Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Fun day at the Hanger as always. Happy with my touring car setup but im still overdriving it. I had a 24 lap run going in Q3 but broke an A arm pushing it too hard.

Scale Spec I have made a dozen changes to the setup from Wed. night in a quest to make the thing turn, and i was successful, it turns well now but im pretty sure im down on power. Ive tried two different speedos, 3 different batteries, every gear between a 3.30 and 4.0 FDR and im still getting smoked down the straights by everybody in the field. Belt tension, gear mesh is good, all new bearings in the car. The car scaled at 1480g so im not way heavy. I know scale spec is all about momentum and carrying your corner speed into the straights but something is wrong. My line was pretty tight today but im still like an anchor down the back stretch. Im running the Novak blue label "VTA" 25.5 motor. I dont see anybody else running that motor?

Im really close to ditching my scale spec/VTA effort but i think its a neat class and want to support it. Any thoughts?
I can tell you that I run am running at 3.70 fdr (84s/51p w 2.25 internal), I did run a 3.44fdr on the old track. I am running the novak 25.5 blue label motor with a GTB2 speed controller. My weight is also about 1480-1490. Some silver cans can be alittle faster, but seem to fade alittle later during a race from what Bill and I have seen. I believe it is all about corner speed and a clean line. I run a Tamiya 415msx and Bill is running a TC6. We are both at the same speed going down the straight. Bill is just a better driver and is getting a better lap. Hope this was helpful.

Mark, I am still smiling about that race yesterday, THAT WAS FUN.

Rob
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I'm hitting the RC shops over here in Hong Kong in the next couple days. If there's anything anyone needs, let me know and I'll check prices. Tamiya is plentiful and cheaper here. 3racing. Serpent stuff might be easier to come by, too. I don't want to fly with batteries, though. And I won't be back until the 29th.

-Mike
We support RC Hobbies and our local Shops around here bud
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Sorry Jeff!
Weylin and JEFF brought their game. Don't know what happened there. I'll grasp at the "Late and tired" excuse.
Well it looks like they brought their A game, but only problem is that it appears your still bringing your A+ game to the track! Keep it up Todd its rad to see how fast your runnin this year. 3rd victory of the year if im not mistaken and you've beaten the best the hangar has to offer IM sorry Sean and I had to miss yesterday's race, we'll be peeling at the next one.

Its also cool to see Garrett knocking off the rust. Dont let him fool you he plays the im just in it for fun and my car has bucky setup parameters all over it card but that dude can flat out wheel! A couple more races an he'll be up there fightin for w's.

The satisfaction from ingoring ignorance feels almost as good as winning a National Championship! Keep it up guys the Hangar 30 Racing club has the best On-road talent in the northwest with an awsome core group of guys who help keep On-Road racing alive and well.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58509

Is it just me... or does these look freaking awesome? Want.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peeler

Its also cool to see Garrett knocking off the rust. Dont let him fool you he plays the im just in it for fun and my car has bucky setup parameters all over it card but that dude can flat out wheel! A couple more races an he'll be up there fightin for w's.

l.
We're talkin 72 camaro in a field rust here haha

Grant, dc, I was curious what they get for that stuff over there, if you happen to see one make a note of the price, don't go out of your way tho lol
Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We support RC Hobbies and our local Shops around here bud
For the most part I agree, but there are things you cant get in shops locally. Like Atomic RC.*

*Unless you consider The Toyz, but since he is mail order only and in Auburn. Not really a local shop.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

If you get one and come out an race I'll buy one for sure. Todd will be down an boom theres are Lemans GTP Class. We need to run 75 lap races with 2 drivers making a mandatory pit stop and driver change. When 1 driver is racing the other will corner and vice versa.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

It's not just you... but check the fine print: it uses a 6.6V battery that you can't get in the states
Old 01-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Samwise
It's not just you... but check the fine print: it uses a 6.6V battery that you can't get in the states
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...master-17.html
Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

i dont get what the big deal is about this car. its a piece of plastic with a hint of poop! not a fan of it other than its got a cool body. thats just me. it would be interesting to have a true 1/12 spec class with just these cars to get some beginners involved. since we do have a growing 1/12 interest and its obviously the bigger class at the hangera true spec class wouldnt be to bad of an idea. it is late in the season to add but could be good for next season??
Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you get one and come out an race I'll buy one for sure.
+1
Old 01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

I want to pull the trigger on the P350 Power Supply that Brian mentioned. However, since it puts out 15 volts. Do most 12 volt electronics have enough leeway to allow the higher voltage?

My TP 610C is no issue

However here are other items:

- Trim RC LED Pit Lamp with a 12V 5VA (is that 5 amps or like .5 amps?)
- Maha AA/AAA Charger with 12V 2 amp charger.

If all else fails, can I pick up inline switching voltage regulator to 12v? Like these:
http://search.digikey.com/us/en/cat/...56570?k=LM2676

Or would I be safe plugging these into the P350 with no voltage reduction?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
i dont get what the big deal is about this car. its a piece of plastic with a hint of poop! not a fan of it other than its got a cool body. thats just me. it would be interesting to have a true 1/12 spec class with just these cars to get some beginners involved. since we do have a growing 1/12 interest and its obviously the bigger class at the hangera true spec class wouldnt be to bad of an idea. it is late in the season to add but could be good for next season??
Well, I only think it's cool for the body too. Same with F1 cars.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
hi Sam
check out the tamiya TCS RM-01 rules for this year...3.7 volt
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-tamiya-12th.jpg  

Last edited by OVA; 01-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Spec tires and a spec motor would probly let a handful of people get into 1/12 scale that otherwise thought it was too expensive or not for them, sounds like a great idea to me, in all honesty keeping up on the fast tires and everything u need to keep the car up to par is kind of pain, and I think people see that and they are hesitant to try it

1/12 can be a very fun class and with a "level spec" playing field I think it would let a whole new group into the fun we are having

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.