Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Curry ran, yes he did! I even got to yell at him over the PA. It was a great day. For some reason I am whooped up. I am going to self medicate with some barely soda's and chill with some mindless tv, and reflect back on the fun we had today.

Great runs today! Track records fell in a few classes: SS = Franco, ST = Jake, and 12th... first by Sean then not to be outdone ... myself. I personally tech'ed cars after their efforts to check the validity. Nicely done gents!

Todd, welcome back soon. We didn't scratch the car while you were away and cleaned the cat box. The new under loop was flawless. So in effect, it's in better shape then when you left.

Thanks for the support and cooperation everyone.

Brian
Old 02-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Pretty bummed I missed curry race.. I feel like twisted sister got back together and did a show down the street and I went grocery shopping instead
Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Awesome day. Thank you to Alex and Brian for running a great program today. Much appreciated. Great idea on the underloop. Way nicer to navigate that area.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Brian, Brian, Brian, ...... ok folks ..... I was the fortunate soul to post-tech Brians Record setting 1/12th car ...... after a few " scale malfunctions " requiring at least four re-calibraions it was found a hanging chad caused the faulty gram count. So it was determined Brian's 1/12th car was not under weight after all therefore the record is indeed legitimate. Nice job Briansky, enjoy the Brewsky.
( that'll teach you for taping down my vacuum cord ! )

and to Jeff Jenkins, ever since you came on the scene I've used you as a gauge to compare to , to see how well I'm progressing. Basically, If I am competitive with you it means I'm doing something right. Mainly its nice to see you back out with a TC so we can go wheel to wheel again. Thanks !

p.s. great job on the mic Brian and Alex, you guys ran a great program too .... and the new loop rocks !

Jake
Old 02-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default 2/11/12 Saturday H30 race results

Well, I guess I don't need to say much about the racing today, I think Brian covered the new track records, Franco in scale spec, Jake in stock TC, Brian in stock 1/12th. Congrats. Other than that, I'll just say, if you weren't there, you should have been, as it was a good day of racing. Everybody did well even with the "keep them guessing with the heat order" I tried today. We had some really great starts again, in all the mains, even that drag race between Mary and Sam was fun, and well done. Very well done all, and I think overall made for some really close competition, which by all accounts is why we do this.

Some visitors on the day:

It was "Awesome" to see you Ritchie. Time for you to get back on the track. What TC are you thinking about getting? You know, from here in Washington, you can almost see Russia...

Greg, I had half of one of those cupcakes, you are correct, "Awesome" even though they are not from Russia... Oh, wait, you already have one, ignore that last remark.
But not this one, "skeleton"

A special nod to the early crew, Grant, Kyle, Kyle & Jake, that manned the leaf blowers and those that followed with the vacuums to get the tbf to a lower level on the carpet.

And, thanks again to Brian, for sharing the RD job for the day, and to all those who stepped up and turn-marshaled when that was needed after those heats with very few racers in them.

-Alex

Here are the results:
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (44.7 KB, 77 views)
Round2.txt (46.5 KB, 71 views)
Round3.txt (48.3 KB, 93 views)
Round4.txt (32.2 KB, 181 views)
Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Did Curry run??
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Curry ran, yes he did! I even got to yell at him over the PA. It was a great day.

Thanks for the support and cooperation everyone.

Brian
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Pretty bummed I missed curry race.. I feel like twisted sister got back together and did a show down the street and I went grocery shopping instead

Man, I am such a Rock Star!!!!

Garrett, just to make you jelious, Jeff Jr. even got to pit across from me

Make sure you visit us when you can.

Steve
Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

To Alex and Brian,

You guys Rock!! Awesome job on the RD duties the last couple of races. The track was in great shape, the track records are sure proof to that.

To everyone else, Thanks for making racing enjoyable.

Steve
Old 02-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Awesome day at the Hangar! Blowing the floor off an the vacuuming seemed to be the way to go.. A few more vacuums next time will be the ticket..

Thanks to Grant for the ride up there and the pit time..

Greg Stevens.. Thanks for telling me my motor sucked in my 1/12 and GIVING me a new one. Also for one of the best cupcakes and the worst picture in my mind of your neighbor..

Tracy thanks for the pan tips and pointing out that my camber gauge lied..

And to Clifton for diff clinic and congrats on the great runs..

Sean Maybell, not what I had planned for my first time "taking you out", no wine, no canoe, no sharing a dessert. Sorry. I am still your "big" fan....

Next up is the ECC which should prove Epic.. Hopefully I will
be employed and feel a little less guilty for being there.. First interview after being layed off for the last 4 months on Wednesday.. Fingers crossed!

Thanks H30!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

AMR-12 or R8C?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Awesome day at the Hangar! Blowing the floor off an the vacuuming seemed to be the way to go.. A few more vacuums next time will be the ticket..

Thanks to Grant for the ride up there and the pit time..

Greg Stevens.. Thanks for telling me my motor sucked in my 1/12 and GIVING me a new one. Also for one of the best cupcakes and the worst picture in my mind of your neighbor..

Tracy thanks for the pan tips and pointing out that my camber gauge lied..

And to Clifton for diff clinic and congrats on the great runs..

Sean Maybell, not what I had planned for my first time "taking you out", no wine, no canoe, no sharing a dessert. Sorry. I am still your "big" fan....

Next up is the ECC which should prove Epic.. Hopefully I will
be employed and feel a little less guilty for being there.. First interview after being layed off for the last 4 months on Wednesday.. Fingers crossed!

Thanks H30!!
Hangar 30 Rocks!!! I had a blast yesterday! The Hangar was in good hands! Alex and Brian, thanks for all the hard work! You guys did a awesome job. Alex called some great races and I can see Brians track owners experience when he's on the mic. Its a comforting feeling hearing his voice while Im driving... Probably because that means he isnt on the track, stressing me out with pressure!

Speaking of pressure, at the start of Q3 Saturday, my car felt really good. I thought to myself, "time to crush the track record"... The thing is, Brian was the car staggard behind me...and I couldnt shake him. I picked it up a little but still he was going nowhere! Brian had obviously "found something" and motored to the TQ. At least I was right about the track record... Great job Brian!

Kyle, if it ever happens again!!!!.....we will have to share some nachos! I still love you! Good luck this week on the job search!

Nice run in TC Jake! Damn your fast and Im stoked I can almost keep up with you now! I think Armstrong got that main on video. That might be a fun one to watch.

Good times! Cant wait till next time!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Motors n' Rotors

Hi!

First off, great racing yesterday! Thank you to everyone and especially for those who filled in for Todd. I had a blast, and a big, big thank you to Jeff for helping me with my very limited Stock Sedan setup knowledge, haha Seems I've forgotten a lot over the past 6 years of not racing sedans...

So questions:

I noticed some people run the RevTech motor in the Stock Sedan class. I know that people have had mixed luck with the motor in general, but I liked it in my 12th scale at least.

Is it worth trying the RevTech in Stock Sedan (I currently run a D3)? What could be expected with the change?

Next question: I've heard that running a different rotor can be helpful. What are people's experience with running a different rotor, especially for Stock Sedan? Any recommendations as to what type to use?

Thanks a bundle,
Samwise
Old 02-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
AMR-12 (Stable through the bumps and good balance of steering and traction) or R8C? (Maybe good for a hero lap or two, sketchy and unstable.)
These are my findings on numerous back to back trials, on various tracks and grip conditions.

The Parma Speed 8 HD is a good stock body as well.

Trying to sort out a shipping method with Mobers to get a few of Black Art bodies he won snowbirds with. Very ugly on the bench but look good turning hot laps.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Next question: I've heard that running a different rotor can be helpful. What are people's experience with running a different rotor, especially for Stock Sedan? Any recommendations as to what type to use?
The motor is the motor, it's either fast or it isn't.
Rotor tuning will change your powerband. I think a lot of it can depend on personal preference or the class you run in, and the biggest effect I think is reducing fade at the end of the race. You can gain a little torque here, a little RPM there but the biggest thing to shoot for in stock classes is not fading.

I don't have any suggestion for TC, but here's what I run in the following classes (all in Revtech motors, std rotor is TEP1101)

17.5 Non-boost 12th : TEP1101 - 12.3mm Broad Powerband
17.5 Boosted 12th : TEP1101 - 12.3mm Broad Powerband
13.5 Non-boost 12th : TEP1112 - 12.5mm High Torque
13.5 Boosted 12th : TEP1101 - 12.3mm Broad Powerband
13.5 Non-boost WGT : TEP1111 - 12.5mm Broad Powerband
10.5 Boosted WGT : TEP1111 - 12.5mm Broad Powerband
10.5 Boosted 12th : TEP1111 - 12.5mm Broad Powerband

I really think that you are probably alright with the rotor it comes with. 99% of the time it's going to be the best option.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Wow thanks for the kind words Jake! It is good to be back running TC again it has always been my favorite class and since I have been only running 1/12 it is fun racing something different right now.

Also does anyone have any new losi Type R LCD front driveshaft sets??? Looking to do some horse trading . I need them for the tc3 . There the double jointed ones.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's funny Sean, we were just getting going in R3 and I was thinking this car feels pretty good, but I can't catch Sean, so his must be pretty good too. Plus we were doing some 39/8:04 pace type of thing. I think we went nearly 5 minutes before Sean took too tight a line off the straight and blew that turn. That was all it took, barely a 1.5 second mistake.

I tried something different all day. My first chassis originally had a Duo1 which felt real nice to drive. R2, I dropped in a D3, that's when Sean pulled away and upped the track record to a :03 vs my :06. At lunch, I tried a 1S rotor in the D3 can timed to the moon and dropped a few teeth from what I had been running. I matched my fast lap, but book-ended it with a pair of 13 flats which left me discouraged. Now this car has a unknown motor & wore out tires, but drove real nice. I was looking at a lot of work to swap all this over from my other chassis that I tested earlier in the day. Instead, I made a simple battery location adjustment on the back up car and tossed it out there for R3. That brings us to the top of the story.... hugh... this car didn't feel this good in practice!

Sean's Sonic motor had more grunt out of the hole but I would have to say I had better top end and a smoother car in the corners. Still, I had motor envy wishing that I could blend Sean's hp with my chassis for the main. Wondering what chess move Sean may do for the main, I went conservative on my changes. I raised the rear ride height just a tick to compensate for the wearing tires and added one tooth to the pinion in speculation that the roll out might be getting too low. I don't know if Sean made changes, but I will say our cars must not have been as good as the 3rd round. We broke away from the pack. I couldn't shake Sean. Mid way in, Sean tangled with a passing miscue dropping him to 3rd as Tracy was on the charge. Tracy had a strong car all the way to the end and was chipping away at what little lead I had. He whittled it down to 2 seconds when time expired. Had the main gone another 30 seconds, I was going to be in trouble. In the end, going up a tooth wound up being the wrong thing to do.

It was a great main. Clifton had a great day too, he was happy. Tracy has been one of the fastest cars at the end of a run for a couple of weeks now.... going to have to keep an eye on that guy! His new 12th body is looking pretty good too!

I did go back an forth with Jack and SXT. I did stick with Jack but kept both of them on long soak, about 30 minutes or more. Since the guys did a bang up job of blowing and vacuuming, the little green fuzzies were nearly none existent. Bravo, Boys!

Our next race is on the 22nd. I am sure that I will be testing even more stuff that day, chasing those ever elusive tenths.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.