Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randoggy
Bummer. I think it's ugly, but now I can't justify buying another one!
Randy,

Don't worry about it being ugly. That first body doesn't last long anyway. I think mine (a Raybrig NSX) lasted three nights before the front fell off.

Paint it up, tear it up, move on to the next.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
she was polite, and smiled at me, thats all i remember, and then, and then, at the the second race she said, hi, how have ya been, ya she wanted some of this, but i was married then and told her, "back off babydoll"

woe, time to wake up....
Very good Ritchie, I needed that. Hey it's your memory (I guess) and you're intitiled to remember it any way you want.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Todd,

I would post something for you too but to be honest I am still over not having the final race of the season.

Seriously, you did a heck of a job with the club and I for one want to thank you for a great job. Not everyone could get me racing again.

Steve
Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Even I remember Mandy. Seems she made quite an impression on a few of us....wonder why?

Steve
Originally Posted by skypilot
she was polite, and smiled at me, thats all i remember, and then, and then, at the the second race she said, hi, how have ya been, ya she wanted some of this, but i was married then and told her, "back off babydoll"

woe, time to wake up....
Mandy did cause a liiiiiittle trouble, Stan, Jason, Taco, my son and I went on a scouting trip to locate THE Trophy Girl, well we found her but then the wife got just a little upset when my 15 year old son told mom that were took him to Hooters to recruit Mandy

And it was all worth IT Too!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Very good Ritchie, I needed that. Hey it's your memory (I guess) and you're intitiled to remember it any way you want.

yes it is, and yes i will

btw Todd,

your doing/did a good thing for the RC community, Thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Ritchie. It's been a pleasure and a privilege. You were the very first one to throw in to support the project; I just want everyone to know that. Even though it's not a program that often fits your schedule.

(See, if we'd had the last race I was going to cry and all that crap. Embarassing. For everyone.)
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Yo Harb, You gonna come turn left in the dirt with us??
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Yo Harb, You gonna come turn left in the dirt with us??
I'm thinkin sometime soon! It's not to far away from where I live now, so I dont see any reason not to come check it out.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Thanks Ritchie. It's been a pleasure and a privilege. You were the very first one to throw in to support the project; I just want everyone to know that. Even though it's not a program that often fits your schedule.

(See, if we'd had the last race I was going to cry and all that crap. Embarassing. For everyone.)
Damn....and I was ready to play some Bette Midler "Wind Beneath My Wings" during the drivers' meeting.

I can flyyy hiiigher than an eeeeaaaagle....

Old 06-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default anxious??

is it too early to be thinking about next season???

anyhow... Thank you Todd, The Seattle RC Racers at Hangar 30 has been a blast this last season.
I cant wait till we do it again!!

Erik
Old 06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer
is it too early to be thinking about next season???

anyhow... Thank you Todd, The Seattle RC Racers at Hangar 30 has been a blast this last season.
I cant wait till we do it again!!

Erik
I'll hold on to your black can, dude. Let me know if you'll be at FW this Sunday...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tough Floor

They're not done yet. Maybe Friday.

On the upside, the park's machine shop is grinding off or chipping out the fittings and bolts the sport court had been covering to below floor level.

Then, if conversations continue along recent lines, the park will do extra work to our carpet's footprint. I'm hoping for a 100' by 50' rectangle that will accomodate any future track we put together.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-745pm-june-24.jpg  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So Todd are they taking the previous topping coat off the original slab? And are they reapplying something over the top to smooth it out again?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Mike,

Yes, the entire top coating--what I'm calling the sport court--is coming off. Also, they are chopping out, grinding off, or smashing down all of the floor protrusions. 3/4's of the floor will remain concrete slab. I'm working on the fourth 4th. The park manager wants to make it nice for us. But until the sport court is all scraped off, we can't tell what we're looking at. Whether we get a joint filling/divot patching job, or one continuous smoothed surface, I don't know yet. The underlying concrete is certainly smooth enough, absent the slab joints. And our spot has to stand up to the general use of the hangar, obviously. Next week it will become clearer.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
They're not done yet. Maybe Friday.

On the upside, the park's machine shop is grinding off or chipping out the fittings and bolts the sport court had been covering to below floor level.

Then, if conversations continue along recent lines, the park will do extra work to our carpet's footprint. I'm hoping for a 100' by 50' rectangle that will accomodate any future track we put together.
Heck Todd,

Tell them to fix the whole floor. Then we can race 1/8th on road nitro in the Hangar. Yea Buddy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.