Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 AM
  #9541  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,228
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Samwise
And I'm sure I want to run 12th scale outdoors.

Peace,
Samwise the Brave
me too!
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 AM
  #9542  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Nobody really runs Scale Spec in the summer, although I wish they would. The standard seems to be 21.5 VTA, although I don't think anyone observes a minimum weight rule.

I've thought the Cup Racer looks pretty cool, too, though.

-Mike

Originally Posted by Samwise
It's funny you mention the Mini and HPI Cup Racers... I was sorta thinking of trying one of the two is Scale Spec this summer. I'll have a bunch of electronics collecting dust in my 12th scale otherwise if I run only one class And I'm not sure I want to run 12th scale outdoors.

Unfortunately, the cost might be too much, even for an "inexpensive" RC chassis (there's an oxymoron for ya! Who ever heard of RC being inexpensive!)

When I got back into the RC hobby this past summer, some people raced Cup Racers at Galaxy Hobby in Lynnwood (I raced F1 myself, but later sold it to help pay for the Xray), and the Cup Racers were pretty cool. Small, 4WD, and vintage bodies The kits are "only" about $200 too (with a body even).

Anyway, I'm not sure how competitive they'd be, but looks like fun

Peace,
Samwise the Brave
grippgoat is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 AM
  #9543  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,084
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Nobody really runs Scale Spec in the summer, although I wish they would. The standard seems to be 21.5 VTA, although I don't think anyone observes a minimum weight rule.
...
-Mike
curious, how did you come to that conclusion ?
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM
  #9544  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
curious, how did you come to that conclusion ?
By "anyone" I mean clubs, not people. Backpedalling a bit, I only have first-hand experience with FastTrax. FastTrax does not run "USVTA", just its own 21.5 VTA class, which AFAIK is intended to be consistent with other area clubs, and doesn't have a minimum weight rule. EGTC doesn't refer to their classes as USVTA, either, and doesn't have minimum weight rules posted.

I assumed Fantasy World doesn't have a min weight either, but I just looked at their website, and they at least cite the USVTA rules adding more bodies, 21.5 motor, and not requiring driver figures. So maybe they're supposed to have the USVTA min weight. I have no idea if they enforce it, though. I don't know anything at all about other clubs.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
  #9545  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 12R5.1 limited edition!

For a limited time, AE is releasing a version of the 12R5.1 kit that comes with a free lipo conversion kit. I think they will go for a price around $229.

Part#4019C Distributers should have them soon.
Maybell is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
  #9546  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,690
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Samwise
It's funny you mention the Mini and HPI Cup Racers... I was sorta thinking of trying one of the two is Scale Spec this summer. I'll have a bunch of electronics collecting dust in my 12th scale otherwise if I run only one class And I'm not sure I want to run 12th scale outdoors.

Unfortunately, the cost might be too much, even for an "inexpensive" RC chassis (there's an oxymoron for ya! Who ever heard of RC being inexpensive!)

When I got back into the RC hobby this past summer, some people raced Cup Racers at Galaxy Hobby in Lynnwood (I raced F1 myself, but later sold it to help pay for the Xray), and the Cup Racers were pretty cool. Small, 4WD, and vintage bodies The kits are "only" about $200 too (with a body even).

Anyway, I'm not sure how competitive they'd be, but looks like fun

Peace,
Samwise the Brave
Hey Sam, at Fantasy world you can run pretty much whatever you want in VTA, regardless of the rules. Mini, Front wheel drive, I've never seen anyone turned away. I'm sure over the winter thier rules committee has been hard at work keeping a finger on the pulse of the racing community and will have an exciting race program set up for this summer. Then again, probably not.

But honestly pretty much everything is welcome there.
skypilot is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
  #9547  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,690
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
By "anyone" I mean clubs, not people. Backpedalling a bit, I only have first-hand experience with FastTrax. FastTrax does not run "USVTA", just its own 21.5 VTA class, which AFAIK is intended to be consistent with other area clubs, and doesn't have a minimum weight rule. EGTC doesn't refer to their classes as USVTA, either, and doesn't have minimum weight rules posted.

I assumed Fantasy World doesn't have a min weight either, but I just looked at their website, and they at least cite the USVTA rules adding more bodies, 21.5 motor, and not requiring driver figures. So maybe they're supposed to have the USVTA min weight. I have no idea if they enforce it, though. I don't know anything at all about other clubs.

-Mike
On the FW site there is a link to the usvta site that clearly sets weight. Does FW "enforce" that, if you mean does FW weigh each and every car before and after each race.....no they don't. Do they weigh cars if someone asks, yes.
skypilot is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 05:45 PM
  #9548  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
Hey Sam, at Fantasy world you can run pretty much whatever you want in VTA, regardless of the rules. Mini, Front wheel drive, I've never seen anyone turned away. I'm sure over the winter thier rules committee has been hard at work keeping a finger on the pulse of the racing community and will have an exciting race program set up for this summer. Then again, probably not.
But honestly pretty much everything is welcome there.
I peed when I saw this! I think YBD has been too busy trying to put a dress on a pig over at the new store.. At least I know the electrical will be nice and the roll up door works ..

I wish the "committee" was made up of racers..
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
  #9549  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
oXYnary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Be thankful you all have someplace. During the summer I'm SOL, and I can't race next season because its weekends only.
oXYnary is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
  #9550  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,690
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

you chose to be SOL...
skypilot is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 PM
  #9551  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,690
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I peed when I saw this! I think YBD has been too busy trying to put a dress on a pig over at the new store.. At least I know the electrical will be nice and the roll up door works ..

I wish the "committee" was made up of racers..
wasn't really talking about YBD
skypilot is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
  #9552  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
you chose to be SOL...
Yeah Drew, you choose to be employed. lol
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
  #9553  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
flameoutgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Srcr Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,649
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

No one chooses to be employed... Who wants that anyways
flameoutgarrett is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM
  #9554  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
wasn't really talking about YBD
I know but he is the "President"..
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
  #9555  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Yeah Drew, you choose to be employed. lol
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
No one chooses to be employed... Who wants that anyways
I do!! I find out next week if I get my job.. suck part is the work week is THU-MON.. So my weekend daytime racing is out and would be stoked for the Saturday night Gym action, and for selfish reasons would want it to stay that way!!

Glad I have been stockpiling Nitro TC gear... not. I want the job and want to be able to race...
Logi Maker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.