Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Clearly, a lot of product is coming out. I can't keep up. I do not know anything about that particular rotor, but the sales pitch sounds good. I have found Novak motors to be more tolerant of heat. At 1S, a finish temp of 155 should be normal. Do that to a Tri based motor and you will feel fade. Alex informed that Tekin had new software just last Friday I didn't know was coming out. I am just going to have to go old skool like Jenkins. Gonna rock the GenX with Duo1 from here on out.

Todd, we did miss you. You do a lot of work around that building that many don't see. Lots of behind the scenes organizing. I hope that you didn't go through harsh withdraws while your were away. Secretly sneaking off to go check rctech at the beach andj late at night.... stuff like that. Now it's back to business. We have a ECC to fluff up.
I bought one of those rotors along with vented end bells and red wire stator, when from a 82/26 down to a 82/22 (that's in a off road truck), same top end, more bottom
end.
And your right, to much new stuff all the time. Now we're tweaking blinky mode.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
Now we're tweaking blinky mode.
Never saw it coming.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Never saw it coming.
Did your neighbor?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hangar 30 Cup series points through last week's races are posted below.

Bill S.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by waswadener
Hangar 30 Cup series points through last week's races are posted below.

Bill S.
Racing WGT more times than Brian Bodine is proving to be EPIC!!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default FWD Racing?

Does anyone know where they race cars like these?

http://www.redrc.net/2012/02/serpent...uring-chassis/

Looks cool, but I've never come across an event/track even online where they are popular...

Peace,
Sam
Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Does anyone know where they race cars like these?

http://www.redrc.net/2012/02/serpent...uring-chassis/

Looks cool, but I've never come across an event/track even online where they are popular...

Peace,
Sam
I think it'd be legal for Scale Spec. I'd assume tire and weight restrictions apply unless you hear otherwise.

It would be so sweet to have a field of scale spec cars with RCGT, VTA, Mini, and FWD entries all on the lead lap, battling to the flag. We could even work in rules tweaks for things like the HPI Cup Racer and those ABC hobbies cars.

-Mike
Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I think it'd be legal for Scale Spec. I'd assume tire and weight restrictions apply unless you hear otherwise.

It would be so sweet to have a field of scale spec cars with RCGT, VTA, Mini, and FWD entries all on the lead lap, battling to the flag. We could even work in rules tweaks for things like the HPI Cup Racer and those ABC hobbies cars.

-Mike
I ran my FF03 in the spec class last year ago and the FF03 is faster in the straight away, but in the infleld the 4wd is a little quicker ,The problem with the front drive TC ,the backend of the car is too light and it is very easy to get spin out when other 4wd TC bump into them...
Old 02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

-Mike
I just envision a polka dotted mini being tossed around like a beach ball at a Phish concert. But I agree, it would be cool to see.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Just happened to find this today. It was at an elemetry school and the drivers stand was the cafteria stage...Brian was at this one too! Can't remember just who was there...Chris White, Steve, maybe..
Bout the last time I ran the Delta Spyder. It was out of date by 5 years at the time.
Tracy
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-can-nats96.jpg  
Old 02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TracySlatten
Just happened to find this today. It was at an elemetry school and the drivers stand was the cafteria stage...Brian was at this one too! Can't remember just who was there...Chris White, Steve, maybe..
Bout the last time I ran the Delta Spyder. It was out of date by 5 years at the time.
Tracy
I went to a number of these races over the years. They were very fun events. The Canadians are awesome hosts.

I finished 2nd to Scotty Brown at one of these events. My Brother Dave, Chris White, Ron Steen, Brian Bodine, Jeff T., and many more of the old Raceway Hobbies gang went to these for years.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Attend the WCICS next year and you will not be disappointed!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

-Mike
It's funny you mention the Mini and HPI Cup Racers... I was sorta thinking of trying one of the two is Scale Spec this summer. I'll have a bunch of electronics collecting dust in my 12th scale otherwise if I run only one class And I'm not sure I want to run 12th scale outdoors.

Unfortunately, the cost might be too much, even for an "inexpensive" RC chassis (there's an oxymoron for ya! Who ever heard of RC being inexpensive!)

When I got back into the RC hobby this past summer, some people raced Cup Racers at Galaxy Hobby in Lynnwood (I raced F1 myself, but later sold it to help pay for the Xray), and the Cup Racers were pretty cool. Small, 4WD, and vintage bodies The kits are "only" about $200 too (with a body even).

Anyway, I'm not sure how competitive they'd be, but looks like fun

Peace,
Samwise the Brave
Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

One sexy beast.. "old" i know but i stumbled on it..

http://www.v-dezign.net/carpet-ripper-v2
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
One sexy beast.. "old" i know but i stumbled on it..

http://www.v-dezign.net/carpet-ripper-v2
I by chance pitted across the table from Vesa at the snowbirds, really cool guy and a pretty awesome "dezign." That car in chassis length is shorter than all and in wheel base is longer then most!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.