Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Thanks Brian!

I was hoping to run two classes at the ECC race, hence the question. However, it turns out I probably can't run both Stock Touring and 12th Scale after all. It would require about a $200 investment to purchase a second charger and transponder... definitely not in the budget, especially for just one two-day race. Stock Sedan is probably the only class I'll run, plus it gives me more time to adjust the car and less stress and pressure.

Peace,
Sam
There should be enough time between each round for you to charge both on one charger fwiw. I wish I had a second class to run. Going to be spending lots of time in the pits. Unless somehow there would be enough to run a mini class?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I believe all we have to do is vacuum the track and traction will be markedly better. All that tennis ball fuzz is loose fibers , like dirt. Every time we roll up the carpet the tennis ball fuzz ( and dirt ) builds up on the carpet. If we regularly had more hands putting the track together the build time might allow time to vacuum , but so far there isn't time to do that. Just a simple fact. I'm not suggesting that will ever happen. I've given up on that pipe dream !
We will before ECC though?

The foam tire cleaner with tape pulling. Each strip was remarkably yellow after using on my tires.

God, you guys are going to have it soo good next year in that gym. Im pre-jealous.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
There should be enough time between each round for you to charge both on one charger fwiw. I wish I had a second class to run. Going to be spending lots of time in the pits. Unless somehow there would be enough to run a mini class?
Thanks for the advice; maybe I'll try to charge both on one charger, not sure.

I usually charge at the recommended rate (kinda slow), so it can take up to 40 or 50 minutes to charge a battery. If it's safe/ROAR legal to charge at a higher rate, I might try that. I heard yesterday that 1C charge rate (mAh/1000) was the ROAR legal charge limit

As to running a mini, have you considered running it in the Spec class? The car might not be competitive, but I'm fairly certain it would be allowed and fun! Just a thought.

Peace,
Samwise
Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I've got a Triton EQ ac/dc charger at home. I'll try to remember to bring it to the ECC. It works totally fine, I just don't use it anymore because it only does 5A, and doesn't have a storage option.

-Mike
Thanks for the offer! That is very kind.

I'll let you know. I've only used the Thunder Power charger, so I'd have to learn the menu system on the Triton. I can't imagine it's very complicated though haha...

Peace,
Sam
Old 02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks! I'll decide what to do and let you know soon Does your Thunder Power charger require a power supply? I don't have a power supply because I use the AC/DC version.
yes it req power supply..I do have an extra one power supply you can use as well...
Old 02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

As to running a mini, have you considered running it in the Spec class? The car might not be competitive, but I'm fairly certain it would be allowed and fun! Just a thought.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Meant like my M18 Pro. Which wouldn't work in Spec. Especially for a weekend race.
If its not already obvious, I'm the local mini/micro aficionado.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oXYnary
We will before ECC though?
The track will surely be in good shape for the ECC since the build will be the night before it starts, or so I'm told.

and THIS Saturday, if I can manage it, I'll arrive at 6:30 with a blower before we roll out the carpet, then vacuum the carpet. Effectively we'll reap the benefits of the tennis ball fuzz free floor for Saturday AND the next club race.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
The track will surely be in good shape for the ECC since the build will be the night before it starts, or so I'm told.

and THIS Saturday, if I can manage it, I'll arrive at 6:30 with a blower before we roll out the carpet, then vacuum the carpet. Effectively we'll reap the benefits of the tennis ball fuzz free floor for Saturday AND the next club race.
and just who do you think is dumb enough to show up that early with a key to let you in?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Boy some one wants a really fast 27 lap run in stock TC! Sucks I have to miss Saturdays race...

Don't forget this weekends also the NW Model Hobby Expo. Its three days long so plenty of time to get up and check it out and still get in a Saturday race day!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kody
Boy some one wants a really fast 27 lap run in stock TC! Sucks I have to miss Saturdays race...
Nah, TC doesn't seem to be effected as much as the foam cars. Hate to see people having to buy 20 different foam tire combos when all we need is a clean track. And anyway, win lose or draw I'd rather be running MOD but races like last night keep me coming back for more so I'm not complaining too much !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRjHA..._order&list=UL
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldrcr
and just who do you think is dumb enough to show up that early with a key to let you in?
Remember, I have a key to your house.... during the night I'll just turn all your clocks forward a half hour !
Old 02-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OVA
yes it req power supply..I do have an extra one power supply you can use as well...
Perfect! Thanks a bunch!

Peace,
Sam
Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I can see where you start to "think", and where the tires go away.

but the car is amazingmatic
Old 02-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

In regards to the debris on the carpet;

It's not that bad. It's been much worse. I was talking about this last night, we did a very good job vacuuming on the 31st but one thing we forgot to do which we ha done before is clean the floor before laying out the carpet. The debris is not that bad, and the grip is getting much better. We have a reasonable groove considering how little we run on this track. It's not much less than what we saw at say Victoria during the two day race.

We should clean the floor before we put the carpet down Saturday if there is enough time and hands on that are willing to do it. The more we clean the floor before we roll out the carpet the better.

Things I learned last night that made the car better;

I never liked SXT before. It always was less grip; I listened to everyone running it saying it was fine. It's not. It takes away grip on foam, and I'm 100% convinced of this. I switched to Jack and soaked for 12 minutes. It was considerably better than SXT at 15+ minutes. My tires also came off the track cleaner after the main, and with less wear. Peter was right. It's why I keep him around, he's my long term memory....

Uptravel... I discovered (with my front end anyhow) that a little more uptravel lets the car carve better over our bumps. I'm now running 2mm over ride height. Breaking a king pin in R2 was inadvertently a good thing and led to this discovery. I never ran that much prior.

Good racing last night. Nice to get a win but way nicer to have a car that doesn't run like ass. I'm hating the track a bit less now.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Interesting to read this about SXT. Rubber tires do not last as long running SXT over Jack too. Although I have found a fast consistent set up using SXT and was preferring it over Jack. Even the new bottle purchased from Sean last night worked fine. Maybe its time to play with Jack again...

What's strange to me is the fact rubber TC's always have traction problems and need more grip. Now its the foam cars over the TC's! What's going on here!?!?!? One of these days I'll be able to order a 12th scale and join the struggle to last 8 minutes!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.