Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 04-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waswadener
Does anybody know if the LRP x12 17.5t motor has an onboard temperature sensor, whose output feeds out through the sensor cable?

Wondering because I acquired an ESC that has the capability of reading motor temperature via the sensor cable but only with motors that have a temperature sensor. I know Novak Ballistic motors have a built in temperature sensor but I'm not sure about the LRP x12 17.5t motor.

Bill S.
Email sent to AE headquarters. Stay tuned!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by grippgoat
For what car?

I've got some 3-Racing Spurs that do NOT fit a TC6. I don't actually know what they fit. Anyone who can use them is free to have them. I'll bring 'em with me.

-Mike
It is for a Tamiya 415, but they should all be the same, I will see you Wed. Thanks

Rob
Old 04-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Maybell
We have 96 tooth Kimbroughs and 93 tooth Robinsons...I will bring both!
I will take 1 of each.
Thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by waswadener
Does anybody know if the LRP x12 17.5t motor has an onboard temperature sensor, whose output feeds out through the sensor cable?

Wondering because I acquired an ESC that has the capability of reading motor temperature via the sensor cable but only with motors that have a temperature sensor. I know Novak Ballistic motors have a built in temperature sensor but I'm not sure about the LRP x12 17.5t motor.

Bill S.
Yes, the X-12's have a temp sensor.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

hey sean do you have any pulleys that fit a 3racing spool diff for a ta05 ? i got my part in the mail and failed to notice the pulley i have doesnt work your supposed to be able to screw four screws into the pulley jsut courioes if you had one?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jaredstandiford
hey sean do you have any pulleys that fit a 3racing spool diff for a ta05 ? i got my part in the mail and failed to notice the pulley i have doesnt work your supposed to be able to screw four screws into the pulley jsut courioes if you had one?
I have no idea, sorry.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Thank you for looking into it and confirming, Sean. Much appreciated.

Bill S.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Screws

Guys,

I'm about to set-up my drill press to drill out the fourth hex screw in as many weeks from my TC5. I started with the black ones that came with the kit, then "upgraded" to fancy blue ones that seem softer than the originals. I have a decent Integy tool set which doesn't appear to be rounding out the insides - my best guess is these screws are just too soft to use with loctite.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to buy reasonably priced (nothing made out of unobtanium, please) screws? Or is the "reasonable price" qualifier the reason I'm in this predicament. Any sage like wisdom would be MUCH appreciated.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Guys,

I'm about to set-up my drill press to drill out the fourth hex screw in as many weeks from my TC5. I started with the black ones that came with the kit, then "upgraded" to fancy blue ones that seem softer than the originals. I have a decent Integy tool set which doesn't appear to be rounding out the insides - my best guess is these screws are just too soft to use with loctite.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to buy reasonably priced (nothing made out of unobtanium, please) screws? Or is the "reasonable price" qualifier the reason I'm in this predicament. Any sage like wisdom would be MUCH appreciated.
Ur using locktite on your wheel screws? Only people I remember ever doing that was the guys that got them for free and only at big races, other than that aluminum is a natural loctite, way to soft for it
Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Guys,

I have also ran into problems of stuck screws in aluminum bulkheads. I solved the problem by using no loctite or just smallest of drops on only a few choise screws. Instead I check my screws every other run or so and usually the only loose screw is the one behind the wheel and no amount of loctite will fix that.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Ur using locktite on your wheel screws?
No, sorry, I think I mis-spoke when I said hex screw. The problem I'm running into is with the Allen (I've heard some people call them hex) screws that are all over the chassis, specifically the recessed ones going into aluminum bulkheads.

Originally Posted by bshookup
Usually the only loose screw is the one behind the wheel and no amount of loctite will fix that.
Nice...I know exactly how to fix the loose screw behind the wheel: 3-4oz Maker's Mark, 2 ice cubes, repeat as necessary.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Guys,

Www.hexcrews.com. Get the Armour Plated ones....
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I need a good starting fdr for scale spec 25.5 motor thanks guy
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
I need a good starting fdr for scale spec 25.5 motor thanks guy
I'm at 3.9FDR some are 3.5 -4.00 FDR
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tub Request

Sean,

It it's not too late, I'd live you to throw in some battery tape (Hudy if you got it) and body clips into the tub. I could use a couple packages of clips.
Thanks,
-Kyle

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.