Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
And I'm sure I want to run 12th scale outdoors.

Peace,
Samwise the Brave
me too!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nobody really runs Scale Spec in the summer, although I wish they would. The standard seems to be 21.5 VTA, although I don't think anyone observes a minimum weight rule.

I've thought the Cup Racer looks pretty cool, too, though.

-Mike

It's funny you mention the Mini and HPI Cup Racers... I was sorta thinking of trying one of the two is Scale Spec this summer. I'll have a bunch of electronics collecting dust in my 12th scale otherwise if I run only one class And I'm not sure I want to run 12th scale outdoors.

Unfortunately, the cost might be too much, even for an "inexpensive" RC chassis (there's an oxymoron for ya! Who ever heard of RC being inexpensive!)

When I got back into the RC hobby this past summer, some people raced Cup Racers at Galaxy Hobby in Lynnwood (I raced F1 myself, but later sold it to help pay for the Xray), and the Cup Racers were pretty cool. Small, 4WD, and vintage bodies The kits are "only" about $200 too (with a body even).

Anyway, I'm not sure how competitive they'd be, but looks like fun

Peace,
Samwise the Brave
Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Nobody really runs Scale Spec in the summer, although I wish they would. The standard seems to be 21.5 VTA, although I don't think anyone observes a minimum weight rule.
-Mike
curious, how did you come to that conclusion ?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
curious, how did you come to that conclusion ?
By "anyone" I mean clubs, not people. Backpedalling a bit, I only have first-hand experience with FastTrax. FastTrax does not run "USVTA", just its own 21.5 VTA class, which AFAIK is intended to be consistent with other area clubs, and doesn't have a minimum weight rule. EGTC doesn't refer to their classes as USVTA, either, and doesn't have minimum weight rules posted.

I assumed Fantasy World doesn't have a min weight either, but I just looked at their website, and they at least cite the USVTA rules adding more bodies, 21.5 motor, and not requiring driver figures. So maybe they're supposed to have the USVTA min weight. I have no idea if they enforce it, though. I don't know anything at all about other clubs.

-Mike
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 12R5.1 limited edition!

For a limited time, AE is releasing a version of the 12R5.1 kit that comes with a free lipo conversion kit. I think they will go for a price around $229.

Part#4019C Distributers should have them soon.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It's funny you mention the Mini and HPI Cup Racers... I was sorta thinking of trying one of the two is Scale Spec this summer. I'll have a bunch of electronics collecting dust in my 12th scale otherwise if I run only one class And I'm not sure I want to run 12th scale outdoors.

Unfortunately, the cost might be too much, even for an "inexpensive" RC chassis (there's an oxymoron for ya! Who ever heard of RC being inexpensive!)

When I got back into the RC hobby this past summer, some people raced Cup Racers at Galaxy Hobby in Lynnwood (I raced F1 myself, but later sold it to help pay for the Xray), and the Cup Racers were pretty cool. Small, 4WD, and vintage bodies The kits are "only" about $200 too (with a body even).

Anyway, I'm not sure how competitive they'd be, but looks like fun

Peace,
Samwise the Brave
Hey Sam, at Fantasy world you can run pretty much whatever you want in VTA, regardless of the rules. Mini, Front wheel drive, I've never seen anyone turned away. I'm sure over the winter thier rules committee has been hard at work keeping a finger on the pulse of the racing community and will have an exciting race program set up for this summer. Then again, probably not.

But honestly pretty much everything is welcome there.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by grippgoat
By "anyone" I mean clubs, not people. Backpedalling a bit, I only have first-hand experience with FastTrax. FastTrax does not run "USVTA", just its own 21.5 VTA class, which AFAIK is intended to be consistent with other area clubs, and doesn't have a minimum weight rule. EGTC doesn't refer to their classes as USVTA, either, and doesn't have minimum weight rules posted.

I assumed Fantasy World doesn't have a min weight either, but I just looked at their website, and they at least cite the USVTA rules adding more bodies, 21.5 motor, and not requiring driver figures. So maybe they're supposed to have the USVTA min weight. I have no idea if they enforce it, though. I don't know anything at all about other clubs.

-Mike
On the FW site there is a link to the usvta site that clearly sets weight. Does FW "enforce" that, if you mean does FW weigh each and every car before and after each race.....no they don't. Do they weigh cars if someone asks, yes.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
Hey Sam, at Fantasy world you can run pretty much whatever you want in VTA, regardless of the rules. Mini, Front wheel drive, I've never seen anyone turned away. I'm sure over the winter thier rules committee has been hard at work keeping a finger on the pulse of the racing community and will have an exciting race program set up for this summer. Then again, probably not.
But honestly pretty much everything is welcome there.
I peed when I saw this! I think YBD has been too busy trying to put a dress on a pig over at the new store.. At least I know the electrical will be nice and the roll up door works ..

I wish the "committee" was made up of racers..
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Be thankful you all have someplace. During the summer I'm SOL, and I can't race next season because its weekends only.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

you chose to be SOL...
Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I peed when I saw this! I think YBD has been too busy trying to put a dress on a pig over at the new store.. At least I know the electrical will be nice and the roll up door works ..

I wish the "committee" was made up of racers..
wasn't really talking about YBD
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you chose to be SOL...
Yeah Drew, you choose to be employed. lol
Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No one chooses to be employed... Who wants that anyways
Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

wasn't really talking about YBD
I know but he is the "President"..
Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Yeah Drew, you choose to be employed. lol
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
No one chooses to be employed... Who wants that anyways
I do!! I find out next week if I get my job.. suck part is the work week is THU-MON.. So my weekend daytime racing is out and would be stoked for the Saturday night Gym action, and for selfish reasons would want it to stay that way!!

Glad I have been stockpiling Nitro TC gear... not. I want the job and want to be able to race...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.