Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
you chose to be SOL...
Lets keep the freewill versus fate for another section.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I do!! I find out next week if I get my job.. suck part is the work week is THU-MON.. So my weekend daytime racing is out and would be stoked for the Saturday night Gym action, and for selfish reasons would want it to stay that way!!

Glad I have been stockpiling Nitro TC gear... not. I want the job and want to be able to race...
Theres still offroad buddy
Old 02-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
me too!
Very funny... although it does sound awesome, come to think of it!

If we could get enough people together with 12th scales, I guess there's no reason not to run outdoors. I just have absolutely no idea where to begin when it comes to setup... not that I'm that good indoors either
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Nobody really runs Scale Spec in the summer, although I wish they would. The standard seems to be 21.5 VTA, although I don't think anyone observes a minimum weight rule.

I've thought the Cup Racer looks pretty cool, too, though.

-Mike
Yeah, I was looking at the VTA class rules at Fasttrax (in order to have a second class to run), and it seems they require a 4WD chassis, HPI tires, and a 21.5T Brushless or Silver Can motor. The Cup Racer might be fine (it's 4WD), but I'm not sure about a 2WD Mini or FWD Sedan... Depends on how strict the rules are.

I was actually thinking of getting a Schumacher Mi1 for the VTA class (if I did want to run that class) as it is very inexpensive (around $160 or $170 for the chassis), and I think it might be competitive with the slower 21.5T or Silver Can motor compared to Stock Sedan's 17.5T:

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Showroom/mi1.html

If I run two classes this summer, it would be Stock Sedan and VTA, unless enough 12th scales showed up Then back to Stock Sedan and 12th Scale in the winter

Peace,
Sam
Old 02-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Yeah Drew, you choose to be employed. lol
no he chooses to only want to race the most unpopular class of cars ever built.

and he said NEXT year he won't be able to race due to work.

hes not completely sol though, x or more at FW works even for the mini stuff
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I know but he is the "President"..
show me the paper work and vote count..
Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
show me the paper work and vote count..
Old 02-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Since you already have an XRay, I'd probably suggest a T2R, T3R, or used T3, just so you can share spares. If you're interested in Schumacher, I'll probably be looking to sell an Mi4 LP with CX axles and gear diffs for around the price of an Mi1 before summer starts up.

Another thing to consider for summer is F1.

If attendance doesn't go up too much, though, it can be tough to run 2 classes, because the rounds go by so fast.

-Mike

Originally Posted by Samwise
Yeah, I was looking at the VTA class rules at Fasttrax (in order to have a second class to run), and it seems they require a 4WD chassis, HPI tires, and a 21.5T Brushless or Silver Can motor. The Cup Racer might be fine (it's 4WD), but I'm not sure about a 2WD Mini or FWD Sedan... Depends on how strict the rules are.

I was actually thinking of getting a Schumacher Mi1 for the VTA class (if I did want to run that class) as it is very inexpensive (around $160 or $170 for the chassis), and I think it might be competitive with the slower 21.5T or Silver Can motor compared to Stock Sedan's 17.5T:

If I run two classes this summer, it would be Stock Sedan and VTA, unless enough 12th scales showed up Then back to Stock Sedan and 12th Scale in the winter

Peace,
Sam
Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Samwise

Peace,
Sam
suggestion from a old guy that doesn't race hardly at all anymore, run one class, a single focus may make the learning curve shorter
Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has some 1s Lipo's they wouldn't mind getting rid of? Just something to practice with for now, nothing special, thanks!!!!!

Also, if anyone has a 13.5 for 12th scale they would recommend, or a used one they would want to part with?

Thanks guys!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 PM
piper48

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has some 1s Lipo's they wouldn't mind getting rid of? Just something to practice with for now, nothing special, thanks!!!!!

Also, if anyone has a 13.5 for 12th scale they would recommend, or a used one they would want to part with?

Thanks guys!!!!!
Jesse, I have a Thunderpower 5000mah 50c you can have if you want it. LMK

Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey Jesse,

I have a lightly used Team Powers 13.5 BL that I am selling. It has an optional front cooling plate already installed for lower temps, and will also come with the standard plate as well. This motor should be good for someone just learning the ropes in 1/12th but may not be as fast as say the Revtechs. I really don't know how it would run as I have never tried it in anything other than a 1/10th TC. It ran good in that. I think these are more thought of as a Torque motor as opposed to an RPM motor.

I am asking 35.00 for it local if you would like to pick it up from me next race. I will even let you try it out first. Just let me know.

I have posted pictures already in other posts.

Steve
Old 02-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Lem, thanks man I'll take it!!

Steve, I'll be there on Wendsday night, sounds good, thanks!
Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Cool

Thanks guys!!!!!
Hard to go wrong with a Trinity DUO 3 or Novak Ballistic.....................I have a Trinity Pulse 13.5 I'd give ya, or a HV DUO 1 I'd sell for $20, a pair of well used Thunder Power 5400 mA 65 C 1s lipos I'd let go for $30 for both.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Lem, thanks man I'll take it!!

Steve, I'll be there on Wendsday night, sounds good, thanks!
Sounds good, I should be there too. I will have it with me. I should have a sensor wire as well.

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.