Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Not to muddy the waters further, but what do the regulations say about clear wings in Scale Spec? Recently I've seen a few clear wings that look pretty big for the body, but since they're not painted it's hard to tell if they're true scale. I also don't know of the speeds we run in Scale Spec even allow aero to work.

On the other side of things, I'm running a 911 GT3RS body with the included ABS plastic wing, hope that's not a rule breaker. Let me know if it is, and I'll pull it until I get another body that conforms to the regs.
I have been paying attention to the wings of the scale spec cars, and I know of what you mean. The wings I have seen are okay, there is a corvette that I've seen with an unusually big wing; it's included with the body and is fit for that car. The contour makes it look exaggerated. The wing works but I'd almost think make the rear too stuck with those huge tires. Myself I would run it trimmed way back. As for clear.... I don't know if we should really care. I don't think we would let it go at nationals, but for clubbing... is it a big deal if there is paint on it? I don't know, not to me anyhow.

The 911 you reference is dialed. You'd get more props for painting it a factory color. Game on!

We want to keep the bodies within the rules but are also mainly self governed. If someone is not conforming to the rule it's more out of mistake than trying to gain advantage. We will address it as its needed. Same with the other classes.

We have had full blown touring cars in scale spec, as far as I know just in the hands of novice drivers moving up and it was done out of necessity more than anything.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by skypilot
I've already seen guys using a touring car body with a wing in scale spec.... just thought you should know, I even asked about it, you don't wanna hear the answer

as far as the motor goes, the rules do list part numbers for the motors so I guess the can wouldn't be allowed, the vented endbells shouldn't be that big a deal except for a little cooler running. no rotor rules except size... but yea i guess its all about that spirit thing.
Sir,

I am not entirely sure how your reply coarilates with my above post. If you have feedback about the class feel free to email me a concise reply or attend the club meeting and discuss them where it would be easier to articulate what it is you are saying.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is all getting way too political for it to be the escape that RC racing is supposed to be. I suppose it is an election year... but does it have to be one in RC land too ?

Last edited by Magnet Top; 02-27-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: too vague...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Default 12th scale-spec

Working on my new toy. Hopefully I'd like to be able to turn some laps during Saturday practice. STOKED!
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-imag0255.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-imag0271.jpg  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xray shocks

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Normally that would be a resounding yes, but in this case I'm looking for the adjustable pistons.
I have a set of the T3 shocks new never built fully yet. This is Phil Gibson
Old 02-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Sir,

I am not entirely sure how your reply coarilates with my above post. If you have feedback about the class feel free to email me a concise reply or attend the club meeting and discuss them where it would be easier to articulate what it is you are saying.
Sarcasm is my first language. I shall attempt a translation, and save you the trouble of a big meeting.

Originally Posted by skypilot
I've already seen guys using a touring car body with a wing in scale spec.... just thought you should know, I even asked about it, you don't wanna hear the answer

as far as the motor goes, the rules do list part numbers for the motors so I guess the can wouldn't be allowed, the vented endbells shouldn't be that big a deal except for a little cooler running. no rotor rules except size... but yea i guess its all about that spirit thing.
Translation: The rules are slightly vague and enforcement is slightly subjective.

I could be slightly wrong, but I believe that captures the spirit of his writing.

My apologies to Sir Ritchie if I my translation does not correlate. I am only in this for fame, glory, and the occasional bipartisan diff rebuild.

-Sir Gregory, Earl of Knurl
Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Sir Earl of Knurl,

Is it too much to ask for a verse in iambic pentameter ?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Sarcasm is my first language. I shall attempt a translation, and save you the trouble of a big meeting.

Translation: The rules are slightly vague and enforcement is slightly subjective.

I could be slightly wrong, but I believe that captures the spirit of his writing.

My apologies to Sir Ritchie if I my translation does not correlate. I am only in this for fame, glory, and the occasional bipartisan diff rebuild.

-Sir Gregory, Earl of Knurl
Is what your saying that we need to be more clear on the rules for next season?

I am not being sarcastic, I'm being 100% serious.

If you want your points to come across you need to make them clear. It's difficult to understand what should be taken seriously and what are just half handed remarks for the sake of trolling the forum. So I'm meaning it when I say to come discuss it at the meeting so we can fully understand what you are trying to convey to the club.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Dude So I went to Mcdonalds yesterday and saw that you could add Bacon to any sandwich. WTF??? Since effin when? Even though it was that see through rubbery 100% authentic face bacon it made Mackdonalds even that much better. Ronald Mcdonald your a gee.

Magnet Top-A couple pages back you spoke about having 1 TC. Are you selling your TC6.1? If so ill buy it from you
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ritchie, what's the fuss? Sometimes we need to put our novice's with the SS, therefore you will see TC bodies in the SS class. We (I) peeked at Franco's SS car for compliance, we saw 1449g on the first run and made him add weight. 2nd came in heavy + (which was a faster run), tires were proper, the body looked very scale. He drove very well. What's the stink about?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Please defer to Greg's post.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think the race season should end about 1st or 2nd week of February next year.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

I don't stand a chance in 1/12th so this shouldn't make a difference for my skill level. But. I'm painting a new body, and want to attach a little flag to the rollover. Probably just paper as cloth would cause instability.

Would this distract other drivers? Hmmm, I shouldn't even ask then, because if it does distract it might finally give me an edge!

EDIT: Hmm. not sure ROAR rules would even allow.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
I'm painting a new body, and want to attach a little flag to the rollover.

Would this distract other drivers?

Sweet. Skull and Crossbones? Stars and Stripes? Prancing Horse?

No more distracting than the bright LED some guys are running.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I taped a piece of toilet paper to the back of mine years ago at Raceway. I laughed too hard and crashed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.