Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I laughed so hard I peed myself, ( just a dribble it doesn't show)
I owe ya some money sir. How can we make the exchange? Haven't seen ya in awhile.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have been on the track only one time, others have been on it 3 times. I tested a bunch of stuff 2 weeks ago and only made trash for results. Early in the evening, I had gray/graylow on the car. It made fast laps for the first 90 seconds then went to slip-n-slide mode. My 43/42mm yellow/blacks didn't go term either. I don't know what to believe. I just cut a set of Wes' donkcongulous tires and hacked the wheel wells out of a trash body. It looks a little like that green car without the chrome. Should be fun. I'm gonna roll over some stuff.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I have been on the track only one time, others have been on it 3 times. I tested a bunch of stuff 2 weeks ago and only made trash for results. Early in the evening, I had gray/graylow on the car. It made fast laps for the first 90 seconds then went to slip-n-slide mode. My 43/42mm yellow/blacks didn't go term either. I don't know what to believe. I just cut a set of Wes' donkcongulous tires and hacked the wheel wells out of a trash body. It looks a little like that green car without the chrome. Should be fun. I'm gonna roll over some stuff.
You have to stop running that CRC nonsense

Seriously though, you ran when it was real green and black/yellow wasn't good; nothing was. Shay and Weylin ran small black/yellow and were fast, my car was as fast on the same tire but the taller tire I think gives more grip. Todd was rolling on donks and went fast.... I think I peeled fastest lap on that setup at 12.4 something. So it's probably the way to go now that we have some groove pulled into the line.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:48 PM
piper48

Default 1/12

Thanks Wes. I bought a new set of magenta/graylows at timezone a couple of weeks ago and ran them big. As you said they were great at first but plowed the rest of the way. I was hoping to get away with the same setup at the Hangar but looks like I'll need to go back to what works.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by piper48
Thanks Wes. I bought a new set of magenta/graylows at timezone a couple of weeks ago and ran them big. As you said they were great at first but plowed the rest of the way. I was hoping to get away with the same setup at the Hangar but looks like I'll need to go back to what works.
Graylow isn't bad, I think Todd has those on the rear... so just get some black fronts.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I still say there has to be some compromise out there other than just blacks. They scrub too much and thus wear too fast. Not only does the price annoy me. But the real one is having to reset my front ride height almost every other round. As well as having to reshim my knuckle to keep the same offset to the servo, and make sure the toein/out is the same. Maybe one of those exotic rubbers that some of those newer companies (like Enneti or GRP) have might work.

If Blacks are 40 shore and Greys are 35. What about a Lilac (37)? I realize its a natural rubber though. But maybe its not as bad as a purple with gunk??? Also what would Enneti 45 be if 40 shores are normally black? I cant fine any correlation to colors with an Enneti list?

Anyhow Sean, can you bring some front 12th axles shims. Though if you have any other than AE that might be good. Mine is supposed to be 1/8th but I tried some AE's from Tracy he thought were fronts axles ones and the ID on the shim was a little smaller.

Last edited by oXYnary; 02-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

New CRC sponsored ride...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs39H...e_gdata_player
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by oXYnary
I still say there has to be some compromise out there other than just blacks. They scrub too much and thus wear too fast. Not only does the price annoy me. But the real one is having to reset my front ride height almost every other round. As well as having to reshim my knuckle to keep the same offset to the servo, and make sure the toein/out is the same. Maybe one of those exotic rubbers that some of those newer companies (like Enneti or GRP) have might work.

If Blacks are 40 shore and Greys are 35. What about a Lilac (37)? I realize its a natural rubber though. But maybe its not as bad as a purple with gunk??? Also what would Enneti 45 be if 40 shores are normally black? I cant fine any correlation to colors with an Enneti list?

Anyhow Sean, can you bring some front 12th axles shims. Though if you have any other than AE that might be good. Mine is supposed to be 1/8th but I tried some AE's from Tracy he thought were fronts axles ones and the ID on the shim was a little smaller.
Lilac might work too. Lilac/Orange is a good combo sometimes.

Myself I just set my car up for 4mm and wear through the tires until it is about 3.4 and starts to rub a little, then put on new tires. Thankfully my car tends to wear the front and rears at the same rate.

I'm going to try Enetti black and yellows Wednesday. I hear they are terrible though so I'm not expecting more to just run them and toss them, if I don't like them you are welcome to try them.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Diameter in 12th definitely helps with grip when it's low. It will probably be the norm until we smear enough groove around. Save the small guys for later in the season when it warms up. What's got me stumped, is the carpet was not like this when it was new a year ago. The Hanger definitely is unique.

Drew; sounds like you are trying too hard to maintain ride height. Wes is right, set for 4mm and get through the evening without looking at it. You know when you are too high when you traction roll. You will struggle with tire brands trying to cross reference shore ratings and exotics vs economies. There is not international traction chart for all tires. Gray is softer then black when it comes to front, so if you really want to mow off a front, try gray. You will have to CA the side wall as they are grabby. You will likely have to dial down the reactive caster if you are going to try them.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

..... What's got me stumped, is the carpet was not like this when it was new a year ago. The Hanger definitely is unique.
Tennis ball fuzz. Roll it up , Kick around , gittyup , RAW HIDE....
Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I have 2 RevTech 13.5's on H30 special, $30 each!
Brian
Brian,

I'll take one, save me the best one

I will pay tomorrow if you'll be there.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have 2 RevTech 13.5's on H30 special, $30 each!
Brian
I'll probably take them
Old 02-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

We could go back to Paragon and all this lack of grip conversation would disappear Spray a stripe down halfway down the straight and let the cars drag it around.

I think that I have mentioned many times before that TRC Lilac 37 (Team Pink) are a good alternative to black fronts, but so people don't miss it again, I'll put it in bold....

TRC Lilac 37 (Team Pink) is a good alternative to black fronts, being smoother than Magenta's, Pinks, etc. and less wearing than blacks.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman
Brian,

I'll take one, save me the best one

I will pay tomorrow if you'll be there.
I'll be there WAY before Curry, first come first serve. Steve I'll have one for you... $40
Old 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by piper48
Anyone running CRC Magenta fronts and Graylow rears on this new layout? Do they work? How much sauce?
Lem,
I think Todd has made the most laps with the magenta/magenta setup. Wear is good. But most are sticking with the Black/Yellow setup, Todd is on that combo now as well. (I think)

When I tried the magenta up front and the yellows/grayY in the back, wear was uneven. The fronts hardly wore and the backs wore down, leaving you with a funky stagger, unless you went to the truer a bit to keep the fronts smaller than the rears.

The rubber families are different too, The gray/black/yellow same rubber family, Magenta/pink/?? another. When the carpet was newer it picked stuff more with magenta/pink family. (When everyone was pissed that there car would not run on Pinks).

If I was to try something different, it would be to run black/yellow blackhawks/Jacos. I think at this point, long as we run this carpet, on this sauce, black/yellow will be the standard of comparison.

Tracy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.