TC6.1 caster blocks if you have em
Blue bulkead shims x2
Blue 3mm ballstud spacers probably x2
Can of whoop ass

-Mike
Gotcha covered!
Originally Posted by corallyman
SeanO,

Can you bring a pack of Xray 3mm X 5mm Flat head screws and a pack of AE screws with the same deminsions. Not sure which I want but I will know when I see them. I perfer 5mm length but 6mm will work too.

Steve
Gotcha covered!
Originally Posted by grippgoat
The TC6/.1 kit 3x5mm flat heads are crap. The wrench doesn't seat fully in the socket, and the metal seems soft, so they're super easy to strip. I don't know if the replacement ones will be as bad.

-Mike
What tools do you use?
Originally Posted by DIALED
...If it's not too late for 'tub requests' Sean, could you toss in a set of spec tires for me? ThankS
Gotcha covered!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sean, don't know if this is the same version of the servo saver from xray you already have on order for 2 others. But can I order one of these? If you have the price in your system already, I can pre-pay you tonight.

Composite Servo Saver - X-Stiff - Set 372503

(and of that Micro brushless truck happens to show up today, please throw in tub as well)
Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
What tools do you use?
EDS, although I built the kit initially with the kit allen wrench. I'm not the only person who's complained about those 3x5's either, it's a pretty common complaint in the TC6 thread. Also, it's only the 3x5's that suck. All the other screws have been fine.

I actually replaced all my 3x5's with 3x6's from Ace hardware store. Except for the two in the top deck above the layshaft bulkheads, where there isn't room for a 3x6. I think I bought 26 screws and used 'em all, but I had already replaced a couple, so it's probably closer to 30 screws for the whole car.

-Mike
Old 02-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Tub!

Hey Sean,

If you have a 78t spur, could you throw one in the tub?
thanks!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Sean, don't know if this is the same version of the servo saver from xray you already have on order for 2 others. But can I order one of these? If you have the price in your system already, I can pre-pay you tonight.

(and of that Micro brushless truck happens to show up today, please throw in tub as well)
Is this for 1/12th? Why not just use a Kimbrough Med. servo saver? They center much better and Sean almost always has them in stock.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Is this for 1/12th? Why not just use a Kimbrough Med. servo saver? They center much better and Sean almost always has them in stock.
Per the centering, I think this new version above is supposed to fix it. Because yes, my stock servo saver does have play. Which makes it a PITA to attempt to get toe in/out.

Per Kimbrough, mostly worried about a different ackerman offset. If Sean sees this and has one, go ahead and bring (one with compatible JR servo spline) and I will attempt to compare holes and offset through packaging.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep, thats the one...Im not sure when we will get them, and your way down the waiting list...I hate to say it but you might want to order it online because I have no idea when they will come.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default tub

Hey Sean, Tire CA for me, although I think you already bring some normally.

Thanx,
Alex
Old 02-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Per the centering, I think this new version above is supposed to fix it. Because yes, my stock servo saver does have play. Which makes it a PITA to attempt to get toe in/out.

Per Kimbrough, mostly worried about a different ackerman offset. If Sean sees this and has one, go ahead and bring (one with compatible JR servo spline) and I will attempt to compare holes and offset through packaging.
I should have a medium Kimbrough that's already opened you can do what you want with. I think I only have the futaba spline for it, though.

-Mike
Old 02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

We are out of kimbrough mediums servo savers.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

EDS, although I built the kit initially with the kit allen wrench. I'm not the only person who's complained about those 3x5's either, it's a pretty common complaint in the TC6 thread. Also, it's only the 3x5's that suck. All the other screws have been fine.

I actually replaced all my 3x5's with 3x6's from Ace hardware store. Except for the two in the top deck above the layshaft bulkheads, where there isn't room for a 3x6. I think I bought 26 screws and used 'em all, but I had already replaced a couple, so it's probably closer to 30 screws for the whole car.

-Mike
Gotcha
Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Yep, thats the one...Im not sure when we will get them, and your way down the waiting list...I hate to say it but you might want to order it online because I have no idea when they will come.
I've been actively watching Nexus Racing, Amain, Stormer, and Speedtech RC for stock on the 372503. Of those four sellers I have seen zero in stock for quite a while.

I am dying to try this out because I really like the quality of the plastic and tolerances on the original xray 3-spring item (372502), but I am admitting that it didn't center perfectly. I assembled my 372502 with some silicone grease and that seemed to help slightly. I just smeared it all over everything, pressed it all together, and wiped off the excess before buttoning it down. Seems to be a little better now.

Just out of curiosity, Drew: Whats the deal with the original (smaller?) X11 servo saver (372501)? Have you tried that? Is it crap?

Oh, I just checked the Hong Kong Holy RC Trinity (Mart/Market/Mushroom) and none of them show stock either, although RC Market claims it will be back in approx. 2 weeks. Fuggn Jabroni's.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-Mike
Mike, just FYI, I have had great results with the Amain house brand, Protek RC. The claim is 174 ksi ultimate tensile strength, which is a very respectable figure. The thread form and head shape is very consistent, and the price is right. BTW they bear the same 12.9 grade marking you find on the kit Serpent fasteners which are quite durable.

I think it goes without saying that Xray fasteners are fantastic.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Mike, just FYI, I have had great results with the Amain house brand, Protek RC. The claim is 174 ksi ultimate tensile strength, which is a very respectable figure. The thread form and head shape is very consistent, and the price is right. BTW they bear the same 12.9 grade marking you find on the kit Serpent fasteners which are quite durable.

I think it goes without saying that Xray fasteners are fantastic.
Funny you should mention that. I just got a heaping helping of ProTek 3x5mm flatheads in the mail today. I also got some 3x14 cap screws for the pivot block mounts.

-Mike
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gwhiz

Just out of curiosity, Drew: Whats the deal with the original (smaller?) X11 servo saver (372501)? Have you tried that? Is it crap?
Yes, thats why they put the newer saver in the new x12 kit (which Im not getting now because of a looong story outside of my control).

It has play at least 2 degrees per side. In fact Tracy thought it might have been contributing to the sudden turn in exiting the corner.

I borrowed gripgoats futuba just to check the dimensions (I have JR so wouldn't work). It will change my ackerman, but ehh. Who knows, maybe its what the car needs outside a better driver.

Does anyone know if D lock diff rings for pancar axles are a generic size? Or each is particular to the axle brand?

Last edited by oXYnary; 02-23-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: are

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.