Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Brushless, FHSS, Lipo, Gyro... I know what my next vehicle is. Need to sell my venom though. Great vehicle, but no where to run it except the hangar (too rough asphalt locally) and there isn't room these days with the larger track.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Awesome track guys, I was fortunate enough to make it out for practice, and I love this layout. Great flow, love the dots.

Can't wait 'till the 11th!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Awesome track guys, I was fortunate enough to make it out for practice, and I love this layout. Great flow, love the dots.

Can't wait 'till the 11th!
Ditto all that !!!

Yeah man, its amazing how it flows, is technical, challenging, yet still forgiving. Its SSHDialed.

Yup, the small dots and their placement are a big part of that. Like F1 cars roll over berms as they apex , they are slowed down and / or get out of shape but they don't usually crash because of them. Its totally cool.

Yup, The next race cannot come soon enough ! Actually SSHDialed is an understatement !

Last edited by Magnet Top; 01-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:54 PM
piper48

Thanks guys for the free all day practice. I needed a day like today to break in the new car. The layout IS dialed!! Not enough cars to rubber it in but traction came up fairly well. Heads up, the right hander in the middle is doozy. If the corner doesn't reach out and grab ya the dots will on the next corner. RESPECT THE DOTS!! Can't wait for the next weekend race.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Yup, the small dots and their placement are a big part of that. Like F1 cars roll over berms as they apex , they are slowed down and / or get out of shape but they don't usually crash because of them. Its totally cool.
Yeah my buddy and I were raving about those dots, I love how incorporated they are into the whole design. They really keep you honest.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I had the chance to try the new layout yesterday. Like the others, I really, really like its flow. I also like the dots because, if I cut a corner too close, I have one bad corner instead of a busted caster block and the end of my run. The new layout is real, real nice.

In case it helps other drivers, please know the new layout works the motor a lot more and, thus, FDRs will need changing.

With the old layout, my Stock TC's 3.83:1 FDR gave perfect end-of-run temps of 155 degrees. With the new layout, my temp jumped up 30 degrees. Yikes! I'll definitely be dropping a couple teeth off the pinion for the next race. I'd guess FDR of a little more than 3.9:1 will be the ticket.

My Scale Spec (25.5T brushless) car on the new layout was running FDR of 3.50:1 with end-of-run temp of 150 degrees. The car on the new layout really seemed to like that gearing. I'll leave its FDR there and see how things go at the next race. For reference, the same 3.50:1 FDR on the old layout game me temps of only 125.

For Scale Spec Silver Can drivers, don't run 25.5T gearing because it'll smoke your motor. For Silver Can cars, FDR near 5.7:1 on the new layout should put you in the ballpark. For reference, my kids' Silver Can cars were at 5.4:1 FDR on the old layout and temping at the max safe range.

In a nutshell, be prepared to drop a couple teeth off your pinions at the next race.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

I just ordered one of these for side fun for race days that Todd will allow me to keep at the hangar for the season. If there is enough interest, I will order more so we can expand as admittedly the one alone is small. This will be for use even when I'm not there on weekend races (you will have to put up take down though). Something to pass the time between long rounds if your race car is up to snuff already.

So bring out your 1/24th and smaller off-roaders next time.

FWIW: If someone wants to donate like a Micro-T or Micro-SC or two we can allow the audiences that come alone once in awhile to have something to try out RC.

As an aside, Charles does have a portable lap counting system he has designed with IR and works on Android. So if there is enough interest in this there could be a possibility of having "beat the time" or full on head to head races.

Last edited by oXYnary; 01-02-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2 loaners for the 11th

Heya Todd, just had 2 guys that were at the practice on Sunday that would like to give carpet a shot. So... Matt Steele and Aaron Lee are requesting 2 loaners. I will also be able to get back there. New design looks good, thanks to those whose efforts made it happen. Happy New Year H30 people!!!

Brian
Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Default XML

If one of our members is good with internet scripting languages like PHP or other and can translate XML data. Let me know. We have gotten a beta website up for a wireless internet free network at the track, with a webserver on the race machine. Done during the track rebuild. However, the live data is stored in xml files that would need to be translated realtime on the server for the end users computer.

Im checking with some folks at work, but maybe one of you would find such a task challenging and a way to help out the track?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waswadener
I had the chance to try the new layout yesterday. Like the others, I really, really like its flow. I also like the dots because, if I cut a corner too close, I have one bad corner instead of a busted caster block and the end of my run. The new layout is real, real nice.

In case it helps other drivers, please know the new layout works the motor a lot more and, thus, FDRs will need changing.

With the old layout, my Stock TC's 3.83:1 FDR gave perfect end-of-run temps of 155 degrees. With the new layout, my temp jumped up 30 degrees. Yikes! I'll definitely be dropping a couple teeth off the pinion for the next race. I'd guess FDR of a little more than 3.9:1 will be the ticket.
O
My Scale Spec (25.5T brushless) car on the new layout was running FDR of 3.50:1 with end-of-run temp of 150 degrees. The car on the new layout really seemed to like that gearing. I'll leave its FDR there and see how things go at the next race. For reference, the same 3.50:1 FDR on the old layout game me temps of only 125.

For Scale Spec Silver Can drivers, don't run 25.5T gearing because it'll smoke your motor. For Silver Can cars, FDR near 5.7:1 on the new layout should put you in the ballpark. For reference, my kids' Silver Can cars were at 5.4:1 FDR on the old layout and temping at the max safe range.

In a nutshell, be prepared to drop a couple teeth off your pinions at the next race.
Sometimes, but not always, adding teeth will cool your motor.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Listed a few on road related items over in the for sale thread. Can deliver @ H30 next Wednesday.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10122963-post9374.html
and
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10122968-post9375.html
Old 01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rubber Tire Saucing Tips and Stock Motor Timing?

Hi all!

So, I'm hoping to debut the Xray T3'12 (finally) at the next race and have a couple questions.

First:

What tire saucing method(s) do you recommend? I was thinking of 20 minutes of compound, full front and full rear, before the race and cleaning with SimpleGreen afterwards/in between races.

Second:

For the Stock Sedan guys, what timing should I start with on a Trinity D3 17.5? I'm running a big fan on the motor and geared around a 3.9 FDR, blinky ESC of course.

Thanks a bunch!
Sam
Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Sam,

Try nearly full timing at 3.9. New tighter layout... so its anyones guess for a while. As far as sauce, I don't clean my tires with anything. Saucing for 15 minutes should be a good starting point. Traction is going to be hit or miss for a while.... again, due to the new layout.

p.s. I will bring the 500,000 and 300,000 oil to the next race for your front gear diff....

Jake D.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kody
Hey guys,

Listed a few on road related items over in the for sale thread. Can deliver @ H30 next Wednesday.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10122963-post9374.html
and
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10122968-post9375.html
Hey Kody, I'll take the setup wheels. I'll be at the next H30 race on the 11th. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Does anybody have a Tamiya F104 Pro that you might be willing to part with?

Bill S

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.