work all year. You, Alex, and Jake did the most when it came to repairing the pipes for the current track layout. Especially since you come all the way from Tacoma, that is real dedication and it is appreciated.

See you guys next season.
Great job to everyone for this year..

You guys can come down to Fantasy World any Sunday this summer and thank Clifton in person.... oh and race!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2011/2012 Season is Done!

A magnificent finish to our best season. 47 entries on the night, with two new racers and a full complement of veterans.

Our foundation class, Scale Spec, is proof of the good effects to be had from high-skill racing at a moderate speed. Tight, perfect lines and conservation of all available speed are the tickets to success. Jeff has been the lead dog in the pack, but others are elevating their program and are nipping his heels. Phil in particular is not backing down from the challenge and his qualifying is consistently improving. But, in the main, the real action was a thrilling three-way fight between Jesse, Rob, and Kyle for the 3/4/5. To see how far these racers have come along, and the nose to tail action they are enjoying is fantastic. Well done, guys!

We had four novices on the stand, including a brand new racer, Matt. Having joined us on our last night of the season, I can only hope he carries the experience through to next fall. Austin turned in a great drive and took home the prize for the night. Thanks for joining us and taking up the sport. We value the young blood

Stock Touring! After Peeler reminded Panda just who he is the last time out, Panda sharpened his bamboo stakes and poked Peeler back with a TQ and win of his own to close out the season. Watching these two go at it, the level of their racing, is frankly ridiculous. I call the races usually, and I have to ask myself, "How can they be this good?" But there they are. And they are not the only ones! Sean threw down the official 3rd place drive from hell, as he held off repeated attacks from Jeff, Andrew, and Jake. Sean's chassis distortion field was cranked full blast as he somehow occupied the full width of a 12' back straight and every available inch of every apex around the track. One after the other, the others couldn't find a way around him, so Sean closed out the Hangar 30 Stock Touring season with one of the finest defensive drives ever seen.

It's a reliable sign of overall excellence when, in the time it takes to say, "Are you shitting me?" the top five cars flash across the line. That was essentially how the Stock 1/12th field qualified last night. Bodine prevailed, setting the high mark, and held on to it from tone to tone in the main. The rest of us were shaving each other for tenths, and it was Weylin, having rediscovered the virtue of tire sauce applied in a timely fashion, who secured second spot on the starting grid. But, the main changes it up, and I was able to hold off Trav (I know, it reads funny to me, too ) and make my way up to Weylin for a tight battle in the closing minute. We seem to have found each other on the track lately, and I just want to say it has been a blast. Weylin's car had a yip, so I was able to get by and come home the runner-up. It has been every bit and more the 1/12th scale season I hoped for. Thanks, guys, for showing up to race these wicked fast little cars. It is so much fun.

This closes out the 2011/2012 Hangar 30 indoor season. Thank you to all who came out to race with us. The club is as strong as ever, and we will be back in the fall for more racing.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (49.4 KB, 57 views)
Round2.txt (51.0 KB, 48 views)
Round3.txt (39.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2012 Club Service Award

The recipient of this year's Club Service Award is Mike Clifton. Mike's year-round dedication to racing is an example for us all. Mike is a selfless worker who gets to work building the track and tearing it down, and he doesn't stop until the job is done. His reliable good humor in the paddock and on the drivers stand are always and everywhere a positive contribution to a race program. For the young ones watching, wondering how to be, the answer is simple: Be Like Mike.

Thank you, Mike, for your outstanding service to the Seattle RC Racers and to northwest racing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2012 Club Service Award.pdf (60.1 KB, 103 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congratulations to Mikey !!! A well deserved award !!!!!

Way to finish off the Hangar 30 season with another exciting finish in touring. Great driving Maybell, its always a pleasure racing with you.

Link :
Seattle RC Racers Hangar30 April 25 2012 wed night race season finale ( touring )
Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi all,

I plan on racing for the next season and am probably going to start in novice. can i run a 17.5 or do i need to get a 25.5?

thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default What A Season!

Awesome season everyone! Thanks to all for supporting the Tub! Great competition with great friends! It doesnt get any better than the Hangar!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Hi all,

I plan on racing for the next season and am probably going to start in novice. can i run a 17.5 or do i need to get a 25.5?

thanks!
Hey Mark,

I just finished my first season at the Hangar, starting in novice and moving to Scale Spec. As I understand it the rules for Scale Spec might change next year to allow a choice between 25.5 with timing or silver can, so if you buy a 25.5 you should definitely get one that allows you to adjust the timing. I bought a model that doesn't allow timing adjustments, BTW.

Some of the fastest guys have been running silver can all season, some may argue it's the best choice because it's cheap and just as quick. I actually started with 25.5 and switched to silver can (fresh out of the box - no break-in or hot rodding) and was just as fast if not faster. Also, LRP is closing out their brushed ESCs on their website right now, so you can snag a $200+ speedo for $25 + shipping, which is hard to pass up.

My 2 cents is, drop $20 on a silver can, $25 on a killer LRP speedo, and put the rest of the money into top-notch stuff that you can run in whatever class you want. (Batteries, chassis, hop-ups, etc.) I'm going to start the season next year with a silver can, and unless I'm getting my butt kicked by the guys running brushless I'll stick with it.

See you next season!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

I can't tell you how thankful I am for the place we have to race, what great program. I've had an awesome time all season, and looking forward to many more to come!

Hope to see you guys outdoors!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Drum roll please Ö

The final 2011/2012 Hangar 30 Cup Wednesday Night podium finishers are:

Stock Touring
--- Champion: Jake Danilchik
--- Second Place: Bill Swadener
--- Third Place: Steve Todd

Scale Spec
--- Champion: Bill Swadener
--- Second Place: Rob Swan
--- Third Place: Kyle Bradshaw

Stock 1/12th Scale
--- Champion: Todd Mason
--- Second Place: Tracy Slatten
--- Third Place: Wes Briscoe

Details attached.

I apologize it took a little while last night to tally the results. Thank you for being patient. With a framework established for the calculation tool, Iíll have the numbers crunched more quickly next time.

Thank you, everybody, for a fantastic season! Hope you have a great summer. See you in September. I canít wait!

Bill S.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Kyle is right on.

If I were you, I would:
--- Go with a brushed ESC and a Silver Can motor. These are inexpensive, durable and fast.
--- Begin in Novice, focusing on smooth, clean laps, not raw speed.
--- When skills evolve such that laps are consistently clean, step up to Scale Spec.
--- After mastering Scale Spec, step up to Stock Touring.

I dove directly into Stock Touring. It went OK-ish but I was way off the pace for many months, was frequently frustrated and crashed / broke stuff all the time. Looking back, I would have been far better off to start with decent, used chassis with a Silver Can in Novice, then step to Scale Spec and go from there.

Please know we have a loaner car program. I might recommend at the beginning of next season you take advantage of that a couple times before plunging into a car of your own. A few loaner visits would let you get a feel for driving, meet us and ask zillions of questions. When you decide to purchase equipment, explore what tool-box-inventory the Hangar 30 driver-ship might be able to help you with. I'll bet us collectively have enough extra stuff to get you into a nice used car for an honest, reasonable cost. One of the things I like the most about H30 is how everybody looks out for each other, especially the new drivers.

Please feel free to ask questions. Myself and many others would be happy to help get you going.

Bill S.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi all,

thanks!
The big question is, will you be racing on asphalt this summer?

Asphalt is much easier to drive than carpet. I'd strongly recommend getting yourself up to speed this summer, so you can hit the carpet in the fall.

If you're interested, I'll cut you a great deal on a Tekin RS, which will do brushed or brushless, and I can throw in a Tekin Redline 21.5 if you want to run this summer. Let me know.

As for chassis, you didn't ask, but you know from driving the Moomacher that a decent chassis makes a big difference at least compared to the loaners. If I were in your position, I'd look for a used TC6/6.1 or maybe the new TC4 Club racer. Used Xray, Schumacher Mi4LP/CX/CXL, Serpent S411, Tamiya TA05/TA06/416/417, Photon, or TCX would also be good choices. Buying used can net you big savings on spares and hopups.

Now that carpet season is over, keep your eyes on the Northwest For Sale thread. There will also probably be a rash of T3 2012's for sale around the end of the year after the 2013 comes out.

-Mike
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Stock TC AMain video:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...HSlvVu4Nkhzenw

-Mike
Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would love to drive asphalt during the summer but Off road usually takes up my summer.

I can say im not that much of a novice when it comes to RC as i have been off road for some time. But still a novice as far as on road goes. I plan on getting either the Tc 6.1 or tc 4 club racer for my first car. I tried the loaner at the ECC and well it was a little slow for me. ( thanks Gripgoat again for the use of your car)

Everything else i have in one form or another. I have brushed and brushless speedos.. granted they arent great ones( came out of my RTR off road stuff)

which only leaves me to get the motor.

i have a 17.5 already and the only 25.5 i can get seems to be with the build a brushless with Novak.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

kinda stoked and bummed, the time i had at the hanger was amazing. wednesday was great(even though i had to borrow a chassis) i still took the main, im pumped for summer racing and really stoked for a full season of racing next year at the hanger or gym wherever the track is thanks to all for a ton of answers to my noobie quistions mabye ill be ready for scale spec by next year for sure who knows hopefully i see some of you this summer in lynnwood or at fasttrax

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.